Seat Auto Museum partially destroyed by fire.

• Thread starter Lilium
  • 5 comments
Portugal
Portugal
Lilium_55
Yesterday Seat's Museum at Barcelona got a fire on the workshop, that spread to the A-112 building where historic cars are kept.
DzI9t6-XgAIE7L2-696x392.jpg

184418_751350.jpg

With over 200 cars at the plant, and the firefighters not arriving quickly enough, the employees themselves pushed around 13 cars to safety, including the pope-mobil, from the '82 visit to spain. some reports mention no damage to the historic cars, while others mention that some were eaten by the fire. as its too soon to have concrete news on the subject, its info that will surge under the next hours.

I'm at barcelona for a training at Epson (darn you EPSON for dropping the NSX at gt500), and i could smell the smoke yesterday night at the highway.

Last edited:
Holy crap. Hopefully not too many of the cars were damaged, and that no people were harmed. It's an amazing collection - visited myself a couple of years ago (you can see the Popemobile five cars back on the left in that first pic).

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

@homeforsummer
So far there's reports of no fatal injuries, and only a person inhaled a bit more of smoke. The cars is still something I couldn't confirm.

I haven't visited yet, and it seems I wont this trip, as I return to Portugal tomorrow. But I should be here in half a year again for some training programs, and i'll have to try to make a hole for a visit.
Those racing 90's Seat are something I really like, despite not being really given attention in history. Always had great liveries and were cars you saw everyday around.
In portugal the Ibizas from the 90's are still all the rage as the poor man's tuner cringe.
But boy they last long, and a stock one is pleasing on the eye.

According to Jalopnik everything of value, including humans, was fine, which is good news.

Edit: A few more pics from when I visited. I wasn't aware the place was open to the public - as far as I know it's not a museum so much as a collection for company and media use only (Renault has something similar at their factory in Paris, also off-limits to those outside the company).

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1176.JPG

Last edited:
VXR
I remember the Tango concept very fondly.
Someone asks about it literally every time there's a press conference or roundtable with SEAT's top brass :lol: I think they're wishing they'd never made it...

Latest Posts

Back