Seasonals and Quick matches

Are seasonals and Quick Matches labeled for difficulty correctly?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
WNC
TRLWNC
I asked something about this before, but I have refined my question, and wish to state it again.

In the Seasonals and QM's, we have low, medium, and high classifications. It's fine on the front side, but....

If there were three levels of difficulty stated, imagine the possibilities.

For GT5, we asked for the ability to set PP, HP, and KG so that we could have greater accuracy and control.

This is no different a request:

The tracks can have easy (HSR) to medium (SSR5) to hard (Ascari, the 'Ring).

The cars can have low medium and high difficulties (which may or may not directly corelate to the PP).

And the AI (for seasonals) can have the same of Low, Med, and High difficulties. (preset, of course)

If we could get that, it would be a wonderful addition to a rather vague set of definitions. (That don't typically work very well.)

On top of that, if we could select a short (under 5 mile), medium (under 10-15 mile), and long (over 20 mile) race (or longer, for those who want enduros), it would be a tremendous addition and would be a wonderful addition to game play.

Think of it: I have 5-10 minutes to do a login on a busy weekday, so I grab a short race. But, on a more open night, I want to play for an hour (or more).

Everyone could be satisfied with what they get and do. I know I would be THRILLED with such an addition!

Can we please have the ability to select our length of races a bit more? And, can we please know how easy a race is going to be BEFORE we get into it?

Thanks.

PS: poll has two week limit from 11/1/14.

The difficulty level is not important to me but I wish it was like the GT5 Seasonal races (P< = $> won) plus we had a big selection to choose from.

Seasonal events are the only source for end game content and there is not enough quantity and verity available.

To your point it would be great if each seasonal race (track/event) could have races for different PP classes at different lengths to choose from.

Like a lot of ideas in GT, they look great on the drawing board, have huge potential and are poorly executed. If the numbers are to be believed and there are actually 10's of thousands of these quick match rooms going at any one time, you'd think they'd want to capitalize on this and just swamp the internet with all kinds of options to see what works and what's popular and just to attract more people to online racing. Everything from beginner rooms with all aids and slow cars, to professional rooms with all kinds of car combinations on stock tires without ABS. Varied race lengths, penalties etc. It's a huge opportunity wasted IMO, to compile a popularity database in preparation for GT7 with paid online subscriptions being necessary to participate.

I gave it another go with the quick matches last night. I think the concept is very promising and has some great features. I particularly like how wrecked or out of control cars become a "ghost" so they don't hit other people.

Some of the current issues to be addressed:
1. A lot of the time only 2 of the events are active with participants to race. People going for higher PP options.
2. The events are so short and lacking variety. (Still a "1 make race" just offer different races with different cars of different PP) In its current form it only offers a few hours of racing before it is a repetitive grind.
3. "Glitchers" The Ferrari race at Monza does not impose proper penalty for people purposely going full throttle off course (next to last turn before finish) These people win every race by a huge margin.

Back