Second place "artificially" sped up?

Even when ahead by 6-9 seconds in qualifying, I can never seem to get more than around a 2 second lead during a race. Is it just my racing performance or is the second place car sped to within 2 seconds to put the pressure on? 3rd and 4th drop back as expected.

I think it's both. Maybe the computer is sped up, but mostly, it's probably your performance, because I always get my lead up way more in a race than in qualifiying. The lead is usually around 6-13 seconds. (In a race)

GT3 had this issue in the rally mode, and the amatuer section.

It would not suprise me to see this happen in TT.

In GT3, AI would hit a wall, amass a 30 second delay and make up that difference in less than half a lap.

I'd be interested to see if others could document this phenomenon.

I also seem to get a considerable lead even when starting way behind first place using the same bike. Either I'm an excellent rider or the AI goes unusually slow. They never fall on thier own, and rarely fall when I push them around. I never qualify, I just race and hope for the best, and I always seem to win.

Well, I think i like the idea if the computer is assisted if you have a major advantage/lead. Of course this is only if the amount boosted is directly related to your lead. It'll be a much more competitive game for skilled gamers without making it too difficult for newer/casual players.

my lead on the computer stays relativley the same througout the race providing you dont have any mishaps or run any bad laps. It does not take much more then a bad corner or a crappy lap to loose alot of time you had built up.

Back