Screwed up the 69 camaro

• Thread starter yogi bear
  • 12 comments
Canada
Langham, sk.
Old bear
the new 3.0 patch I thought would be adressing the short comings of the 69 camaro. You guys made it slower!.
The sound is wrong for starters, just listen to some you tube videos,....that thing screams!.. it should shake your fillings loose. It should lump like crazy at idle. Next....it should be doing around 170mph. At willow springs!.. geez. My street legal 69 camaro was capable of 110 mph. From a standing stop in 1/4 mile!
And lastly the handling!...what did you guys do???....you know the trans am camaro had slicks right??
I swear my street legal 69 handled better with bias ply 60s on it...
Please fix this car..please.... it was the soul reason I bought the whole package....the only reason...was for this car!!
Cmon guys get it right, please fix it!... I watched Mark Donahue run this car. I saw what it's capable of.

PC or console? Last time I drove it on XBONE, it was fine.
PS4 . Before the patch it handled better... but they still have not got the sound right or the speed... 140mph at road America??... should be 160, Mabey 170 even

PS4 . Before the patch it handled better... but they still have not got the sound right or the speed... 140mph at road America??... should be 160, Mabey 170 even
Ah, okay. I run with HUD off, but that AI Camaro, caught me in the Mustang, down the front straight at Algarve. It got the nose out in front before turn 1, but seems like the Mustang has better aero and brakes as I was able to fight and get back out in front(this was in qualifying mind you). Still seems pretty fast.

Ah, okay. I run with HUD off, but that AI Camaro, caught me in the Mustang, down the front straight at Algarve. It got the nose out in front before turn 1, but seems like the Mustang has better aero and brakes as I was able to fight and get back out in front(this was in qualifying mind you). Still seems pretty fast.
The 69 camaro, trans am... isn't even the same class. You must have been racing the new camaro.

the new 3.0 patch I thought would be adressing the short comings of the 69 camaro. You guys made it slower!.
The sound is wrong for starters, just listen to some you tube videos,....that thing screams!.. it should shake your fillings loose. It should lump like crazy at idle. Next....it should be doing around 170mph. At willow springs!.. geez. My street legal 69 camaro was capable of 110 mph. From a standing stop in 1/4 mile!
And lastly the handling!...what did you guys do???....you know the trans am camaro had slicks right??
I swear my street legal 69 handled better with bias ply 60s on it...
Please fix this car..please.... it was the soul reason I bought the whole package....the only reason...was for this car!!
Cmon guys get it right, please fix it!... I watched Mark Donahue run this car. I saw what it's capable of.
When producing any sim it's got to be in the rule book that it's much harder to drive than in real life ;)

Trans Ams, pre-72 used treaded racing tyres. They were in the early stages of racing tyre development and didn't offer much grip at all.

When producing any sim it's got to be in the rule book that it's much harder to drive than in real life ;)
I think it's because the 69 camaro could mop the floor with all of its European competitors. So they hobbled it.
They never got the sound or the speed right, so may as well put some old street bias ply tires on it as well.
I'm disappointed. $40 spent on the one car I was excited about. They bragged about getting the game as real as possible. The transam camaro isn't even close. I know for a fact. I've watched Mark Donahue race that car. I owned a 69 camaro.

Trans Ams, pre-72 used treaded racing tyres. They were in the early stages of racing tyre development and didn't offer much grip at all.
I saw them race at Edmonton speedway. They were no treads, I was in the pits. Nowhere were there any treaded tires.

I saw them race at Edmonton speedway. They were no treads

Not until 1973 they didn't.

1969-trans-am-series-vintage-camaros.jpg

Back