Seamless music streaming while racing

Isn't there a way to listen to music (without snapping) while you race?

I used to love doing this in FM4 and believe me, I got THE wildest collection of tunes you could race to, and I can't do that in FM5. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Agreed, while I don't usually have music on while I am racing, I do like to have a little music playing while I use the games photomode or occasionally the livery editor, while snap doesn't impact modes like this too much it would still be nice to have the option of hiding the snapped app, which would allow to us hear the audio of the snapped app but also give us full screen for the current game or app we are using.

While you're here Demetrius, can you tell me if I can rip cd's to my X1 like I used to on my PS3?

ta :)
Unfortunately you can't do this on the XB1, which is a shame as this was one of my favourite features of the 360 and even the original Xbox, you are however able to use your laptop or PC as a media server through DNLA support and stream your music to your XB1.

The closest option to ripping cd's to your HDD though is to just Put your media on a usb and use the media player on the XB1 to play it, the method may be different but the end result is the same, still a shame though.

The closest option to ripping cd's to your HDD though is to just Put your media on a usb and use the media player on the XB1 to play it, the method may be different but the end result is the same, still a shame though
So just put my music on usb stick and pop it in the port? the media player will pop up when I insert it?

You will get a notification that the media player is ready to use once you put the usb into the port and you will be asked to hold the xbox button on your controller to open it or say ''xbox launch media player'' if you have kinect (although you can do the later at any point). the media player will show you a list of connected devices from which you can select your usb. I suggest pinning the media player to your pins if its something you will use on a regular basis to make it more accessible rather than searching through your apps when you want to use it.

The media player feature was not available when I first bought my XB1 and only became available some time last year so you may have to download it initially but you will be prompted to do so when you plug the usb in. Once downloaded you will then be given the notification that the media player is ready to be used.

It's nice to be able to play your media off a USB stick, but crying shame you can't play background music while playing games in full screen.

It baffles me to no end why they would omit really good features present in the previous gen console.

Much like what T10 does every time they release a new FM game!

Back