Sebastien Vettel X2010 Challenge?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Skelator71
  • 17 comments
  • 1,493 views
Messages
28
Canada
BC
Messages
Skelator710
Messages
Urmom
seriously, do you wish the target times were bigger?
 
seriously, do you wish the target times were bigger?

:) yup. either that or just one round of that punishment instead of two. For people playing without a wheel it's seems to me cruel punishment to drive two rounds without a single mistake in that fighter jet on wheels, that challenge is the only reason I don't have platinum jet. I also have to do the 24 hr races, but why would I do those if I can't get past that idiotic vettel test anyway ? And I know it's probably do-able, but nobody can tell me it is enjoyable, because I play games to relax and not to get more stress. ;)
 
People complain that seasonals and a-spec are to easy,
People complain that challenges are too challenging :|

One day Im going to find a thread about a happy medium, maybe a thread called "this bowl of porridge is just right"
 
People complain that seasonals and a-spec are to easy,
People complain that challenges are too challenging :|

One day Im going to find a thread about a happy medium, maybe a thread called "this bowl of porridge is just right"

I wasn't really complaining, just answering his question since it asked for personal opinion. I still love the game anyway and one day I'll beat that challenge. If you have another opinion you can state it, so many people so many opinions. :) There are also people complaining about item limits or other things I believe. ;)

edit: sorry for that, the last few days were not too great and I'm just in a bad mood. my apologies.
 
Your right opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. I wasnt saying you where complaining, its just that reading through this site on a daily basis reminds me of goldy locks and the three bears story.

"There are also people complaining about item limits or other things I believe"

If you're referring to the thread I made last night, I can assure you it wasnt a complaint, I asked a question and then stated that I will be wiling to give anybody, anything that is tradable I had 2 of without wanting anything in return. I.e spending my limited free time to help others.

No need for apoligies I can assure you I take nothing said here or anywhere else on the internet to heart.
 
- Well, they're hard... But, I guess they need to be that. (Not complaining.)
 
Yes I've only got bronze on all of them too, Ive just come to terms with the fact Im not good enough to beat them with a DS3.
 
Yes I've only got bronze on all of them too, Ive just come to terms with the fact Im not good enough to beat them with a DS3.

its almost impossible with a ds3! i did 24h of le mans with the red bull so i thought after the race, now i know this X2010 so lets do the vettel challenge suzuka...after 2 hours only bronze

gives me alot of stress to but its still a wonderful game 👍
 
I don't think they knew Vettel was gonna be a 3 time world champion.
 
No, I honestly have no idea why it would make a difference.

I don't know if your winding me up or not! My post wasn't meant to be taken too seriously but I will explain...

I should have worded my post differently. Of course they didn't know vettel was gonna be a 2 or 3 time world champion.

At the time of setting the challenge time he was a multiple race winner, not champion yet. All they thought was to get a Red Bull driver to set the time, it could have been Webber. It could have been any one of the drivers had they been with Red Bull.

In my opinion, I think they ended up getting one of the top 5 drivers in the world to set those times in the challenge and that's why it is so hard. I would like to see how much practice he had, I'm assuming it wasn't more than an hour. The only other drivers I could see having that skill straight out the box, at that time would be Alonso, Hamilton, Raikkonen and maybe Button. One could argue that Vettel is even faster now due to the experience, but I say that he already had the raw speed and reactions, that could match the other top drivers at that time to set those times.

A more extreme example would be if my granny set the time it wouldn't be so hard to beat! But my granny is dead.
 
I also think it's merely impossible to beat the Vettel challange by using the DS3. I finished mine with 3 bronze using the Logitech Driving Force. Mine was intentionally made to be played on GT3, so it's quite old.

In my opinion they give you key advice before starting with the challenge, time your turns. At the end of the day it's all about repitition to build up muscle memory and getting familliar with the car. If you really invest with time and effort (and maybe a Driving Force) you can get the results you hope for.
 
Yes they are undoubtedly the toughest challenge on the game. I have reached the limit of my ability with them now, and despite regular attempts, I have not improved my times for 6 months or more. I have bronze on Suzuka, silver on Nurb, and gold on Monza.
My gold is the only thing that keeps me trying on the others, but I dont think it's ever going to happen.
They really make you earn those platinum trophies.
 
Yes they are undoubtedly the toughest challenge on the game. They really make you earn those platinum trophies.
In my opinion the Alfa challenge on Eiger is much harder ;)
They are tough, no doubt about that, but they suit me better then that damn Alfa challenge :crazy:

To answer the OP: No, I didn't wish for easier times.
 
People complain that seasonals and a-spec are to easy,
People complain that challenges are too challenging :|

One day Im going to find a thread about a happy medium, maybe a thread called "this bowl of porridge is just right"
The thing is, GT5 lacks difficulty balance. My 6 year old brother can deal with most of A-spec events. He can also beat some special challenges and, when I give him the right car, most seasonals. And yet, I don't even dare introducing him to the X1. How many people can pass it, 0.5%? When I do seasonal time trials, I'm usually in the top 100, but still, I can't cope with Vettel challenge (yet).

It should be called Wipeout challenge, as it's so hard comparing to the rest of the game. Plus, you need to get in the zone to be able to clear it. ;)

Yes, I wish the targets were 1 second bigger, at least at the Ring and Suzuka. Monza is relatively easy.

PS. It's Sebastian. ;) Cheers.
 
Not everyone is entitled to win. That's the whole point of a challenge and you want a trophy after all.
 
Back