seasonal events - do you want them in GT6?

  • Thread starter Thread starter colj00
  • 24 comments
  • 1,556 views

reduce payout of seasonals?


  • Total voters
    76
Messages
400
Australia
trial mountain
Messages
solidsnakehm3
i really liked the idea of online events in GT5, but one thing that bugged me, a lot, was how much money you get just for a podium finish... it was kind of ridiculous that after about 5 races (45 minutes) you would have nearly 2,000,000...

i started a new game soon after seasonal events had started, i went to the UCD, bought a honda beat and raced in the K-car seasonal event, after 1 race i had enough to fully tune the beat and after another few, i had something like 500,000 cr.

its unbalanced, i love the concept but the payouts have to be changed

the amount of money given in seasonal events is TOO DAMN HIGH
 
Most likely the reward is lowered because PD decided to put micro-transactions in the game.
 
yeah deffinatly there a great challenge I enjoy doing them I say bring in more seasonal events than GT5
 
I think PD will not have any for a couple of months, otherwise the payouts make the start to easy.
 
Uhh... nope. Even though I thought of the Seasonal Events as an extended career mode, the payout for each race was ridiculously high. I could race at the 650PP Nürburgring and get 1,000,000 cr. in less than 8 minutes.
the amount of money given in seasonal events is TOO DAMN HIGH
Make a meme! Make a meme! :D
 
I'd say to keep the high payouts of Seasonal Events, but spice them up with more challenging conditions and a variety of car restrictions, like go-karts or something unique of the sort.
 
I would like the seasonal events in the same level of AMG's Nurb events in GT5.

I only raced seasonal events in GT5 1 or 2 times... 1 was the Nurb / Corvette C7 time trial, the other was the SLS in TGTT. All the other events were booring and too easy.

PS: for the poll: "No. Increase the level of difficulty."
 
Not as they are now. I like the variation but it was always "chase the rabbit"... Every one exactly the same.

But the concept of seasonal events and rankings with awards is cool.

I think pd included them to compensate for a short offline exp and to keep the game "fresh" and updated... It just fell short of expectation.
 
The current approach to seasonal events has become stale, all the races seem anymore to be the same, pass 10 drones in the first lap or two, spend the remaining three laps chasing down the rabbit with a huge lead. Hopefully GT6 will have improved AI, tighter races and break away from this old formula.
 
Forget 2million in 45 min. If you know what your doing and get the right car with the right tune, you can get that in 1 race.
I wish there would be more of a reward for the bigger A-Spec races. Personally. I think you should get max Cr. for any endurance race.
For seasonals, yes I want them to stay, and keep the same amount of money you get for winning. But I would like some variety in them such as different race lengths. I know some people like the collecting aspect of GT and things like that, but for me GT is about close clean online racing were I don't have to grind for a week just to get 1 car I want.
Edit: Also, for TT's, I think you should get a big bonus for placing higher up on the charts(assuming nobody used hacked cars in them)
 
Car prices are still really high. You can now pay real money to get more credits in the game.



Why would you want the seasonal payout lowered with both of those things being true? The only issue is that PD only rarely put much effort into them as they continued, meaning you see the 400/500/650 run way too often.

its unbalanced, i love the concept but the payouts have to be changed

The high payouts were put there because (for whatever reason) PD didn't want to restore the ability to rewin prize cars from previous games, didn't want to adjust the amount given out for regular A-Spec races, didn't want to adjust the car prices back to their GT4 levels or remove the upper limit for selling used cars for credits.

It's unbalanced because GT5's entire game economy was unbalanced and they were made in response to that.
 
i liked the rankings, prizes ... but the goals are pretty much the same
 
If the Seasonal races do not include Qualifying, legit AI and a full field of competitive cars, don't even bother.

Time Trials were great. The other stuff got boring really quickly.
 
Car prices are still really high. You can now pay real money to get more credits in the game.



Why would you want the seasonal payout lowered with both of those things being true?

It's possible that the offline career mode could be designed to adapt to these higher car prices in the first place (unlike the career mode in GT5), thus eliminating the need for seasonals to pay so much. This is especially important so that people who cannot connect to the Internet aren't forced to grind forever. We'll just have to wait and see how things work once the game comes out.
 
It would certainly (at least partially) alleviate the problem, for sure. But I didn't see any assumptions of that to be fixed in GT6 in any of the posts here so much as just stating that the payouts in GT5 were too high even with the problems with it's career mode evident.
 
Kaz Seasonals.jpg
 
I don't like Seasonals. I would prefer a better single story experience.
 
I don't remember them having seasonals in GT5 until weeks (months?) after launch. By that time money didn't mean anything to me anymore.
 
I don't love them, but I'm not against them. As long as they don't replace the whole career mode, it's fine. And also, no more "chasing the rabbit" logic.
 
I don't like seasonals. The only one or two that I liked were the ones that introduced new cars/track (C7,Spa), this way I got to try the car/track. I also liked the ones that celebrated something, like someone IRL winning a championship, this way you could kinda re-create it (would be cooler if they completely re-created it!).

Other than that, it's just compensating for lack of career mode.

Edit, I liked the holiday seasonals too.
 
I liked them fine an hope they return, I especially like the incentive they added to use a weaker car earning more credits though perhaps the total credits payout was a bit high, there is plenty to spend those credits on
 
I'd welcome them if this game has a nother tiny career mode...
 
I would like them in addition to a fully fledged career mode, not instead of.
 
I would like them, but I do not like how they are the only implementation of online leaderboards. I especially do not like how the leaderboard aspect usually allows for a range of cars to be used.

Give me and everyone else the exact same car and I will drive it for days. I have no interest in fiddling with the car trying to tune it.

So yes, I would love for them to make a return exactly as they are, as long as I can get competetive leaderboards that do not require a tuning setup. Pick up and play and be on equal footing please :D
 
Back