• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 5 comments

IfAndOr

Still here.
Premium
Seychelles
Shropshire
IfAndOr
During one of the past updates PD introduced the ability to have a proper qualifying session into the online racing options. Which was great. Race alone, race together, start from pits/last corner and a display of qualifying times - all good.

But... It's a pity PD have made it so the race directly follows on from the qualifying without the option of a break.

It would be better if qualifying could be run separately and the race started manually afterwards. This would give the drivers the chance to have a break between qualifying and the actual race.

It would also allow the possibility for anyone who may have joined the room late, the ability to join the race. Or if someone has had a disconnection during qualifying, they could rejoin the room and also be allowed to race.
Both of the above would have to start from the back of the grid but they would at least get to join in - especially useful for championships.

And it might also allow the for the saving of the qualifying laps for replay later - As per this suggestion.

Last edited:
During one of the past updates PD introduced the ability to have a proper qualifying session into the online racing options. Which was great. Race alone, race together, start from pits/last corner and a display of qualifying times - all good.

But... It's a pity PD have made it so the race directly follows on from the qualifying without a break.

It would be better if qualifying could be run separately and the race started manually afterwards. This would give the drivers the possibility of a break between qualifying and the actual race.

It would also allow the possibility for anyone who may have joined the room late, the ability to join the race. Or if someone has had a disconnection during qualifying, they could rejoin the room and also be allowed to race.
Both of the above would have to start from the back of the grid but they would at least get to join in - especially useful for championships.

And it might also allow the possibility of saving the qualifying laps for replay later - As per this suggestion.

Maybe they could also add an option that would give the host the power to allow or forbid setup changes between Q and race?

Edit: Actually, I was disappointed about something else when we raced the Mallet special at Silverstone I think. It's been a while so I'm not sure about the race but anyways, I tried to go around the rule by running a single fast lap in Q on soft tires, before pitting and changing to medium compound on the next Q lap. By finishing the Q session on SM tires, I hoped I'd keep them when on the grid but sadly, it didn't work...

Last edited:

But... It's a pity PD have made it so the race directly follows on from the qualifying without a break.

It would be better if qualifying could be run separately and the race started manually afterwards. This would give the drivers the chance to have a break between qualifying and the actual race.

And it might also allow the for the saving of the qualifying laps for replay later - As per this suggestion.
Special thanks to the guys from S.A.C. for reacting and supporting Pauls' suggestion! :bowdown: 👍 👍 👍
:cheers:

Back