• 32 comments

Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez
Had an awesome online race? Great pass on some AI? Lucked out in a championship? Send me your replays (export from Gallery into Save data folder, copy to a thumbdrive, upload to computer, send to me over filer uploading service like MediaFire or Mega) and I will put them in a future upcoming community video project.

Please attach a description of what the race, pass, or event, was about in your post here, along with a detailed description of where in the race it happened [total time, lap, driver(s)]. Also please let me know if your disc region is PAL or NTSC (although race replays are now region free, I just want to know for archival's sake).

We'll see how this pans out, thanks!

Last edited:
Well hell, to get a little more interest in this going, I'll let you guys know what this "project" is.

Pretty much, I'm going to be compiling video of the top races, battles, or passes, that were sent in for the month.

If I get assistance, this could be a bi-weekly thing too, just depends on the popularity.

If you're familiar with FPS "Top Plays" on Youtube, that's pretty much what I'm going for, here's a taste of the format:

Now image that, but with racing action with commentary provided by yours truly. I think it could be a lot of fun.

I had a blast racing in arcade professional with maxed AI driving stock ( racing brakes only ) Cizeta V16T at Bathurst - rain, weather 100%, comfort medium, no abs or other aids - it was intense all the way, but forgot to save the replay :( I will do some more races :)

Here's a nice online race I had a couple days ago on Aprico Hill.
These are all stock FR-S on racing soft tires.

There's a nice battle for the top 3 places.

If you want the file, i'll send it to you.

Thanks guys!

Here's a nice online race I had a couple days ago on Aprico Hill.
These are all stock FR-S on racing soft tires.

There's a nice battle for the top 3 places.

If you want the file, i'll send it to you.

Yes, definitely, send it my way.

Will do, have a awesome online replay, 4 laps at mout panorama with stock Megane Trophy, me and a friend of mine batlying for first the whole race till I spun in the last lap :banghead:

What a great idea!

I'm the kind of people who saves a lot of replays with something always going on in them. Take for example a spin while racing online and then a comeback from last to win by the nearest margins!

I had alot of these in Gt5 expect some replays coming your way then :)

I dont remember if I have a mediafire and I can't find out since I am shaped very few sites are opening.
So I will let it upload on here.

Track: Silverstone GP
Video Format: PAL
Description: Testing my funny car, so just roll with it.

Attachments

• BCJS37016-RPLY001.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Sorry to put a downer on this but imho there are no awesome replays in GT6, simply because they've all been ruined by PD forcing us to have driver names plastered above most of the cars. I used to love to watch replays, on You Tube, but mainly of Shuffle races I did in GT5. Can't stomach to watch them in GT6 though, except offline free runs. I hope they add the option to remove them in an update.

Got a replay saved, 10MB file for 2 lap race, Cizeta V16T, comfort medium, rain, 100% weather, 10 AI cars on Pro and slider at 10. But I have no service like megaupload or mediafire :( Is it possible to send via email ?

Like Grayfox said, and did, you guys don't even have to upload it to a secondary service, you can upload it to the forums directly in a post for me to download. But yeah, anything that allows me to get it.

Thanks Goruk and Grayfox for the first couple files!

Great idea, Wardez. 👍 I'll add today's fun to the list:

GTP_WRS Online : Parity Racing (Next Event Dec 28th and 29th, 2013)
(next races start about 13hrs from now)

Brands Hatch Indy - 11 laps X 5 - this is race #2
Pick your car on CS or SH tires and go no faster than 53.000sec and 128mph/205kph on the straight
Nose-to-tail all day long 👍

brands-hatch-indy-circuit_3-jpg.93494

The whole race is a great watch, with very diverse car selections. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/76xol0mmuy2ivmh/GTP_WRS-OE_ParityRace2_BrandsHatchIndy.zip

I reckon I'll end up spending a good amount of time viewing this thread, may contribute a few replays myself once I've got this damn flu out of the way.

If we have capture cards, would it be easier to upload the actual video for you, or do you just want to keep it as the small replay file? I understand videos would take up a lot of space, but seems like it would save you a lot of time in the progress.

Like Grayfox said, and did, you guys don't even have to upload it to a secondary service, you can upload it to the forums directly in a post for me to download. But yeah, anything that allows me to get it.

Thanks Goruk and Grayfox for the first couple files!

I tried to attach the replay in the post, it says file is too large ( I have 10MB 2 laps replay ) :(

I tried to attach the replay in the post, it says file is too large ( I have 10MB 2 laps replay ) :(
That's the limit of the forum software. You'll need to make a dropbox or other account and link him to it.

Ho BTW, there´s a limit on the time/laps of the replays, a few days ago I was doing a 35 laps race at Monza and at the 25th lap we get a mesage saying something like this "replay is no longer recording".
It was a online race with wheather change and we were 6 or 7 guys, I realy can tell if the limit was laps, time or size of the replay, need more testing.

Ho BTW, there´s a limit on the time/laps of the replays, a few days ago I was doing a 35 laps race at Monza and at the 25th lap we get a mesage saying something like this "replay is no longer recording".
It was a online race with wheather change and we were 6 or 7 guys, I realy can tell if the limit was laps, time or size of the replay, need more testing.

That would be terrible. In GT5 you couldn't export very large replays, but at least you could keep them on your PS3, even if they were 2+ hours. Our standard online race duration in the WRS is about 55 minutes and if we couldn't get replays that would be a real pain. 👎 Do you still get the replay up to the point where it "stops" or does it just kill the entire ability to save it after the race?

That would be terrible. In GT5 you couldn't export very large replays, but at least you could keep them on your PS3, even if they were 2+ hours. Our standard online race duration in the WRS is about 55 minutes and if we couldn't get replays that would be a real pain. 👎 Do you still get the replay up to the point where it "stops" or does it just kill the entire ability to save it after the race?

I did´t try to save the replay, but I would say you can save till that point, maybe @Wardez can test that out on today Pure´s GT500/GT300 race

Got this from one of our WRS Admins regarding this replay issue:

We had this in the M4 race as well but everything was on the replay.
That is just a message, basically saying, you won't be able to export this replay from the PS3.

Hopefully Wardez can confirm after his race.

Here's mine... X2014jr. race at Brands Hatch :) Not very interesting, but I did manage some nice passes on the AI. I spun in the first lap and had to catch up in the remaining 2,5 laps.. If my wheel didn't 'reset' (it looses power sometimes, than resets or something) in the second to last corner of the final lap, I probably could've made the pass for the lead in the last corner and win, but the 'reset' of the wheel made me go wide a tiny bit, hit the gravel which slowed me down just enough to come second ~_~

Hope this link works :) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7383894/GT6/BCJS37016-RPLY005.zip
There were a few files in the folder, didn't know which you'd need, so I left them there just in case... oh and don't worry if it's not good enough to use.

Had an awesome online race? Great pass on some AI? Lucked out in a championship? Send me your replays (export from Gallery into Save data folder, copy to a thumbdrive, upload to computer, send to me over filer uploading service like MediaFire or Mega) and I will put them in a future upcoming community video project.

Please attach a description of what the race, pass, or event, was about in your post here, along with a detailed description of where in the race it happened [total time, lap, driver(s)]. Also please let me know if your disc region is PAL or NTSC (although race replays are now region free, I just want to know for archival's sake).

We'll see how this pans out, thanks!

Love doing replays, but I hardly ever re-watch them, I'm sure some of them have good moments.

In terms of time referencing, I've taken a photo from my latest replay (Ford Focus RS performing a scandinavian flick), and this is the exact moment, maybe off by 1 second, of when the flick begins, but there are multiple time references, so I was wondering for your records, which would be the correct number to give you? I've colour coded them Green, Orange and Light Blue (Top Right, Middle and Bottom respectively).

8yv1.jpg

If you're unsure, I've exported the replay, and I can give it to you so you could confirm that way as well.

That's great, just what I need.

Oh and guys, I'm looking more for like, particular highlights in a race, a great pass and such, not whole races. I'm trying to fit them in a top ten format that goes around ten minutes (under ten, ideally). The most I'd go is a really good last lap(s) battle or crazy start. If it's a situation where a guy gained a ton of places from the start, I'd cut it up so it shows each pass real quick and continues on.

That sort of thing.

Got this from one of our WRS Admins regarding this replay issue:

Hopefully Wardez can confirm after his race.

Yeah, that's all it is 👍

Yeah thanks, but that doesn't really answer my question, which time section is the one to quote from my picture?

Back