Sense8TV 

• Thread starter MeanElf
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
Solid Gone
MeanElf
One of the Netflix originals, the first season of twelve episodes became available on June the 5th this year. It's predominantly produced, directed and written by the Wachowskis and Michael Straczynski, a combination that works very well I think.

I watched half of the series last night as it's highly absorbing, beautifully done with a very refreshing look at some themes that have been skipped over by mainstream SF series such as sexuality, gender and religion.

It's not just about that though, the series premise is about eight apparent strangers from different places in the world who become linked telepathically and emotionally during the powerful opening scene - any more than that, you'll have to find out for yourselves.

I will warn that if anyone is uncomfortable with gay relationship portrayal, then you'll probably not like this as it is quite strongly represented, along with plenty of no-nonsense sexuality in general - as I say though, I found it all very refreshing.

I hope it does well as the Netflix Originals initiative is a good one to support and a viable counter measure for the stupidity behind the major networks cancellation policies.

Last edited:
Well, just finished watching the rest and that was an amazing, emotional ride of a proportion that beats even The Game of Thrones. Seriously, if you like(d) Heroes, this is what that series should, and probably wanted to be.

I can't believe that no one else here has picked up on this yet...

It's a bit different, but if the Netflix blurb enticed you, I think you'll probably enjoy.

I know, but every series I've seen so far from Netflix originals has been amazing. Then I saw the trailer and I added it without a doubt. Besides, Bae Doona is in the cast and.... well... :)
I confused her with Yunjin Kim for a moment :P but anyway. I don't know if they planned to continue the series with more seasons, but I'm still waiting a series that can match the ending of Six Feet Under. That ending was absolutely PERFECT. Completely different genre, but perfect.

Man! That Christmas special did exactly what it said on the tin. Grade A class: I am really looking forward to what season two will bring.

Second series is now up on Netflix, all of it.

The story is progressing into deeper territory now, adding new elements and further background. Great quote from the third episode: "...God intoxicated maniacs..." and a solid analogy about politicians by 'Van Damme'.

Hey, another fan! I thoroughly enjoyed both seasons, but it's a little awkward to watch with other people :crazy: Thankfully the 2nd season I binged on my own. It's such a roller coaster, I love it.

...It's such a roller coaster, I love it.
Yep, a lot of emotion in series two. True also, it's not something you can watch with your gran sat there on the sofa :lol:

I think that series three will be a lot more intense and action orientated judging by the series finale.

A reprieve! Not that the series appears to be wildly popular here but anyway, they are making a two hour finale. More details to follow.

Back