Second Worst Idea Ever

• Thread starter JLawrence
  • 29 comments
GTP_FreakinWolfy
Go-Karts. Nurburgring 24 Hour. Midnight. Rain. Heavy Damage. Driving Line.

It was an exciting race to be sure. Only the occasional batch of fans lining the Ring gave any light aside from the happy blue line that lead the way. It wasn't much of a real race though, as Cahilldomination (GTMail) has a real way with wet-weather Karting. He managed an exceptionally fast time of 15:05.795, beating IMZIZ (15:17.026) and myself (GTP_SpitRacer, 17:12.445) handily.

We were shooting for the worst possible race in game, and seemed pretty confident in this until IMZIZ being the rational fellow he is, pointed out the fact that we still had a driving line to follow.

So that being said, who's up for the Worst Possible Event?

It was an exciting race to be sure. Only the occasional batch of fans lining the Ring gave any light aside from the happy blue line that lead the way. It wasn't much of a real race though, as Cahilldomination (GTMail) has a real way with wet-weather Karting. He managed an exceptionally fast time of 15:05.795, beating IMZIZ (15:17.026) and myself (GTP_SpitRacer, 17:12.445) handily.

We were shooting for the worst possible race in game, and seemed pretty confident in this until IMZIZ being the rational fellow he is, pointed out the fact that we still had a driving line to follow.

If you want worst try racing Nürburgring in unmodified Citroên 2CVs and Subaru N360s the higher the mileage the better. You might have light but...11-12 HP is still 11-12 HP!:lol:

Can also include Fiat 500 L,R or F, and Mazda Carol 360 deluxe. None of these automotive monsters have over 17 HP without oil change/engine overhaul. Subaru 360 with 14 HP is the favorite with its whoping 237PP

Last edited:
If you want worst try racing Nürburgring in unmodified Citroên 2CVs and Subaru N360s the higher the mileage the better. You might have light but...11-12 HP is still 11-12 HP!:lol:

Can also include Fiat 500 L,R or F, and Mazda Carol 360 deluxe. None of these automotive monsters have over 17 HP without oil change/engine overhaul. Subaru 360 with 14 HP is the favorite with its whoping 237PP

We did follow our adventure at the Ring with a 3 lap battle in stock Fiats, on comfort hards, in the rain, with all the damage and whatnot at Monza. Then Chamonix (Or however it's spelled) in Prius, same deal, and finally NASCARS at Eiger in the rain on those comfort tires and all that jazz.

It was a night full of not very well thought out racing.

Seeing as this is the second worst idea ever, what's worse than it?

Always wanted to try this.

17 minutes is still pretty impressive. Doing a lap in the dark in the rain in an M3 is hard enough.

I've done exactly this but at La Sarthe with no driving line. Remember the ultimate one would be Nurburgring 24H layout with no assist and every OSD turned off so you don't know whether your going forwards or backwards! :D

That's not nice, and a little racist. Referring to someone's skin color as part of a lame joke is not cool.

I don't know that is really racist. If he had said the snow on Chamonix was whiter that Steve Buscemi I wouldn't take that as racist. If he had made a joke about gangs, fried chicken, or drinking 40's then I would call it racist.

Not sure about the worst, but myself and some friends just raced full power Formula GT's (no aids on) at Tskuba or however its spelt. Worst? definatly not, but it has to rank quite high on the nuts scale........having said this karts on the green death at night, no driving line, rain, damage full etc. etc. would do pretty good on the nuts scale as well im sure!!!!

Not sure about the worst, but myself and some friends just raced full power Formula GT's (no aids on) at Tskuba or however its spelt. Worst? definatly not, but it has to rank quite high on the nuts scale........having said this karts on the green death at night, no driving line, rain, damage full etc. etc. would do pretty good on the nuts scale as well im sure!!!!

That's easy imo. Go-Karts tend to spin out more easily than anything else. As there is a crap load of aerodynamics on the FGTs that pretty much keeps it rooted to the tarmac, it's easy to drive compared to the too tail happy nature of the Go Kart.

Lol , fine then, how about RUF Yellow Birds with full power/damage with Comfort Hards on the green death at night with rain, the standard setup it comes with but all the tuning parts, no aero allowed, no aids and ABS isnt allowed, 6 of you start at the back with another 6 complete first time GT5 players starting in front of you? lol, would that do ok on the nuts scale?

I can say that I have done the worst idea ever. Yes. Nurburgring Nordschleife, 0:00, no driving line, PDI Racing Kart. Ask akmuq about it, he won.

I can say that I have done the worst idea ever. Yes. Nurburgring Nordschleife, 0:00, no driving line, PDI Racing Kart. Ask akmuq about it, he won.

I have done that too. I won, somehow

Earlier this year I got mad at one of my B-Spec drivers for pitting every lap and losing an endurance race, so I sent him out on his own for 24 hour lemans in a pink painted Kublewagen.

The worst race idea - and worst race - we've ever had was:

• Circuit de la Sarthe 2009, weather, time
  • Rain
  • Midnight
  • Driving aids off, driving line off, HUD off
  • Grand Touring Garage 1970 Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer (which becomes effectively invisible and has the most pointless 5th gear in history)
  • Comfort Softs

They made the F40s we tried later seem almost driveable.

When on the 24hr track, the Nordschleife is still do-able like that because of the light made next to the track. The GP track on the other hand is pitch dark. I managed my way through by keeping an eye on the only visible thing: the white line marking the borders of the track.

That's not nice, and a little racist. Referring to someone's skin color as part of a lame joke is not cool.

77072549.jpg

About the event... Sounds like an awesome idea. But without racing line I swear I'd kill someone.

Maybe setting map to decent zoom would be any helpful ;p

Back