Seasonal events - how often are they released?

• Thread starter Jakk
  • 17 comments
Jakk-NS94
The first group of SE's were released on the 20th of December, the second lot on the 24th. Hopefully this means they'll be released every 4 days, although if it is every 4 days, there should be another one now...

Anyone know anything about this?

The first group of SE's were released on the 20th of December, the second lot on the 24th. Hopefully this means they'll be released every 4 days, although if it is every 4 days, there should be another one now...

Anyone know anything about this?

Maybe one to celebrate new year?

My guess would be 1 week apart just by looking at the expiration dates. I think the first one came out on a random day and the rest are going to start once a week on whatever day the 2nd one started.

I hope its proper races, not the crap they released. Im not a fan of those lap overtaking races.

Really it seems like they could do whatever they want why did we get 10 of the same.

Or why not just let us create our own races in aspec that give more xp/credits depending on length/difficulty.

gotta agree here, overtaking challenges get old... but i do love them adding events, and the XP/Credit reward is awesome.

Im honestly tired of them giving us what they think we want for events. They made those events to make us buy cars like the hybrid Honda etc. Its advertising exposure. And Its annoying because they better not make GT into a virtual car brosure. (like Forza+Audi)

Some real races would be awesome. If they need it all super restrictive and all that, they should make one-make normal races, rather than the overtaking challenges.

Also hope they keep adding stuff regularly and don't lose interest!

What would be really awesome is a Little Big Planet style sharing system, where you can configure your own events and people can browse/download them. They obviously have some fairly robust and flexible rule configuration options.

But I guess that's a wishlist item for GT6 :P

I really like the seasonal events. Even the ones where you are racing a small car are fairly competitive, I have gotten a few golds, but I am struggling with a silver on Tsukuba (such as fast Skyline!) and today I got silver on the FIAT 500 race using a bone stock car, coming two seconds behind the lead. Tomorrow I'll gold the FIAT race.

I want more seasonal races!

hope for the best, expect the worst. They probably won't do many more bonus races. I give it 2 or 3 months, tops.

Really it seems like they could do whatever they want why did we get 10 of the same.

Or why not just let us create our own races in aspec that give more xp/credits depending on length/difficulty.

Im sure they did it because the code would be interchangeable and could pump out the events quickly. They have the restrictions set in place already, just changing the values and subtleties a bit to adjust difficulties and give them a unique challenge on their own. These races are cookie cutter if you all haven't noticed... Its just code, overtaking is a game type of its own. But they dont seem lazy, so I expect actual races soon enough.

i reckon they have give us the first lot for free as a xmas gift and a "taster" for whats to come in 2011, but unfortunately I reckon it will be DLC which we will have to pay for.

Cant see them doing these for free when they can make a few quid (dollars) easily

be cool if you could get some credits in Time Trials and Drift Trials but i dont know how they would do that

My guess would be 1 week apart just by looking at the expiration dates. I think the first one came out on a random day and the rest are going to start once a week on whatever day the 2nd one started.

I agree, I expect them to be released every Friday.

The first ones were delayed for the 1.05 patch, and 2nd ones were on a Friday.

And those people complaining about the races, you don't have to do them. Just think of them as Dealership races.

Back