Selectively blocking updates

• Thread starter Thechord
  • 0 comments
Thechord
Hello all,

I live in a part of the world where you'll pay half of your salary for a 4 MB connection. And even then, the connection will still be terrible. Imagine having to play COD4, Halo, or any other game with constant second delays. needless to say, it is something you grow accustomed to.

The EU version of GT5P came out, officially, on the 27th in the UAE, Dubai. I already had the JPN version but was willing to spend some more just so I can get it in English.

Before the official release date I had the same problems as anyone else updating the JPN version of the game. Eventually it would update but it would take several attempts.

SPEC II roles along and with it a disturbing revelation. Every time I accept the update the game displays the "preparing download" box, infinitely. I popped in the JPN version and the same results.

a friend from a local forum, in Dubai, pointed out that when using a foreign or anonymous proxy server the game starts the actual download. Fooling the game or the ps3 into thinkking that its in a different region seems to work.

is it possible that Polyphony Digital have gimped the ability to download the update for certain regions in the world?

Back