Seeking Logitech G29 Advice

• Thread starter SkengD
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
NY / JA / UK
skengdigi
I used a g27 in gt5 and gt6. I have upgraded to a g29 now and it doesnt feel the same . I have messed with the degrees (rotation) but i think i have messed it up possibly made it worse.

Could you all please tell me the rotation settings and any other settings that you use .

Thanks for sharing .

Where did you change the settings? On pc?

Mine on GTS has weak FFB but rotates precisely matching the cockpit view.

Yes i changed settings on the pc . I changed the rotation to 180 but i am not sure it had any effect. If it had any effect it wasnt good

Yes i changed settings on the pc . I changed the rotation to 180 but i am not sure it had any effect. If it had any effect it wasnt good

Does changing it on PC just affect the Logitech gaming software profile? I'd be surprised if you could actually update the firmware in the wheel this way. Would make all pre-owned wheels a pain for a start.

http://support.logitech.com/en_my/a...ch-Gaming-Software?product=a0qi0000006PmxKAAS

As settings can be made PER GAME according to above link they MUST be made on PC only not the actual wheel. Hope this helps a little.

NOTE: The operating range can be adjusted between 40 and 900 degrees, in 10 degree increments. The default setting is 900 degrees

Does changing it on PC just affect the Logitech gaming software profile? I'd be surprised if you could actually update the firmware in the wheel this way. Would make all pre-owned wheels a pain for a start.

http://support.logitech.com/en_my/a...ch-Gaming-Software?product=a0qi0000006PmxKAAS

As settings can be made PER GAME according to above link they MUST be made on PC only not the actual wheel. Hope this helps a little.

NOTE: The operating range can be adjusted between 40 and 900 degrees, in 10 degree increments. The default setting is 900 degrees
Oh man! Thank you for that link. It showed me the G29 has a two year warranty. I didn't know than so I've sent them an email with my faulty G29 description. Got an email back with a case number.

Oh man! Thank you for that link. It showed me the G29 has a two year warranty. I didn't know than so I've sent them an email with my faulty G29 description. Got an email back with a case number.

That's awesome! Be interested to hear how that goes. Mine is almost 2 years old I think but still working OK (touch wood)

That's awesome! Be interested to hear how that goes. Mine is almost 2 years old I think but still working OK (touch wood)

Late reply on how this went due to me only getting sorted out today. They didn't get back to me. I then got an email after the warranty had expired asking how I'd got on with costumer services.

My reply was that I hadn't been contacted by customer services at all and I was disappointed with them as they had a reputation for good customer services. They replied asking for my name and address. I provided these.

I then got a reply today giving me a UPS reference number with my new wheel! Expected delivery date 27th December.

Late reply on how this went due to me only getting sorted out today. They didn't get back to me. I then got an email after the warranty had expired asking how I'd got on with costumer services.

My reply was that I hadn't been contacted by customer services at all and I was disappointed with them as they had a reputation for good customer services. They replied asking for my name and address. I provided these.

I then got a reply today giving me a UPS reference number with my new wheel! Expected delivery date 27th December.

Now that's what I call good customer services !

Update day. Received my new G29 today! Everything works out of the box. Happy days. Nice that they would do that with so little of the warranty left when I contacted them.

Back