Seasonal Preview // Series 5 Spring

  • Thread starter Thread starter geistwriter
  • 28 comments
  • 1,258 views

geistwriter

Premium
Messages
116
United States
うさぎ島
Messages
geistwriter
British Automotive Week 4 Playlist:

1000031535.webp
1000031536.webp
1000031537.webp
 
Trial is S1 Hypercars, first race is Ito Sprint. it took me a while to figure it out, because I was specifically looking for guardrails on the left:

1000031529.webp


Which don't actually exist in any race:

1000031528.webp


As stated in the previous thread, here's the cars that can't be down-classed on rallies (with front aero):

1000031519.webp


I would not attempt to use these cars on drags, etc. I would actually not use semislicks for S1 sprints in this game either, but that's maybe just me.
 
Last edited:
S1 not S2 and the very bland Satta Sprint as first race. Not as interested in the Trial as I thought I’d be but hopefully the second race will be better. Not that I particularly like the track but this would also be a good time to use Colossus as the 3rd course.
 
S1 not S2 and the very bland Satta Sprint as first race. Not as interested in the Trial as I thought I’d be but hopefully the second race will be better. Not that I particularly like the track but this would also be a good time to use Colossus as the 3rd course.
I misspoke, it's Ito
 
Great work Geist.
honestly I was hoping to be playing Control Resonant this weekend, but it's a buggy mess at the moment, so back to the forza grind
 
@Jezza14 Rivals notified me to go Ito Sprint... Beat your Zonda C with the LaFerrari but feels loose and not great to drive, could do with more grip and maybe better with some adjustments. Then I tried the P1, slower accelerationa and lower top speed, but very agile and fast through turns, beat my LaFerrari time. Didn't feel like it needed any fine tuning so shared it for anyone to try and feedback.
 
@Jezza14 Rivals notified me to go Ito Sprint... Beat your Zonda C with the LaFerrari but feels loose and not great to drive, could do with more grip and maybe better with some adjustments. Then I tried the P1, slower accelerationa and lower top speed, but very agile and fast through turns, beat my LaFerrari time. Didn't feel like it needed any fine tuning so shared it for anyone to try and feedback.
Ito is a good race, there's enough turns to go with better tires here, but knowing this game the second race will be full of loooooong straights.
 
The P1 actually has enough grip to make even tighter turns thru susp tuning so I made an adjustment.
Ito is a good race, there's enough turns to go with better tires here, but knowing this game the second race will be full of loooooong straights.
After super circuits, maybe we're having all sprints this week. I wish I have time to test more setups but P1 is good on rallies, the LaFerrari I might want to throw in the roll cage and see if that makes it better or maybe I'm getting the susp settings wrong.
 
The title suggests that it’s all sprints (the AI hasn’t been overly cryptic in its choice of event names recently).

LaFerrari should be pretty decent for S1. Expect the Lamborghinis (Centenario and Aventador) and the W1 to be strongest though.
 
The title suggests that it’s all sprints (the AI hasn’t been overly cryptic in its choice of event names recently).

LaFerrari should be pretty decent for S1. Expect the Lamborghinis (Centenario and Aventador) and the W1 to be strongest though.
TGM mentioned centenario to me yesterday, and I believe his Goliath pb is on slicks. it has a great diffuser and is very pi efficient
 
Last edited:
Goliath is too long for me in this game, so I’m not sure what works best there. Rallies are almost always the best choice in S1 for sprints though.

My Zonda was a quick RWD tune, so not expecting that to be particularly competitive. I’ll switch it to AWD but it doesn’t have much PI to play with at 800 and I haven’t seen it at the top end of leaderboards much, so I doubt it will challenge any of the top cars.
 
Clocked this on my 2nd run, I feel I can still be faster on the P1 and maybe reach this time too just haven't done any more runs on it.
Forza Horizon 6 28_9_2026 5_25_19 pm.webp


Edit: Ran the P1 again, I slid out on the last turn and lost time, maybe might have broken into 29s but I still managed to beat my Centenario

Forza Horizon 6 28_9_2026 8_32_27 pm.webp


Edit2: Woke up today and thought I'll try to put my P1 under 30s but fate would not let me. Also woke up to @Jezza beating my time with a LaFerrari. Anyway I missed by 0.009s... :(
Forza Horizon 6 29_9_2026 9_40_51 am.webp


Edit 3: Properly ran the Centenario again, it broke into 29s pretty easily.
Forza Horizon 6 29_9_2026 11_53_33 am.webp


My Final list:
Tier 1
Centenario (Fast acceleration, excellent cornering, best choice)
W1 (Best grip easy to drive)
P1 (Dependant on fast cornering and high exit speed, harder to translate to actual fast times in a race since acceleration is king in sprints)
Tier 2
LaFerrari (Does not turn well is it's greatest flaw)
Gemera (Balanced cornering and speed)
SF90 Stradale (Like Gemera, nothing bad to say)
 
Last edited:
I noticed in the past few weeks that certain cars that were terrible in FH5 are passable now. specifically the lambo murci, amg one, speed tail and jesko. the sf90 is still one of the most disappointing cars in the game though, it's definitely the worst option here.

I also can't quite figure out how all these lambos are so vastly different in terms of PI on identical builds. temerario is possibly the best option in terms of power/weight.

also noteworthy is the increased grip on certain stock-rear aero, like the flaps on the speedtail and the t50. this is first time I've ever made a speedtail competitive, and I have the gma up to S2 on rallies and stock rear aero with zero handling issues.

idk if they buffed these cars or nerfed the whole game, but I've been leaning toward nerf.
 
Last edited:
@geistwriter I think the Temerario is the one that needs semi slicks, I've tried it on rallies but the low grip makes it slow on corners resulting in very slow times. Semi slicks would put it on the level of the Revuelto, maybe a bit faster but still not on the same level as the Centenario.

Edit: Tried the Temerario in semi slicks, better but still slower than the Revuelto.
 
Last edited:
I haven’t tried the W1 yet (probably won’t try anything more now until the Trial actually starts) but it should be Tier 1. Scrolling through the LB, the fastest eligible time is in it and further times in it are then interspersed with the Centenario and the two best Aventadors (2012 and SVJ). That’s probably the Tier 1 set overall.

Tier 2 is then probably the P1, LaFerrari, other Aventadors and Veneno. May be others I’ve forgotten.

Zonda felt like it’s probably Tier 3 (best I could do was a 30.8) but it might be that my build is wrong, although it’s not one with much scope for change.
 
I haven’t tried the W1 yet (probably won’t try anything more now until the Trial actually starts) but it should be Tier 1. Scrolling through the LB, the fastest eligible time is in it and further times in it are then interspersed with the Centenario and the two best Aventadors (2012 and SVJ). That’s probably the Tier 1 set overall.

Tier 2 is then probably the P1, LaFerrari, other Aventadors and Veneno. May be others I’ve forgotten.

Zonda felt like it’s probably Tier 3 (best I could do was a 30.8) but it might be that my build is wrong, although it’s not one with much scope for change.
My W1 gearing was way off, it now reaches Tier 1 times for me, but P1 is still Tier 1 for sprints, it accelerates slower for sure, but it is efficient in the high gears if allowed to reach them and catches up hence I'm clocking close times with the Centenario and W1.

Forza Horizon 6 30_9_2026 5_35_51 am.webp
 
@geistwriter I think the Temerario is the one that needs semi slicks, I've tried it on rallies but the low grip makes it slow on corners resulting in very slow times. Semi slicks would put it on the level of the Revuelto, maybe a bit faster but still not on the same level as the Centenario.

Edit: Tried the Temerario in semi slicks, better but still slower than the Revuelto.
that's what's confusing about the lambos in general, they have vastly different mechanical grip that isn't obvious on the surface. revuelto on rallies was excellent in FH5, not quite so much here.

that being said, lap times are a whole different conversation from the trial, at least for me. there's a good correlation if you're a good driver. but in this scenario, I'm making tunes with a different competitive hard cap. they have to win the trial, against bad drivers and bad drivatars.

in the trial there's two arguments for S1 rallies build. one, you end up with better power/weight, which puts you in front of the predictable carnage right from the jump. two, the pi difference between rallies and semis is huge. enough to allow for big weight reduction, which very often equals out to the same lateral g's as semis, which is the important number in a race setting because your preferred lines probably won't be there. the grip you're sacrificing is minimal, and you end up with more power in the engine with the last 5-10 pi even on a race-weight build.

all things being equal, rallies aren't usually going to give you the best lap times, and even then only on sprints. but some of my trial tunes might get 10-100k uses, so I lean toward maneuverability and acceleration for more casual players.

I haven't really gotten into rivals yet. mostly because this game is gonna go on for years and I don't wanna make bad decisions about my leaderboards. I want a clearer picture of the entire game before I start attacking. also I'm one of the better cross country players in the game but these races just don't do it for me, I can't get motivated. I'm hoping for an "extreme" expansion like in FH3 or FH4. I do like a lot of the street racing in the game, but i think some of it is being held back for further content. we still have no marathon, and the city is suspiciously low on street races. I'll revisit all of this if the devs ever talk to us again 🙃
 
Last edited:
i wanted to say something about the tires vs the drivable width of the road in Forza games.

imagine the road is a gradient spreading outwardly from the center line. grip matters most down the center, but becomes less effective as you reach the edges of the gradient, which in this case is dirt, grass, and general uneven terrain. this commentary is about street races specifically, but also in a lot of road races. theres a simple mathematical way to evaluate the tire's overall performance across the gradient.

if we take the slick tire grip value as the constant and give it a value of 10, semislicks generally will be a 9.7, and rallies will be a 9.1.

our variables are the off-road number, and the lateral g's at 60mph. let's use a random car as an example, 65 Alfa giulia.

(offroad) x (lateral g's) x (grip as a percentage of 1.0) is our formula, scaling the number to the smallest comparable factor.

slick tires (5.7) x (1.07) = 6.099 x (1.00) grip =
6.099 rating @ 483pi

semislicks (5.8) x (1.07) = 6.206 x (0.97) grip =
6.020 rating @ 474pi

rallies (6.9) x (1.03) = 7.107 x (0.91) grip =
6.467 rating @ 454pi

what you see with semis and slicks is the exact same g value, almost without fail. and the grip difference is 3%, which can immediately be recouped from the surface area of extra rear tire width. meaning your pi savings is 9 on a virtually identical tire. here the decision becomes more abstract, sprint vs circuit, race vs rivals, how good the surface is, and how good your racing lines are. 9pi can be huge in the right circumstances, but it's close.

the difference in rallies vs semislicks performance over the gradient is much larger, at about 7%. but at a savings of 29pi the decision at this point is pretty simple, because you're already getting a better overall tire relative to the diminishing outward grip on the road, with room for upgrades.

visually speaking, rallies start with less grip on the y axis but lose grip on a much slower deceleration curve on the x axis, and it steadies out at a higher rate. it's effectively performance compression, but it's wide-band compression which gives you high pi savings.

in the specific example of the Alfa, your savings of 29pi on rallies can allow for race weight reduction and a base cent upgrade for 30pi, and the lateral g's actually increase from 1.03 to 1.04, whereas the slicks would still only be a 1.07. you're sacrificing marginal handling to bring your power/weight from .07 to .09, or +23%

there's obviously a million other factors once you start to build, but this is the closest comparison you can make on just the tires.

anyway this is all obvious stuff to good players, but i've never seen anyone attempt to quantify it, so I thought I'd go for it while I'm feeling chatty.
 
Last edited:
1000031692.webp

everything as predicted, forza.net still not updated
 
Gave these 3 tunes a final pass and then tested on all 3 tracks. Centenario has fastest acceleration, W1 best handling/drivability, P1 has high acceleration in 10th gear. On Satta sprint P1 excels, it's the only one that hits the stated top speed and can't go any faster, other 2 was a couple of km/h short.

Lambo Centenario - 180 716 254 (Fastest)
McLaren W1 - 126 543 552 (Best grip)
McLaren P1 - 112 887 716 (high late accelration)

Edit: Got rid of understeer in W1.
 
Last edited:
Just waiting at the treasure location for a snap and I've been joined by a player with the same (Collectibles "Wee!") horn :lol:
 
Gave these 3 tunes a final pass and then tested on all 3 tracks. Centenario has fastest acceleration, W1 best handling/drivability, P1 has high acceleration in 10th gear. On Satta sprint P1 excels, it's the only one that hits the stated top speed and can't go any faster, other 2 was a couple of km/h short.

Lambo Centenario - 180 716 254 (Fastest)
McLaren W1 - 116 613 917 (Best grip)
McLaren P1 - 112 887 716 (high late accelration)
aventador is faster than the centenario in race 2 on the straightaways. Howzers centenarrio slick tune was good but had in race 2 and okay for race 3. Letz tune for the centenarrio is dog water.Haven't received a good tune from the former top tuners in the previous forzas for a trial yet. They are all pretty much dog water with the same old max minimum no grip etc. I had a way better time. In race 2 the AI ran a 1:43 lol.
 
Reasonably fun trial all in all. AI is ok but not super competitive and the first two tracks aren’t too hard to get away from teammates.

Tried the Veneno, Countach, Zonda, SVJ, W1, P1, Jesko and One:1. All seemed solid enough choices.
 
Race 1 and 2 are more technical, fewer players can keep up or get ahead in race 1. Race 2 nearly all turns have walls, no problems for fast cars with low grip. Race 3 suits most players who chose the usual high speed low grip tunes.
 
Reasonably fun trial all in all. AI is ok but not super competitive and the first two tracks aren’t too hard to get away from teammates.

Tried the Veneno, Countach, Zonda, SVJ, W1, P1, Jesko and One:1. All seemed solid enough choices.
I wish the countach was more competitive in the higher classes. Loved it in Fh5 a class..
 
Back