Sebastien Loeb Racing launches 2 car assault on FIA GT series

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlackEagleUK
  • 9 comments
  • 8,906 views
Messages
31
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Messages
BlackEagleUK
So what do you do when you've won the World Rally Championship nine times?

You set up your team an go sportscar racing of course! Quite interested to see how Loeb will fare in sportscars. He's got a proven car (McLaren MP4-12C) and a strong driving partner in Alvaro Parente.

Sebastien Loeb Racing enter 2 car assault on FIA GT series
 
I wish him the best in the FIA GT series although, quite frankly, I'm delighted he is gone from the WRC! I used to follow the series a few years ago but eventually it got predictable to the point where I lost interest. Now there will be a real title battle in the championship for the first time in many years, and I'll be following it! :D
 
Well he already did some french GT racing last year and he wasnt that good. I think he was already on a Redbull Mclaren (weird uhh..). Let's see what he can do when he focus on it a bit more. I still think his main goal is to come in WTCC with Citroen in 2014, so yeah 2013 will only be only a way to train him a bit more on track racing. Especially since he'll still do some rally.
 
Also Loeb was running a LMP2 or LMPC in the Le Mans Series.
 
Well he already did some french GT racing last year and he wasnt that good. I think he was already on a Redbull Mclaren (weird uhh..). Let's see what he can do when he focus on it a bit more. I still think his main goal is to come in WTCC with Citroen in 2014, so yeah 2013 will only be only a way to train him a bit more on track racing. Especially since he'll still do some rally.

Yeah he's using it as a learning experience, bit of a strange one though using sportscars as a learning tool for touring cars, would have thought something like the Superstars V8 series would have been more use.
 
LMP2 - in 2005 and 2006 - a DNF and a second place.

That was a LMP1 Pescarolo he drove at Le Mans, last year he was running a team in ELMS (an LMP2 Oreca 03) but I think he only drove it at Le Mans on a test day.
 
Yeah he's using it as a learning experience, bit of a strange one though using sportscars as a learning tool for touring cars, would have thought something like the Superstars V8 series would have been more use.

Or even a private WTCC team, so he could start to learn tracks. But I guess that could have been a problem with citroen or even finding a car he could enter.
 
Loeb is a quick learner. Just the trait of a genius I suppose.

Too bad his Pescarolo in 2005 choked on him.
 
I think he will warm up to the car very quickly and be competing for top spots after a few rounds. Very interested to see how he fares in the new style of driving
 
Back