Seasonal Events make it too easy to start the game.

  • Thread starter Thread starter williamsfw14
  • 51 comments
  • 3,750 views
For me the joy in the game is the driving and racing other people, the experience leveling stuff is just an impediment. It does not signify skill and I attribute no more kudos or respect to someone who is level 40 than to someone who is level zero. It is only your skill on the track that matters. Personally the more people who have unlocked the content and have enough money to buy any car they want means more people to compete against.
 
and one more thing, if you are starting a new account to go for the GTP registry for instance you quickly appreciate the ability to gain a decent level within an hour or two.
 
Not really, it just speeds up the process of levelling up. At the end of the day you still have to complete the same races with roughly the same cars in A-Spec and B-Spec
 
Yeah ok, I see what you mean about GT2 having an expectation because of GT's success. But most of the time PD seem to be on the money with the changes they make to this game. These seasonal events seem like something they have decided to add on because they realised their levelling system was flawed and it was taking people to long to reach the later levels. To me it seems like they did this without thinking about how it would impact the earlier levels and the beginning of the game.

I dont think the seasonal events were just thought up to fix a leveling problem. That space under the Online Lobby was there for a reason. They always planned for them. The delay was either cause they werent network ready, or they wanted to wait till a majority of people were up to or past the 20-25 levels. Then they release the seasonal events to help further your progress.

A-spec gets you to 0-25.
Seasonal Events will get you from 25-40
 
Yeah you're right, I clearly have no life and I spend every minute getting annoyed with other people when they get the same stuff as me.
Sorry to bust on you , but your comment " But it's my mate and I want him to have to suffer and grind through the levels like he should have to, not skip them and catch me up " catches attention. . Actually my comment wasn't totally directed toward you . I understand what you are saying about the quick leveling up but your friend can only catch up to you if he runs all the races you have. :)
 
While I agree that everone should just play it how they like, the main problem for me is that you don't really know what you are doing to the game until you have done the seasonal events and now pretty much made all of Aspec a joke to complete... which is fine if you don't mind that, but if you didn't know what you were doing, you may find you just unintentionally ruined a large chunk of GT5 (the career mode).

There is usually an expectation that a game is built to guide and limit you through a growth and progression of steady but increasing difficulty... seasonal events break that expectation in pretty much the exact opposite way that grinding does.
 
Mind your own business. Why do you care if it "ruins" the game for someone else? What difference does it make if they blast through faster than you did? Cry babies.
 
WOW seriously guys....? PD did such a great job giving all players to freedom to do whatever they like. You can choose to grind, or just get fast level up in seasonal events, you can use stock cars or add hp to make races unfair. It's complete freedom and people are complaining? Screw you guys!
 
WOW seriously guys....? PD did such a great job giving all players to freedom to do whatever they like. You can choose to grind, or just get fast level up in seasonal events, you can use stock cars or add hp to make races unfair. It's complete freedom and people are complaining? Screw you guys!

Are you kidding me? The very essence of XP/Level locking the way it is used in GT5 is the absolute opposite of freedome to do whatever they like and is a huge part of why GT5 doesn't play as well as GT4 and most likely why PD have to jump through hoops like this trying to fix the experience.
 
I think the seasonal events are great, the extra cash and xp help alot at the higher levels. Also i think it's great starting off, makes it easier to start off. it allows a more casual gamer to actually enjoy the game as well as the hardcore guys.
 
The Special Events already made starting the game easier than any other GT.
 
The Special Events already made starting the game easier than any other GT.

In GT3, you only needed to unlock the IA license, buy a Mazda MX5 tune it a bit, and onto the first endurance, with a bit of luck you could get the F1, to rip the other endurances appart. Lots of cash, lots of good cars right from the start :)

Or if you where out of luck, get the 100.000 you got, buy a Type R, tune it to the max, do the Type R meeting in begginer league, win it and sell the prize car for 75.000, rinse and repeat.
 
Last edited:
I think Matti_Dude has some valid points here.

While everyone is free to choose his own way to play the game, I think the logic behind seasonal events is to assist higher level players in avoiding the griding thing.

Like said above PD is trying to compensate for the poor levelling design in A-spec.

Ofcourse you are allowed to do it from level 0, but it makes no sense. It's better to cut your teeth through A-spec at lower levels and postpone seasonals until later where you will need to grind. That's more rewarding too IMHO.
 
No, you will hit the experience "wall" at level 34 no matter what, if you want 40, you will have to grind at one point. the seasonal events are brilliant in terms of the economy they provide to us OCD people who want 1 of every car in the game, the game was unbearable when it came to getting the cash for the cars needed (for those of us who refuse to B-day cheat and dupe) it is now a lot better. I really want a new kind of approach for the seasonal events, how about starting first in an underpowered car and then havin the AI chase you from a set point behind you? (like now but in reverse) would be very fun for us clean drivers atleast.
 
Mind your own business. Why do you care if it "ruins" the game for someone else? What difference does it make if they blast through faster than you did? Cry babies.

I think you're missing the point. I used my friend as an example to show why the system is flawed. I didn't say to scrap the seasonal events completely because they are rubbish, because that's obviously not the case. But it almost makes the A spec seem pointless and that takes away from the whole 'experience' of the GT mode. Tell me i'm crying, I couldn't care less. This thread is opening the discussion about if the seasonal events make it too easy to start the game and I completely agree. It's GT3 all over again, they fixed it for GT4 but now PD ahve gone back to their old ways.
 
But it almost makes the A spec seem pointless and that takes away from the whole 'experience' of the GT mode. .

As defined by you. Maybe someone else doesn't care. The way it's set up now lets those who want that experience have it and those who don't care can skip it.
 
As defined by you. Maybe someone else doesn't care. The way it's set up now lets those who want that experience have it and those who don't care can skip it.

Yeah that's right, it is only my opinion. I'm a little surprised less people agree with me, especially on here. I thought the main reason people liked the old GT games was because of the career mode, and I am struggling to see how these seasonal events make it more fun to start the game. I mean sure, very casual gamers would enjoy it because they get to have the best cars within hours. But it just seems very unrewarding, they're useful to me now because I need as much experience as I can get.
 
I can't speak for everyone else but what draws me to the game is the cars and the races. I don't care about XP and levels or career mode.
 
I was disappointed with the special events because they made the game extremely easy from the get go. In the beginning they were at least a challenge with the restrictions. I remember the feeling of accomplishment when I bought my Enzo; the old grinding way. Now I am glad they did this as I created 15 accounts, and bought many expensive cars for my main save. Each account has 5,000,000+ and LV 24 and made it really easy for me to buy cars without grinding.
 
What about when pd get bored of new seasonals and people start the game from scratch say when it comes out.on platinum? The level system needs to go. Licenses and a spec points were fine from GT 4.
 
Here's another tip to the OP, instead of gifting yourself the required cars, how about doing the other races and earning your levels.

Leveling up wouldn't be that easy if you actually had to do the work and not gifiting yourself cars that are level 15+ when you are only at level 5.

I was disappointed with the special events because they made the game extremely easy from the get go. In the beginning they were at least a challenge with the restrictions. I remember the feeling of accomplishment when I bought my Enzo; the old grinding way. Now I am glad they did this as I created 15 accounts, and bought many expensive cars for my main save. Each account has 5,000,000+ and LV 24 and made it really easy for me to buy cars without grinding.

15 accounts? wtf.
Seriously some people have no life
 
It doesnt make beginners any better. Who cares if they have virtual money and virtual cars. I cant stand these threads.
 
Back