Seasonal Events - Time Trials/Drift Trials - Discussion/Setups/Tips

• Thread starter Dessy182
  • 17 comments
Ireland
Carlow, Ireland
GTP_Dessy
Since the Time and Drift Trials allow players to choose and setup their car as they wish (within the given HP), I thought it would be good if we could discuss setups as there is clearly a big advantage to be gained by having a good setup.

I don't understand much about camber and brake bias etc, I just prefer to have a car equal to everyone else and see how I do - this is not the case here as some people are quite simply faster in a straight line and gaining tenths of seconds.

Last night I was in the top 60 for both time trial events but I'm sure overnight I have dropped well done. How's everyone else doing?

Anyone got a good setup for the KUSABI concept/RX-8 ? Discuss :dopey:

yesterday i was top 5 with the Rx-8 and top 9 with the kusabi.

But i do struggle with the setup a little.

yesterday i was top 5 with the Rx-8 and top 9 with the kusabi.

But i do struggle with the setup a little.

Any chance of sharing your setup? or what you feel were the most important aspects of it.

i would say steering and try to keep the speed up is the most important. More steering.

Also the differential on the Kusabi is very important to find the tenths. and i cant seem to find the right setup for the diff.

Last edited:
Seriously, is no one taking part in these or what? There are hardly any GTP tags in the top times at all

Seriously, is no one taking part in these or what? There are hardly any GTP tags in the top times at all

Well what can you do? I was yesterday 6th on Eiger Norwand drifting, now i'm 72th dam japanese controller nerds
orava.gif

The FF challenge at Cape is really just a timing session for the Kusabi... I think they should exclude concept vehicles from these types of competitions since the true driving characteristics of concepts are unknown.

I have only tried the 1st one with the Kusabi, was a lot of fun. I was only able to get 956th position, about 3 secs off the pace. I just would like to know what gear ratios to have. Is it best to go for top speed or get more speed in the corners and then max out the speed on that long straight near the end? I can go about 1.5secs faster I think If I hook it all up, but the top times are well fast :)

I've been just focusing on Rome and the RX-8. It's a lot more 'fun' anyway.. currently 120th ish and just going trying different setups to make the car handle better. I think I am getting closer to an ideal setup for myself and if I actually do link my best sectors together I could be within half a second of the best.. but it's not going to be easy

Are these the online time trials from the new update?
I don't have any of the cars needed to compete!

I agree, I think a friends filter is vital! I can't even sort via region, for some reason it is greyed out.

Well I think the fact that it is there (grayed out) shows that they will implement it at some stage. It would be handy to see how you are doing against your friends and country rather than having to search through the 260 it shows and see if you find any familiar names.

I got 16k drifting on tsukuba with holden commodore SS put me into 833rd place lol, Something bugged out and it wouldn't update my best score of 16.8k :(, you get big scores if your front wheels are close to the apex, got 4900 on the first corner by going from 3rd to 4th gear mid drift (the one that leads to the start/finish straight.)

I've been mostly running the Rx8 at Rome, the other event at cape ring I had a go in the civic type R simply as I don't have the kusabi concept anymore but the type r is too slow :(

I have been back to the Rome event a few times and it's not easy to break into the top 20 :crazy: not sure if the clutch and the g25/ g27 are hogging the top spots? but watching a few replays It seems the top times have a speed advantage when gearing and also I noticed they make contacts with the walls and still let it update online 👎

I'll keep trying occasionally as I enjoy the combo, last night I was in 22nd place but wont hold my breath at finishing in the top 50 when it hits the deadline :grumpy:

Good luck to whoever is running it clean :cheers:

I am currently 24th but still 6 tenths off the leader at Rome. The top times seem to have an extra 2 mph on me by the end of the first straight but we have the exact same gear ratio. It's not gonna be crazy difficult to find more time, the main issue is just stringing together all your perfect sectors because some of those corners are just nasty and very hard to consistently lap perfectly.

Does anyone know what happens when the deadline for this TT comes? are there in game prizes or just bragging rights?

i am clearly the fastest in sweden so far in both cars. and i think second nordic fastest (finland, Norway, denmark, sweden, iceland)

I also find GTPL-X Mato thats leader in the Rx-8 have made a completely perfect lap. i can only seem to gain on him on the first straight in the begining, everywhere else he is PERFECT. good luck. i dont think anyone will beat it. at all.

Back