Seasonal events - FIAT 500 race :(

• Thread starter Lusitano
  • 20 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm getting some kind of upset with the seasonal events.
I explain, In seasonal events, the first race, we must use a FIAT 500, that's Ok, no problem here, except if we have already a FIAT 500, so...

I bought some time ago a FIAT 500, and modified to the maximum that I can, just for fun, I spend alot of money in this FIAT. Max power, less weight possible.

Then, the race rules tell me that I must have a FIAT 500 with not less than 1000 kg and 66cv maximum. Ok let me reduce this thing to the normal stage, but wait..., this is not possible! Why, because I can recuce the power, but can't reduce the weight! damn!! Because the weight redution after applied can't return to normal weight.

Let me see, I must bought another FIAT 500 to race!? Yes!!:ouch:
I bought another FIAT 500 just to race this event! more or less 23.000cr, after the race I sell the car for a little more than 6.000. Not a big deal.

Let's see, if I want run another event and if I have the car in my garage, that exceds the race specs. I must buy another one!? If I can't reduce the weight and power to the race specs? Boring... Frustrating at least.

If this keep going in this way, I'm out of seasonal events :indiff:

So... have a modified FIAT and an unmodified FIAT. You're really only out 23k... no?

Not like you can do drop and add 100kgs at will in a car.

You win enough cash that you'll easily get the money back with extra profit.

This. You'll earn so much it doesn't matter, even if you only place 7th or something it should pay you back what you spend.

I just got an oil change when I fist bought the 500, and now I can't enter! it has 1bhp too much :( I guess the only thing I can do is drive it A LOT because if I just drive it a bit I'm pretty sure the engine will "break in". \but anyways just a heads up do not get an oil change!

Not big problem with FIAT 500 price, but this is a exception. FIAT 500 is cheap, but other cars coming in future events that are not soooooooooo cheap to buy or tune.

The FIAT 500, RX7 and CR-Z are about 23-24k each. And each event nets you 200-300k. You can do all three with bone stock cars so spending 70k on cars and getting back 750k in prize money is a pretty good deal to me. And even if you can't get first, you still get a big chunk of that with 2nd or 3rd in each event.

Not to mention the high exp...

Edit: And even the last two events are not expensive. Challenger is 75k + 20k for Racing Transmission, 750k back in your pocket. Net gain of 650k. And you get a whole million for the last one (any GTR isn't very expensive for a supercar either).

anoying thing happened to me

i bought a fiat 500 did it up to spec

raced a bit in the chalenge thing, kept getting 2nd

so i exited it and forgot about the hp restriction and did a oil change

so im over by 2-3 hp
even more annoying is i spent
20,000 on gearbox
15,000 on fly wheel prop shaft
24,000 on car
5,000 in gt auto
5,000 on carbon hood
20,000 on suspension

and i had to spend all that money again

but i completed the chalenge now
using max front spring height and min rear spring height

Not big problem with FIAT 500 price, but this is a exception. FIAT 500 is cheap, but other cars coming in future events that are not soooooooooo cheap to buy or tune.

Every single event (so far) will get you the money back if you place around 6th, 7th. I'm guessing this is intentional and they'll keep this strategy.

They really should have an option to load your car's trunk with bricks so you can get the weight correct for events like this. lol

So... have a modified FIAT and an unmodified FIAT. You're really only out 23k... no?

Maybe if you could feed B-spec Bob a lot of junkfood and let him drive it :dopey:

But anyway, weight addition is something that often occurs in racing, in some series the best cars get added weight to make sure the competition is closer..

I mean it shouldn't have been that hard to implement a 'ballast' option to add more weight to a car to conform to regulations

They really should have an option to load your car's trunk with bricks so you can get the weight correct for events like this. lol

haha I like this one:)
I was more than happy to finish only second, with all the money I get, even if I tuned my 500 for nothing (didn't read the small writings about max HP:!)

Are you kidding? It's extremely easy once you have paid for weight reduction. Sandbags are not much $$$ and giant rocks are free if you are careful about where you take them from...

Of all the things to undo, adding weight back to your car should absolutely be doable.

I explain, In seasonal events, the first race, we must use a FIAT 500, that's Ok, no problem here, except if we have already a FIAT 500, so...

I bought some time ago a FIAT 500, and modified to the maximum that I can, just for fun, I spend alot of money in this FIAT. Max power, less weight possible.

Then, the race rules tell me that I must have a FIAT 500 with not less than 1000 kg and 66cv maximum. Ok let me reduce this thing to the normal stage, but wait..., this is not possible! Why, because I can recuce the power, but can't reduce the weight! damn!! Because the weight redution after applied can't return to normal weight.

I bought another FIAT 500 just to race this event! more or less 23.000cr, after the race I sell the car for a little more than 6.000. Not a big deal.

Let's see, if I want run another event and if I have the car in my garage, that exceds the race specs. I must buy another one!? If I can't reduce the weight and power to the race specs? Boring... Frustrating at least.

This is a problem I have in general with the game. On one hand I realize it's not realistic to tune and detune your car (for free) all the time but it IS a game and I really wish we could swap out upgrades freely... I CAN get multiple of the same car at diffeent levels so it's not like the ability to swap out parts makes it possible to do something I coudln't normally do, it just removes the grind factor from doing so.

As it is I always upgrade the car I am using only just as much a is necessary to win the event I am going into (which is often far below the max the restrcitions allow) just because I don't want to run into the need for the same car later and I can't detune it far enough to use again.

I wish for user friendliness along with multiple saved tuning setups we would get the ability to buy and install items from the tuning screen and swap out any parts at any time even if it's not necessarily realistic or feasible to do so... it's a game after all and it's not really reaslitic or feasible that a real perosn would buy a whole new car very often to enter into a race when he has the car already but it's slightly too powerful.

I hear what everyone is saying that the races pay you back enough to make it worthwhile to do so, but in general the principle seems reasonable to me as far as making it an enjoyable game goes and one benefit would be that when you go online you wouldn't have to favorite 2 or 3 of the same model car just to have one that fits different racing restrictions...

That way when you go into a lobby and want to race a car you like, if everyone else wants to race stock, you can do so, if they want to race mod with a limit, you can do so, if they want to race no restrictions... yup... you can do so easily.

You get way more than than the car costs in rewards from the event.

I don't understand your issue. DO you want every event to allow every car in the game? Would be pretty boring racing my zonda every race.

I don't understand your issue. DO you want every event to allow every car in the game? Would be pretty boring racing my zonda every race.

This.

Sure, if you don't like something, you don't like it. But complaining about having to buy specific cars for these events is just a bit over the edge for me.

So, you have to buy a car to race with, thats a controversial design choice. Maybe they should just allow you to select a race and instantly be awarded the credits and xp.

anoying thing happened to me

i bought a fiat 500 did it up to spec

raced a bit in the chalenge thing, kept getting 2nd

so i exited it and forgot about the hp restriction and did a oil change

so im over by 2-3 hp
even more annoying is i spent
20,000 on gearbox
15,000 on fly wheel prop shaft
24,000 on car
5,000 in gt auto
5,000 on carbon hood
20,000 on suspension

and i had to spend all that money again

but i completed the chalenge now
using max front spring height and min rear spring height

Wow, not a single capital letter in sight! Outstanding!

As for your problem, that was your fault, 63 or 65 bhp isnt a lot. Correct racing lines and use of braking points will outweigh 2 bhp.

Last edited:

If you actually read his pot instead of just looking to jump on him for being foollish, he clearly stated what he wants and it's nowhere near allowing every car in every event.

haha first it was people saying theres not enough A spec events and that it was all too easy to win them all, finally a new challenge and people are still finding fault with it lol. I'm stuck on silver about 1 second behind gold gonna try again later. Already cracked the top 1000 in Tsukuba drifting :)

We already have a thread for the new Seasonal Events here, so I don't see the point in another thread about just the first of the Bonus Races.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back