Sebring International Raceway

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Scuderia Paul, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

[​IMG]

I think Sebring International Raceway (Florida, USA) not being featured in GT is a great pity. It is one of the most famous circuits and hosts big races throughout the year, on it's 6.02km configuration, with the Sebring 12h being the highlight.

Hopefully we will see it in GT7 although I'm unsure if Forza's ALMS rights are still in effect.

What do you guys think?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  2. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

I can also see a new event in the S-class races called the "12 minutes of Sebring". :dopey:

3. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

Sebring would be awesome. It's one of the last big endurance tracks we don't have. Although I heard they moved some cones at la Sarthe, so I guess we'll probably just get another version of that instead.

4. Osr20_L

Osr20_L

This track is awesome for endurance races!!

5. SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession Premium

One of my favourite tracks to drive in Forza, so would love to see it in GT6/7 too.

Robb Clarke and thehobnob97 like this.
  6. Racin510s

Racin510s

I agree with the OP. It was where I took my SCCA racers license test. A Skip Barber school back in the mid 70's

7. Gazronicus

Gazronicus

Love the video. Was my favourite course when i was using Forza 4 hope to see it in GT6.

Jtheripper, Robb Clarke and research like this.
  8. Blood*Specter

Blood*Specter

This is a quote from WikiPedia sports fans:

Sebring Raceway is featured in the video games iRacing, Forza Motorsport 2, Forza Motorsport 3, Forza Motorsport 4, Forza Motorsport 5, Total Immersion Racing, and Sports Car GT. There are also end-user created versions for GTR2, GTR Evolution, GT Legends, rFactor, Grand Prix Legends and NASCAR Racing 2003 Season. It is speculated to appear in Gran Turismo 6. In board gaming, Sebring was also featured in the first expansion for the Formula D board game by Asmodee games.

I think its a no brainer for GT6.

skidmarks, rgkma and research like this.
  9. CB750Kguy

CB750Kguy

I really enjoy Sebring, having been there for several races as a spectator -- 12 Hours and Classic Sports Car racing. I have had great fun turning many laps there during track days.

skidmarks and research like this.
  10. apff

apff

Good track, I wish PoDi will add it to GT6!

11. zippy_the_cat

zippy_the_cat

Not feeling it. Another converted airstrip, with less character than Silverstone.

12. rgkma

rgkma

Bumpy,challenge to drive, love it. Why all those other games has it in, but not GT6? shame, PD really not getting the tracks right.

13. socalspeedfreak

socalspeedfreak

this track has as much or more history and prestige than any other track in the us or the world for that matter. williow springs pales in its comparison. i say its way past due its been added to the gt line up.

skidmarks, research and Scuderia Paul like this.
  14. 330TRI

330TRI

I want this track more than any other American track. Getting a version of it in its old form would be outstanding.
    [​IMG]

67-82 or its original form from 52-66:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  15. TheLuigi755

TheLuigi755

They will probably not be in effect, the ALMS is now cancelled (the series merged with Grand-Am to make the USC)

16. Amac500

Amac500

This would perhaps be the ultimate track for PD to add with the quality of renderings they do. Sebring is known for its ruff pavement and bumps, and PD would be able to do it justice and convey the feel of every little bump. Plus this would be the ultimate track for time change as images from the 12 hours at sunset are absolutely iconic as the sky turns completely orange!

2014_TUDOR_Sebring_Race_6.jpg 2014_TUDOR_Sebring_Race_26.jpg

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  17. Amac500

Amac500

Well I might not be so sure though, because when they merged they merged under the NASCAR house and PD has the NASCAR license so I wouldn't be so sure. I don't know if that even has an effect anyways though, because Sebring isn't an ALMS exclusive thing. It is one of the most popular tracks in the world to test WEC and indycars and has a lot of Skip Barber and club type racing.

18. thehobnob97

thehobnob97

Same here.

19. research

research Premium

I attended the last two 12hour races with my father and brothers and wow! What an awesome event.

If PD could accurately recreate the crazy bumps and concrete cracks that tend to throw racecars all over the place... oh man what an exercise in control it would be for the players. Great stuff.

:tup:

Jtheripper and Scuderia Paul like this.
  20. HalfTwain

HalfTwain

I used to play ps1 with gt1 and dreamed about what game play would be like with a wheel. Lol then life got in the way. Now here it is years later and I'm given a used ps3 with a copy of gt5xl. Well the first thing I did was go to game atop and bought a thrustmaster t80 because it was the only wheel in the store. I come home hooked it up and realized that it has no force feedback. Well I played for a week and went out and bought gt6, f1 2012 and grid autosport. I can't get my ps3 to download the newest update so I can't play on line but on grid autosport I can go online and man what fun I'm having racing live online. I then ordered the driving force pro and then the dfgt off eBay I am now fulltime on the driving force gt and I had a t500 come in last week but it was broken so I sent it back. I have a new t500 coming tomorrow hopefully this one will work. I have a simple rig I made up and I have found a new hobby. I just want to thank all you guys who have stayed with the Sim racing and gt series has come such a long way. I can't get over the ff effects of the new wheels. Next after the t500 gets its workout this week I start on a motion Sim and a rounded projection screen. I hope to get to i racing soon

research likes this.
  21. Warte

Warte

A traditional circuit, with a great history and a great layout, definitely yes!

Robb Clarke and research like this.
  22. jake2013guy

jake2013guy

I WANT THIS NOW! (Alongside Watkins Glen)

23. ss3

ss3

Cool to have

24. ConeKillre

ConeKillre

I'm from Florida and did a three day driving school here. I also sat in the VW/ Audi tent for the endurance races in 2002 and 03.

ss3 and Scuderia Paul like this.
  25. ss3

ss3

Cool, it would be cool to have the Kansas City speedway because I've on the track in an older nascar stock car it was cool, but wouldn't recommend it GT already has good ovals

26. RobertM525

RobertM525

An on board lap from the 2015 USCC season:

(The full race is on their channel, too, in three parts.)

Robb Clarke and Scuderia Paul like this.