Seeing the thread OP in a forum

United States
United States
I wish this forum had the function where you hover over the title and it shows you the op. Would save me a lot of time....and frustration.

Who cares who started a topic and why is it something that frustrates you so much? Does it take so long to click a topics first page?

The OP's name is displayed immediately below the title, to the left of the thread start date.

On mobile, you can tap on the OP's avatar to view their name and account information.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant where you hover and it shows you the text of the op, ie: a thread title says "I'm so tired of this crap" and you hover over it to see the content rather than clicking into the thread to see that it is the same thing 20 other threads have been started about. It was really just a random thought. I actually thought I posted it in General. Must have been before my morning coffee yesterday. :)

Edit. Haha. I see it was moved. I'm not going crazy after all. :)

Last edited:
The OP's name is displayed immediately below the title, to the left of the thread start date.

On mobile, you can tap on the OP's avatar to view their name and account information.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I take it you mean something like this.

hover.jpg

^ It's a screen print of some threads I've made on a motorcycle forum and when you hover
over the link to a thread you see the content of the OP.
It's a nice feature I guess, certainly wouldn't hurt if introduced to GTP as well.

I've also noticed that ever since GTP15 was introduced we can no
longer hover over certain links and see the full title.

For example;

Nothing shows while hovering over a link here:
cursor.jpg

But it does show if you hover over the links here instead;
cursor2.jpg

And a quick technical question if I may to @Jordan which is completely unrelated to the thread topic.

How come you can drag an avatar up or down on PC and not on an Android phone?
Just curious. Thanks.

drag avy.jpg

drag avy2.jpg

And a quick technical question if I may to @Jordan which is completely unrelated to the thread topic.
How come you can drag an avatar up or down on PC and not on an Android phone?
It's kind of complicated.

Cursor/mouse-based devices send a certain set of "events" or commands that things like the avatar positioning system "listens" for, and can then respond to, moving the avatar around. Touch-based devices send different types of events in different ways, which a system may or may not be fully compatible with. Our avatar positioning system isn't, so it doesn't work.

If I remember correctly, didn't the forum used the have the function requested in the OP, for desktops some time ago? I could have sworn, but I could be mistaken.

Who cares who started a topic and why is it something that frustrates you so much? Does it take so long to click a topics first page?
A little ironic that you'd say that and then post this. Either way, he's not wondering who started the topic, but what was said within it without having to click-in.

I do miss the hover over a thread and see it's full title feature. Pretty handy for threads that are in the trending column on the main page.

Also, @Jordan what happened to the feature where it would show your avatar on the far right side of a thread title if you've posted in it? I find that very useful in keeping track of which threads I have joined. I don't use the subscribe feature to avoid over complicating things, and I sorely miss it.

Also, @Jordan what happened to the feature where it would show your avatar on the far right side of a thread title if you've posted in it? I find that very useful in keeping track of which threads I have joined. I don't use the subscribe feature to avoid over complicating things, and I sorely miss it.
Yep, as NP mentioned, it's still there, it just moved over to the corner of the OP's avatar on the left.

Back