Screw the gt4 drifting forum

Discussion in 'GT4 Photo Mode' started by robofunc, May 2, 2010.

1. robofunc

robofunc

I'm all about nice pictures. This forum's got them, plus people actually talk.

I've been re-learning gt4 over the past 6-8 months, concentrating on drifting. I have taken entirely too many pictures in photo-mode.

I don't do much editing in Photoshop--usually just a simple adjustment of the curves.

Here are some examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. amartya

amartya

I love what I'm seeing... keep it coming

3. robofunc

robofunc

Thanks.

No problem there:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Lord Nicon

Lord Nicon

Niiice. Some really good stuff here. Great contrast and levels and despite any extensive editing these models look pretty darn good. Im digging the old school datsun/nissan love.

The first skyline, the last bluebird, and the last skyline are all pretty great. The composition in the first rps13 (180sx/240sx) is really nice. The tunnel lends some nice textures. I like how you started drifting the 240RS too. Dont see many people shooting them in photomode.

GJ

5. robofunc

robofunc

Thanks, I'm glad you like them. I'm a sucker for most older Japanese machines.

I usually try to tell/obscure a little bit about what's going on in the photos. Including the apex of the next corner in the background, lines of tire smoke showing a car's path through a turn, etc. Stuff like that adds a lot, IMO.

I really like drifting that 240RS. Its just good at holding a slide just a little longer than should be possible, transitioning quickly for the next corner and doing it all over again.

Here's some more old-school sideways action. Throwing some Toyota in the mix this time:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Lord Nicon

Lord Nicon

Yeah agreed. I love old Japanese machines. And im going to have to try the 240rs. Its just a nice but slightly forgotten Group B rally underdog.

The last 240 is very nice, the bluebird shot is killing it again (kudos) and the 3rd levin shots are my favorites of this bunch. I also like the cleanliness of the last celica/supra shot. Shows how nicely modeled it is.