See vic run....

  • Thread starter Thread starter ving
  • 26 comments
  • 564 views
Messages
5,716
Hi ppls,

just bought a civic type r and noticed that, tho the civic sir has about 20 hp less than the type r it is about 300 kg lighter.

which is actually the faster of the 2?
 
I assume you want us to guess.

Type R. Its max power is at 5200rpm not 7800rpm like the sir
 
power weight ratio is almost identical. torque weight ratio is better on the sir.

I would assume that the sir accelerates better but has lower top speed than type R.

This is all guesswork.
 
thats what i guessed.
do they have the same tire width? (cornering isse ere....) cant remember.
does the type-r maybe have more non-adjustable downforce?
 
I don't know much more than what you are told at the Car Dealer in the game.

Assuming you have the money why don't you save the game and buy both. Try them out with identical setups and see how they do.

Then restart your game and buy the one that is best.

I don't know about the non-adjustable downforce but that extra weight may make the car sit a little lower but also give it more momentum for you to fight against when cornering.
 
but i have only just restarted... i dont have the money for both :(

I just thought sum1 would know. nevermind :/
 
I may test later tonight since I have about 17mill to waste. Those $%^$%^ enduros not giving me the right colour F1 car. Or maybe if I press X in a different rotation it will give me the right colour. Only joking Ving.

I can't guarantee tonight but I am happy to do so because I want something different to do for a change.

I used the Accord Euro R early in my game. That was when I had not been to a forum so did not know which cars were best.

When you look at 200ish cars with no knowledge you can certainly make some strange decisions. My first car was the Daihatsu Storia X4 and I actually souped it up to win the Beginner 4WD series. That was good for a laugh.

I have only driven the Spoon Civic not the normal ones so it will be good for a change.

I have looked for info on the real life cars but can't find much. All I would go on is the shape of the cars and any spoliers etc.
 
thnx dood :)

I bought the storia as a first car too... b4 i came here :)
 
I just drove both in stock form.

I also own both and both are fairly modded so I've driven both in modded and unmodded.



Basically, lets save my time and yours. The Civic Type-R is infinitely better than the SiR. It seems to be more tossable, yet it holds grip better and turns in easier and etc etc........
 
Glad to be of amusement/assistance. Probably more the former than the latter.
 
Did a very small amount of testing last night in between SSR11 enduro and getting one more S license bronze.

The differences between the 2 cars (at least in my testing) is marginal but noticeable.

1. The Civic sir seemed to struggle a little on the acceleration from stand still compared to the Type R.
2. The sir sounded deeper than the type R suggesting that the type R got to the higher revs easier (probably the same as 1 just put another way)
3. Both cars seemed to have less understeer than usual for FF with the Type R seeming that little bit easier to get around corners. I would actually suggest that in stock form combined with my driving style these cars almost oversteer.
4. As 12sec said the type R does handle better.

Did not do any top speed tests. Did not upgrade anything and did not look at the default settings so don't know if the cars are actually setup differently.

Here are the max HP for the cars

Civic SiR-II (EG,J) 379
Civic Type-R (EK,J) 434
 
I have a slight correction.


The MAX Hp for each car is: SiR-391hp and Type-R-446hp


I have driven both of mine alot, SiR over 300 miles and the Type R about 150 miles.
 
Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
I have a slight correction.


The MAX Hp for each car is: SiR-391hp and Type-R-446hp


I have driven both of mine alot, SiR over 300 miles and the Type R about 150 miles.

My apologies if my info was wrong. I got it from a complete list of hp stats of every car (can't remember where I got it from though - it was one of the faqs sites somewhere).
 
thanks for doing the testing guys...
much appreciated :)

so far they seem pretty even unmodded from what i have read here, so i think the fact that the type-r handle a bit better sujests that i made the right choice.

I knew theyd be close tho.
 
Hey gumpy, can you test this out?

If you notice when you buy a car, it's stock hp will increase slightly the more its driven and after about 250-300 miles the HP will decrease even with regular oil changes. After about 400-500 miles, the HP won't drop any further.

Now, if you win a car, the HP starts slightly higher stock than if you bought it, but it's still subject to engine wear.

Can you confirm this?
 
i think most ppl here can confirm this as it is well documented in this forum....

so yes, it happens. :)
 
did anyone notice my ratrher clever title to this tread? :D
 
Originally posted by danibus
Hey gumpy, can you test this out?

If you notice when you buy a car, it's stock hp will increase slightly the more its driven and after about 250-300 miles the HP will decrease even with regular oil changes. After about 400-500 miles, the HP won't drop any further.

Now, if you win a car, the HP starts slightly higher stock than if you bought it, but it's still subject to engine wear.

Can you confirm this?

Yes. As Ving has said.

Prize cars have already been "run in" so after the oil change you will have the max stock hp for the car. With bought cars it takes you 300 miles to get there.
 
Originally posted by ving
did anyone notice my ratrher clever title to this tread? :D

Yes. I assume you have called your car Vic. And you want to see vic run.

Or maybe there is more to it than that.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Civic run
 
Back