Section Learner ™ - Feature Concept

• Thread starter TurismoBad
  • 13 comments
Italy
Italy
It will be easier if I write this as an in-game description.

_____

Section Learner allows you to quickly learn parts of the circuit/track you're having problems with. Simply set up "Start" and "Finish" points on any given track and you're ready to go.

You will be taken to the track and start directly at the "Start" point selected previously. After crossing the "Finish" point the game will register your time and putt you back at the "Start" point so you can have another go without the need of pressing "Retry".

Conquest every corner!

250px_Mount_Panorama_Circuit_Map_Overview.png

Thoughts ?

I think this is a very good idea, I have had thoughts of this myself. Maybe you should get on the horn to Kaz and have him implement this feature in the next update.....go ahead, you got pull, I know you do. :lol:

*Bolded part is just me being a smartass and should only be taken in that context, only joking around with you. 👍

It is a good idea but as presented it does not work. At the start point you selected you would need to be able to dial a speed in otherwise you would need to start that section before Forest Elbow so that you were at the correct speed to practise that corner.

The game would not be 'smart enough' to be able to calculate what speed you should be at, in a particular car and your exit speed from the previous corner would have been.

With some development work it would be an excellent idea as it sure beats the hell out of stopping, turning around, driving back and re-doing the corner you want to practice.

Idea: It would only be a matter of taking a best lap saved file and then like a music CD or DVD use a time cut/repeat function. You would then be restarting at you optimum driving condition to redo that particular part. Then, like a time trial, the game could update that file to the latest best time for the ghost function.

The only problem I see is that it would take some effort on PD's part :-( Maybe this is a good suggestion for Project Cars ;-)

I will also upgrade my original comment to "great idea" :-)

Sounds similar to the AMG Special Event in GT5, which I really enjoyed (apart from the numb physics & SS tyres). This would be a very useful feature in GT6. 👍

It is a good idea but as presented it does not work. At the start point you selected you would need to be able to dial a speed in otherwise you would need to start that section before Forest Elbow so that you were at the correct speed to practise that corner.

The game would not be 'smart enough' to be able to calculate what speed you should be at, in a particular car and your exit speed from the previous corner would have been.

With some development work it would be an excellent idea as it sure beats the hell out of stopping, turning around, driving back and re-doing the corner you want to practice.

Idea: It would only be a matter of taking a best lap saved file and then like a music CD or DVD use a time cut/repeat function. You would then be restarting at you optimum driving condition to redo that particular part. Then, like a time trial, the game could update that file to the latest best time for the ghost function.

The only problem I see is that it would take some effort on PD's part :-( Maybe this is a good suggestion for Project Cars ;-)

I will also upgrade my original comment to "great idea" :-)

Thought correct speed of rolling start was common sense so not elaborated on that - details left out for the devs.

Perhaps something like - "Rolling Start Point" , "Start" , "Finish"

We're selecting our first start point to gain the speed and after that it's all "Start"-"Finish" loop.

It could even be scripted - you want to do the corner n° 7, and the game putts you for the "First Start" at corner 4 or 5.

All in all - if they want to do this they will figure it out and add some of their own ideas in.

Thought correct speed of rolling start was common sense so not elaborated on that - details left out for the devs.

Perhaps something like - "Rolling Start Point" , "Start" , "Finish"

We're selecting our first start point to gain the speed and after that it's all "Start"-"Finish" loop.

It could even be scripted - you want to do the corner n° 7, and the game putts you for the "First Start" at corner 4 or 5.

All in all - if they want to do this they will figure it out and add some of their own ideas in.

Did you read this part at the end of my post?

"Idea: It would only be a matter of taking a best lap saved file and then like a music CD or DVD use a time cut/repeat function. You would then be restarting at you optimum driving condition to redo that particular part. Then, like a time trial, the game could update that file to the latest best time for the ghost function"

That would successfully solve all the issues. I do think this is an excellent idea.

If it is smart enough to do a full lap around any track, then it's smart enough to give you a rolling start on any point of the track based on an approximation of what the speed of the car would be were the AI driving, I think.

If I remember correctly Need for Speed Shift had something to this effect called like "turn mastery" or something that happened in race. It rated how you took your turn through each pass and I feel like you got a small bonus in XP or something at the end if you perfected all the turns. I might have some of the details messed up but I remember having the game rate how I took turns.

Rocksmith has pretty much the same feature. You select a section of a song and the game will keep looping that section automatically.

A better idea would be to have a flashback/rewind feature in time trial.
You could practice at any track with any car, you can repeat any corner you're having trouble with as many times you want but your lap time gets invalidated if you use the rewind feature.
Forza & F1 games have that feature, it's very useful as a learning tool in time trial.

I like this idea in principle but the way PD implementes things we're liable to get some tracks only day, some only with rain and some unusable at all. Or simply one section per track. I've no more blind faith in PD's abilities. That ended with GT5 and cemented with GT6.

Latest Posts

Back