Screen Setup

  • Thread starter Thread starter 95GTIVR6
  • 13 comments
  • 762 views

95GTIVR6

Rice, I love it.
Premium
Messages
825
United States
Charlotte, NC
Messages
CosmicMS3
Messages
I2valve
Recently I have changed my screen setup from "Normal" to "Simple" and also removed the Map from the screen as well. An advantage to this is that the usual "shaky screen" is not as prominent at tracks like Tokyo and Route5. I was wondering what kind of screen setups people use here.

Another difference in the screen setup is the removal of the "stopwatch" in the upper right and the "position" in the upper left. Also removed is the red "shift suggestor" above the gear number. Anyways, if you dont already, try this setup out and see how you fare. I find that it makes GT4 even more fun than it already is. Also, you get a better feel for the car.
 
Never changed mine... gonna try that tonight! BTW, this shaking is getting on my nerves! I get it not only during startup but during races, too, wheen too many cars get on the same screen... :nervous:
 
Yeap! The simple screen is the best (and realistic too: do you have all these information when you drive a car? no!)! :)

And it seemed that like you said, the shaking screen seems to be less present...
 
nurburgring
Yeap! The simple screen is the best (and realistic too: do you have all these information when you drive a car? no!)! :)

And it seemed that like you said, the shaking screen seems to be less present...


You do, however, have a team radioing you that information.
 
speedy_samurai
You do, however, have a team radioing you that information.

Good point!
And that's why you can see these vital informations each time you pass the "partial lap time lines" (I have no clue what's the real name). It will give you your position too.
 
Yeah, im not sure exactly when it gives you the information but I do know that it will flash at the end of each lap the lap time and current position.

Also with this layout you arent dependent on the "shift suggestor" and you have to rely on your skills at driving in order to have a good lap time.
 
geez, and I thought I was the only one with the shaky screen. I thought it was a problem with the disk because I got it from Ebay. Now I feel better knowing it's not just me, thanks.
 
95GTIVR6
Yeah, im not sure exactly when it gives you the information but I do know that it will flash at the end of each lap the lap time and current position.

I saw for sure these informations more than one time on a normal track! (3 times on Suzuka, around 10 times on Nurburgring!).

95GTIVR6
Also with this layout you arent dependent on the "shift suggestor" and you have to rely on your skills at driving in order to have a good lap time.

Absolutely right! 👍
For me, the blinking red suggested gear is like cheating! It is a lot more difficult and challenging to evaluate when it is time to brake without this information...

chevguy
geez, and I thought I was the only one with the shaky screen. I thought it was a problem with the disk because I got it from Ebay. Now I feel better knowing it's not just me, thanks.

Dont worry, everyone is affected by this bug (the biggest in the game!)... :yuck:
But, hopefully, we get used to it after a while.
 
nurburgring
I saw for sure these informations more than one time on a normal track! (3 times on Suzuka, around 10 times on Nurburgring!).



Absolutely right! 👍
For me, the blinking red suggested gear is like cheating! It is a lot more difficult and challenging to evaluate when it is time to brake without this information...



Dont worry, everyone is affected by this bug (the biggest in the game!)... :yuck:
But, hopefully, we get used to it after a while.


Yeah, I forgot to say that they appear more than once. But I cant figure out exactly when. I guess it is when you pass a checkpoint. I will have to go home and find out for sure.

I wouldnt nessisarily call it cheating because its really not an advantage. I noticed that when I would try and follow the "shift suggestor" it would not give me the right gear and I would either brake too early or too late.

I seriously recommend that everyone try this mode at least once. Get rid of that bloody (lol ive been here too long) map too. Thats deffinatley not in RL racing. Even your crew cant do anything like that. And im pretty sure race cars dont have GPS or navigation systems.
 
95GTIVR6
Yeah, I forgot to say that they appear more than once. But I cant figure out exactly when. I guess it is when you pass a checkpoint. I will have to go home and find out for sure.

Checkpoints, it will give you the time gap between you and the first place if you are not it, or the time gap to second place, if you are first.

If you run B-Spec, go to race monitor and change the map to the partial times, you will see the 3 colored bars (for each cheackpoint/intermediate part of the track), the one with the white line is your actual part. Color scale goes from red (best time on that sector) from dark purple (worst time). Still trying to figure out about the B-Spec Race monitor-arrows...
 
i never use a map and use simple.

ME PRO.
kthxbye.
 
I switched to simple a while ago to get rid of the "gear suggestor", which annoyed the hell out of me, much better this way.
 
i always use Simple screen setting, but with map so i could tell how far 3rd or below behind
 
i thought everyone used simple screen... i mean, why would anyone put up with that gear indicator blinking in your face, god that was anoying in gt3, but i didn't even know it was in gt4, since i was on simple layout since day1 configuration... i hate junk on my screen.
as for the minimap, eh if you've played the other turismo games you should have all the track maps burned into your retnas by now... and asside from the nordschleife, the new tracks are few and easy to learn. (and really how much help is a minimap going to be there)

oh, and yes, simple gives you updates every sector time. + a laps complete/remaining at the finish line.

ppucci : i'm pretty sure those multi-color arrows that pop up on the race monitor are an indication that the car is attempting to overtake.
 
Back