Season Pass

• Thread starter RogsR34UK
  • 21 comments
England
Near Oxford, UK
RogsR35UK
RogsR34UK
I am new to the PS4 (bought the White PS4 with Driveclub) so still finding my way around (not the most user friendly console in my opinion).

I purchased the Season Pass and get the option to Continue Shopping with some message about needing to download. After some searching (online and on the PS4) I can find no mention of how o download the content. Do I actually need to download something or does the game recognize the fact I now have the Season Pass?

Just to confuse I am actually using RogsR35UK for the PS4 as I used that account for Minecraft on the PS3 so am using it as my main account on the PS4. I have not gone PS Plus yet. Plenty of Friend Slots on that account anyway.

No content has been released yet that the season pass buys. So there's nothing related to download yet.

Also, in case you didn't know, the PS4 allows 2000 friends.

driveclub1111111111.jpg

...After some searching (online and on the PS4) I can find no mention of how o download the content. Do I actually need to download something or does the game recognize the fact I now have the Season Pass?
On the screen you mention, there should be info to the left, with the buttons for 'continue shopping?' etc and to the right, the product you have bought. Between the two, almost linking them you'll see a little square with an inverted triangle (pointing downwards) and a broken line pointing up from that. That's where you need to click to complete the download.

You can always access purchases through your 'library' (main PSN store, bottom of the left menu.)

I checked the Library and there is no sign of the Season Pass. The Store does indicate that I have purchased it though.

I am wondering if it was the same as the GT6 (?) item that when purchased did not involve a download but was in game.

I checked the Library and there is no sign of the Season Pass. The Store does indicate that I have purchased it though.

I am wondering if it was the same as the GT6 (?) item that when purchased did not involve a download but was in game.

The season pass is like a unlock key. You won't get to see this anywhere. It's not like a DLC that you can see or manage. It just get's downloaded and tells the server your account is OK to use the content.

If the store shows that you've bought it, then that's all there is to it. You have it. Once DLC get's released, you automatically own it.
Furthermore, there's a feature on your PS4 settings that if checked, will automatically download the DLC for you as soon as they are available.

I'm debating myself whether or not to purchase this season pass. I never bothered with this things before though.
The tracks are going to be free for everyone anyway. And as for the cars, I'll only buy the packs that include cars I like.
The only thing is..the events. There's no point having all these new cars and tracks if there isn't any new events that features these two new elements.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm going to get just the cars and tour packs that appeal to me (which will probably be all of the latter.) I'm not bothered about all cars though, and liveries aren't really my thing.

I suppose though it'll be down to how expensive those tour packs turn out to be, especially as there is one every month.

Spot on about the season pass being an unlock key - the content though @RogsR34UK isn't there yet. The location for them though is, and that is what you have unlocked, the relevant content will load to that location when ready.

For £20 I bought straight away, got everything for £55 so just like any other game but with regular updates and add ons.

I too bit the season pass worm early . It will keep my PS4 from seizing up before Project Cars lands. I don't mind paying for the extra cars for the next 8 months. Free tracks is the right way for Evolution to support the game (obviously buying the 16k upgrade to the ZX81 server will help too).

I am hopeful the game will be much better once we can create challenges for our friends and clubs/friends clubs and all leaderboards are working properly. The driving although very arcadey is still fun and quite engaging due to the consistency of the handling.

Last edited:
As the game was included with the White console for free, I figured the Season Pass was a reasonable amount to spend on the game so that I get extra stuff to play with.

I started a Club via another forum which is currently at Level 11. I have mostly been doing Time Trials to "level up" cars on a couple of accounts to achieve the majority of that. I did unlock the next lot of Events. A third member has also done a bit of racing to help further.

New cars from the Season Pass for (I presume) other manufacturers will provide further cars to "level up" to help the Club.

Just play the SP and do true challenges and get as many stars as possible, my club is at lvl26 and 3 of the 6 members above 200 stars ( 2 on 225) and the other 3 above 100. Everything you do goes towards the club.

...I purchased the Season Pass and get the option to Continue Shopping with some message about needing to download. After some searching (online and on the PS4) I can find no mention of how o download the content. Do I actually need to download something or does the game recognize the fact I now have the Season Pass?...
I see what you mean now. I bought the season pass today and there was none of the usual download arrow, but the store said that I had purchased it.

I shouldn't worry too much about it though, the first paid DLC should be appearing during the next two weeks.

RIGHT! I've been absent from the forums, but not so much from the game.
I wish to purchase the season pass, but first I need to know if it's possible to share it between accounts on the same PS4.

If I buy it, will any account on the same PS4 be able to access it?
My theory is, the account that purchased it will get the DLC downloaded, and once the DLC is downloaded, any local account can access it. Am I right?

RIGHT! I've been absent from the forums, but not so much from the game.
I wish to purchase the season pass, but first I need to know if it's possible to share it between accounts on the same PS4.

If I buy it, will any account on the same PS4 be able to access it?
My theory is, the account that purchased it will get the DLC downloaded, and once the DLC is downloaded, any local account can access it. Am I right?
Quite simply, yes.

Quite simply, yes.

Well will you look at that, I had the answer staring me in the face the entire time. Thanks friend! :cheers:

I know I said before I wasn't too interested in the season pass. But after adding up the cost of the car packs and tours, 20 quid doesn't sound that bad really. It's money I wold end up spending anyway.:lol:

Well will you look at that, I had the answer staring me in the face the entire time. Thanks friend! :cheers:

I know I said before I wasn't too interested in the season pass. But after adding up the cost of the car packs and tours, 20 quid doesn't sound that bad really. It's money I wold end up spending anyway.:lol:
No worries - it really is quite cheap considering what we get plus the saving made.

Yes, it works!

Edit: to late... ;)

Your response is still very much appreciated though. 👍

No worries - it really is quite cheap considering what we get plus the saving made.

Like I said before, what's the point of having the cars and tracks, if there's no offline events that take advantage of such? I would end up having the cars collecting dust, and would never see enough of the tracks because of the lack of events.

...Like I said before, what's the point of having the cars and tracks, if there's no offline events that take advantage of such? I would end up having the cars collecting dust, and would never see enough of the tracks because of the lack of events.
Plenty of new events for these babies - 44 of them with the new packs - I'm also fairly sure they work offline too.

Simple explanation

Buy Season Pass = All DLC in the future will be "Free" once you find them in the PS Store
Don't Buy Season Pass = All DLC will have a price tag when you visit the page and you will have to pay for every DLC you download.

Season Pass does not appear in the "Add-ons" section because it's not an add-on, Season Passes allow you to have all the future DLC for free, however, you will not find it in the download list or library because it's not something you download.

I have bought the season pass (first time for me in any game) however when I go to the store the redline and elements livery packs still show up as $0.99, shouldn't they be included in the season pass? I was able to d/l the redline/elements tours no problem and the new cars too, but the livery packs (both from the game or from the psn store) still don't show up as free (?)

(edit) duh, should've thought of checking twitter before posting, as per Rushy it will be fixed in the new year https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/549225695181045760

I have bought the season pass (first time for me in any game) however when I go to the store the redline and elements livery packs still show up as $0.99, shouldn't they be included in the season pass? I was able to d/l the redline/elements tours no problem and the new cars too, but the livery packs (both from the game or from the psn store) still don't show up as free (?)

(edit) duh, should've thought of checking twitter before posting, as per Rushy it will be fixed in the new year https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/549225695181045760
I was going to ask the same thing, just got the season pass.

Back