SE2 old restrictions

  • Thread starter Thread starter joydivision
  • 9 comments
  • 803 views
Messages
2
Seems like the masses finally got what they were entitled to... Yesterday after having some free time to play GT5 and do the SE2 that i heard so much about i notice there are no restrictions, as if srf and youtube videos showing what to do and to mimic were not enough.
Could any fellow gt5 purist be kind enough to give me the past restrictions for the SE2? Thanks in advance.
I like nice and balanced challenges that require more than a couple of minutes of attention span.

Some random thoughts about the "somewhat easy now SE":
Remember the movie "Idiocracy"? We have already entered that stage. At least we will be having Mr. Camacho for president!

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of J.K. Rowling(sic). Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
 
Last edited:
Its all here bro: http://granturismohelp.com/
 
Omg, why did PD change the restriction thing?
It was pretty cool to finally have some competition, fine tune minor things to just get those extra split seconds.

I got the first 2 seasonal events races with restriction, for the 3rd events I just grabbed some car from the garage, and even lapped some opponents! Dissapointing :(

If they wanna make things easyier.. give us a break on the Vettel X1 special events... those are almost impossible to gold with a normal ds3!
 
That was a big letdown. Apart from the Focus challenge I was able to gold all the others after fine tuning and realy putting some effort into the races. Today I reraced one of the Tsukuba races (the 10 lap one) with soft racing slicks. Laped almost the whole field with average times of 55 secs a lap. Honestly thats a joke.

And I dont get those who say: "use a less tuned car for the challenge". How am I to know what tuning level I am supposed to use with no restrictions with a new event, to get a challenge from it? What tires, what type of motor tuning, what weight were the events created for?
 
^ Thats why you look at the typical opponents. If they are running stock-like power you do the same and don't touch the weight, tires, drivetrain or suspension the first time you try it.
 
^ Thats why you look at the typical opponents. If they are running stock-like power you do the same and don't touch the weight, tires, drivetrain or suspension the first time you try it.

They're still unbalanced though, I mean I got silver in the TT challenge with a fresh from the dealer TT with the Evora 33 seconds ahead of me or something.. I'm not THAT slow of a driver, they obviously are intending for me to tune the TT.

I think they just need to provide a car like the special events, use the AMG challenges as a benchmark for difficulty, I find them to be just spot on. Bronze, any Joe or Clyde with 2 hands can get. Silver, most drivers should be able to do after a few tries and gold attainable but everyone will still have to dig deep to get it.

There would be no more "the game is now ruined" comments and no more oil changes that cause our car to no longer be eligible to compete.
 
Please don't start another *Bitching about removal of restrictions thread* there is already Two. One here and another in the main board. Do it there lol.
 
"I think they just need to provide a car like the special events, use the AMG challenges as a benchmark for difficulty, I find them to be just spot on. Bronze, any Joe or Clyde with 2 hands can get. Silver, most drivers should be able to do after a few tries and gold attainable but everyone will still have to dig deep to get it."

Good shout mate, I found that using a DS3 those AMG challenges gave me the sort of challenge I want from the game. Not too easy and not too hard. 👍
 
They're still unbalanced though, I mean I got silver in the TT challenge with a fresh from the dealer TT with the Evora 33 seconds ahead of me or something.. I'm not THAT slow of a driver, they obviously are intending for me to tune the TT.

I think they just need to provide a car like the special events, use the AMG challenges as a benchmark for difficulty, I find them to be just spot on. Bronze, any Joe or Clyde with 2 hands can get. Silver, most drivers should be able to do after a few tries and gold attainable but everyone will still have to dig deep to get it.

There would be no more "the game is now ruined" comments and no more oil changes that cause our car to no longer be eligible to compete.

Yes, I agree it would cool if the car was supplied. However, part of the draw is the fact that you have to buy the cars first. Adds to my collection and I can personalize them. Maybe if you won the car afterwards too I would like your system.

Also, I had the same experience in the TT challenge but that is enjoyable to me. I tried my best to beat him stock and couldnt so then I tried to beat him with as little mods as possible, first just tires then tires and suspension before I could catch him. That makes it interesting to me.
 
Back