Sebring International Raceway

Ireland
Dublin
Paul2007
SebringInternationalRaceway-InternationalCourse.png

I think Sebring International Raceway (Florida, USA) not being featured in GT is a great pity. It is one of the most famous circuits and hosts big races throughout the year, on it's 6.02km configuration, with the Sebring 12h being the highlight.

Hopefully we will see it in GT7 although I'm unsure if Forza's ALMS rights are still in effect.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I think Sebring International Raceway not being featured in GT is a great pity. It is one of the most famous circuits and hosts big races throughout the year.

Hopefully we will see it as DLC although I'm unsure if Forzas ALMS rights is still in effect.

What do you guys think?

Great track in Florida in the USA which welcomes in particular the 12 hours of Sebring everything the years in March !

Love the video. Was my favourite course when i was using Forza 4 hope to see it in GT6.

This is a quote from WikiPedia sports fans:

Sebring Raceway is featured in the video games iRacing, Forza Motorsport 2, Forza Motorsport 3, Forza Motorsport 4, Forza Motorsport 5, Total Immersion Racing, and Sports Car GT. There are also end-user created versions for GTR2, GTR Evolution, GT Legends, rFactor, Grand Prix Legends and NASCAR Racing 2003 Season. It is speculated to appear in Gran Turismo 6. In board gaming, Sebring was also featured in the first expansion for the Formula D board game by Asmodee games.

I think its a no brainer for GT6.

I really enjoy Sebring, having been there for several races as a spectator -- 12 Hours and Classic Sports Car racing. I have had great fun turning many laps there during track days.

This would perhaps be the ultimate track for PD to add with the quality of renderings they do. Sebring is known for its ruff pavement and bumps, and PD would be able to do it justice and convey the feel of every little bump. Plus this would be the ultimate track for time change as images from the 12 hours at sunset are absolutely iconic as the sky turns completely orange!

2014_TUDOR_Sebring_Race_6.jpg
2014_TUDOR_Sebring_Race_26.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully we will see it as DLC although I'm unsure if Forzas ALMS rights is still in effect.

They will probably not be in effect, the ALMS is now cancelled (the series merged with Grand-Am to make the USC)

Well I might not be so sure though, because when they merged they merged under the NASCAR house and PD has the NASCAR license so I wouldn't be so sure. I don't know if that even has an effect anyways though, because Sebring isn't an ALMS exclusive thing. It is one of the most popular tracks in the world to test WEC and indycars and has a lot of Skip Barber and club type racing.

I attended the last two 12hour races with my father and brothers and wow! What an awesome event.

If PD could accurately recreate the crazy bumps and concrete cracks that tend to throw racecars all over the place... oh man what an exercise in control it would be for the players. Great stuff.

👍

I used to play ps1 with gt1 and dreamed about what game play would be like with a wheel. Lol then life got in the way. Now here it is years later and I'm given a used ps3 with a copy of gt5xl. Well the first thing I did was go to game atop and bought a thrustmaster t80 because it was the only wheel in the store. I come home hooked it up and realized that it has no force feedback. Well I played for a week and went out and bought gt6, f1 2012 and grid autosport. I can't get my ps3 to download the newest update so I can't play on line but on grid autosport I can go online and man what fun I'm having racing live online. I then ordered the driving force pro and then the dfgt off eBay I am now fulltime on the driving force gt and I had a t500 come in last week but it was broken so I sent it back. I have a new t500 coming tomorrow hopefully this one will work. I have a simple rig I made up and I have found a new hobby. I just want to thank all you guys who have stayed with the Sim racing and gt series has come such a long way. I can't get over the ff effects of the new wheels. Next after the t500 gets its workout this week I start on a motion Sim and a rounded projection screen. I hope to get to i racing soon

I think Sebring International Raceway (Florida, USA) not being featured in GT is a great pity. It is one of the most famous circuits and hosts big races throughout the year, on it's 6.02km configuration, with the Sebring 12h being the highlight.

Hopefully we will see it in GT7 although I'm unsure if Forza's ALMS rights are still in effect.

What do you guys think?

I'm from Florida and did a three day driving school here. I also sat in the VW/ Audi tent for the endurance races in 2002 and 03.

I'm from Florida and did a three day driving school here. I also sat in the VW/ Audi tent for the endurance races in 2002 and 03.
Cool, it would be cool to have the Kansas City speedway because I've on the track in an older nascar stock car it was cool, but wouldn't recommend it GT already has good ovals

What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?

I fully agree. I drove with NASA Racing doing Time Trial and Sebring is amazing to drive and challenging. You ask any professional driver and they’ll tell you Sebring is one of their favorite tracks if not number one to drive. And the history there is incredible from the 12hr to early trans am and other endurance races. Plus there are two configurations the full 3.8 miles or the PDX course. It would be nice to see Sebring and maybe some more vintage race cars added. Like the old Trans am cars 67-72 Camaros, 64-71 mustangs, javelins, challengers, triumphs, etc, etc. I hope they have plans to expand GT7 more with things like vintage racing and even modern trans am and club racing events, tracks like Sebring, road Atlanta , mid-Ohio and maybe A long gone track like riverside. More cars from through the years and maybe the ability to (example) take a 67 Camaro, upgrade it with HP parts and have the ability to covert it to a full-blown race car. I really like the game, I just hope they don’t flutter to much focus on the futuristic cars. This is my NASA TT3 Camaro at Sebring

Attachments

• 692ADCDA-1F77-4B0D-9800-409031679D31.jpeg
    692ADCDA-1F77-4B0D-9800-409031679D31.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 13
I fully agree. I drove with NASA Racing doing Time Trial and Sebring is amazing to drive and challenging. You ask any professional driver and they’ll tell you Sebring is one of their favorite tracks if not number one to drive. And the history there is incredible from the 12hr to early trans am and other endurance races. Plus there are two configurations the full 3.8 miles or the PDX course. It would be nice to see Sebring and maybe some more vintage race cars added. Like the old Trans am cars 67-72 Camaros, 64-71 mustangs, javelins, challengers, triumphs, etc, etc. I hope they have plans to expand GT7 more with things like vintage racing and even modern trans am and club racing events, tracks like Sebring, road Atlanta , mid-Ohio and maybe A long gone track like riverside. More cars from through the years and maybe the ability to (example) take a 67 Camaro, upgrade it with HP parts and have the ability to covert it to a full-blown race car. I really like the game, I just hope they don’t flutter to much focus on the futuristic cars. This is my NASA TT3 Camaro at Sebring
Here is also one of my laps. The car 2015 1LE Camaro Detroit Speed lowering springs and sway bars, K&N CAI, Hooker headers and full race exhaust, ASC aero, forgeline wheels with Hoosier R7’s

Back