Seasonal Events in GT6?

• Thread starter Afrodeezy
  • 7 comments

Would you like to see seasonals back in GT6?

• Yes, exactly as they are now

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • No, I don't want seasonals back

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Yes, but with a smaller reward

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
United States
California
Afrodeezy7
How do you guys feel about seasonals? Do you want to see them back in GT6? I really like some of them, while others provide a nice challenge (especially after PD introduced the performance difference adjustment). The only negative is that they kind of ruined the money aspect of the game for me.

I can race a Ferrari F1 car at Indy Road Course for 10 minutes, and get 3,000,000cr With a detuned car. I can race a 650pp car at the Nurburgring for 6 minutes or less and get 1,000,000cr. This has made it super easy to become "rich" in GT5. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually kind of miss having to work for large amounts of credits in game.

However, I like the dynamic seasonals add, as they sometimes breathe life into the game for me. I like seasonals, I just don't think they should pay so much.

What do you guys think? Are seasonals a good thing? Or bad?

Seasonals were put in because there wasn't enough A-Spec racing. I think PD should just make a much longer A-Spec, then there would be no need for seasonals

Seasonals were put in because there wasn't enough A-Spec racing. I think PD should just make a much longer A-Spec, then there would be no need for seasonals

Correct

With more, better, longer A-Spec events as well as an event creator I dont see a need for time trials I mean seasonals.

Besides I think my idea for a "veteran mode" is better

Veteran Mode. After spending 1,000 "days" in GT Life Veteran Mode is unlocked. This mode randomly generates 10 racing events every 50 "days". The events range from 5 lap sprints to 4 hour endurance races. Rules, tracks, and cars used/allowed are completely random. This mode is designed to replace "seasonals" and to provide an endless variety of races.

I want a single player career mode, but it needs to be very different from what was in GT5. For starters, the single player career needs to be much bigger; with 1000+ cars in GT5, there were not enough events that took advantage of any 1/10 of them. There should be events that cover everything, which means a very comprehensive and huge single player mode that will take many weeks to fully complete.

GT5's biggest issue was that you ended up doing certain races within events, over and over again, not good! Another way to prevent this from happening is to do away with the level restrictions on events. If you have the proper car, you should be able to do the race.

The a-spec leveling up should instead give you rewards in the form of cars and credits. Leveling up in GT5 was just to unlock content that shouldn't have been locked to begin with.

Rally, real world races, and go-kart racing were poorly realized and implemented. GT5's attempts at recreating NASCAR, WRC, and SuperGT were just plain bad. If these things are going to make a return, they need to be much larger with a lot more effort and attention given to them. Full seasons, with their rules, and tracks/stages would be great.

Earth
Correct

With more, better, longer A-Spec events as well as an event creator I dont see a need for time trials I mean seasonals.

Besides I think my idea for a "veteran mode" is better

I really like your veteran mode idea, that would be an ideal replacement for seasonals 👍

It would be nice if they turned the seasonals into online races, much like the races in Prologue. Give us matchmaking with restrictions including makes,model, drivetrain, country, performance etc.

They can also continue giving us seasonals as is, nothing wrong with more events.

Voted for 'I don't care either way'.

Im not a big fan of the seasonal events, but I don't mind them either.

I like em' they keep things interesting. I like the way they mix them up. IMO its fun and an easy way to build up wealth within the game, so yes!

Back