September 18th - Sierra Discovery - 400PP - 1H EnduranceFinished 

France
Thionville
Flying_Kefran
Circuit de la Sierra 1H Endurance

Youtube Video from Shirrako

A fun and clean race with easy and relatively slow cars to discover GT6's newest track ;)

Format (UK Time)
Thursday 18th September
8:30pm - Room opens.
8:45pm - 15minute Qualifying.
9:00pm - 1hour Endurance Race.

Qualifying Settings

Pit Lane Start
Race alone

Race Settings

Weather - Dry
Time: Day time
Boost - Off
Penalty - Weak
Tyre/Fuel depletion - Normal
Grip reduction - Real
Minimum pit stops required - 1
Visible damage - Off
Mechanical Damage - Off
Slipstream Strength - Real

Car Restrictions
Type - Production Road car
PP Limit - 400
Tyre - CS (Confort Soft)
NOS - Prohibited
Tuning allowed
Lotus cars prohibited
Tommy Kaira ZZ-S allowed but should be set to 395 PP

12267747484_39f99579ea_n.jpg
12267305635_ebea4334b3_n.jpg

Driving Aids

Driving line - Prohibited
Skid recovery - Prohibited
Active steering - Prohibited
ASM - Prohibited
Traction Control - Prohibited
ABS - Available

Regulations

Clean driving, fairplay and fun.
Track limit: always keep at least 2 wheels on the track (white lines and kerbs are considered as part of the track)
To sign up please leave your:
PSN:
CAR/Number(If used):

ENTRY LIST

1. Flying Kefran / Car tbd
2. aboe_83 / Autobacs Garaiya '02 (tbc)
3. OpticZero / Car tbd
4. TEAMWorkPLEASE / Car tbd
5. Disqualp / Car tbd
6. Jonnio / Tbc

Last edited:
Might be able too. Only thing would be the time zone difference (the race would be at 5:30AM East. Australia time). I'll need to think about it.

Sign me up provisionally to take part - defo need to get to grips with this newcomer to the GT family and this type of event looks like exactly the type to help do just that.

Probably gonna run in the Autobacs Garaiya '02 as it's the first which comes to mind right now, plus I think I have a decent tune on it which makes it quite fun to drive atm, so I'll hop in that for this one.

:cheers:

I found a replacement wheel so I can drive !!! I have as much feeling with it as a an iron but that does the job anyway :rolleyes:

It is very fun to discover this new track. That reminds me when I learnt the Nordschleiff back at gt4 time or Positano in Forza 3. I love long tracks.

It is better that we drive 400pp cars on Thursday, I have not yet done a lap without crashing myself :lol:

Would that be 4:00pm Eastern US time? If so, put me down for a maybe, if that's ok. I'll work it my details in a little bit.

Welcome.
For Eastern US, there is a 5 hours difference with UK so you are right.

I opened a 400pp practice lobby yesterday evening and let it open a few hours to see what pace people were driving while I watched soccer (Champion's league is back :dunce:).

Everybody is still discovering the track and still crash a lot ! There were only a few laps below 11'40 even if it seems possible to be significantly faster than that.

Last edited:
4pm will actually work perfect for me. not sure which vehicle, but driver number will be #50 and i'll probably drive something stock with all the suspension works on it so it handles real nice so i can get the corners down faster. See ya tomorrow!

go6
4pm will actually work perfect for me. not sure which vehicle, but driver number will be #50 and i'll probably drive something stock with all the suspension works on it so it handles real nice so i can get the corners down faster. See ya tomorrow!

👍 Cool.

I also registered @Disqualp as he should be with us tomorrow.

I am considering setting a 5 laps race instead of one hour endurance format. 5 laps will probably last just below one hour (57-59 minutes ? ) for the fastest drivers so it could become close to 1h10 when they cross the finish line at the end of lap 6... and for the other drivers, they will still have to complete their lap.

Just a quick reminder: To get access to Sierra in Arcade, time attack or multiplayer, you need to do the Sierra rally event (below The lunar thing and Senna challenges in the main GT6 menu) and gold the first event (the one with Mini). It is very easy, you just have to avoid contacts with the AI cars and everything should be fine (beter lose 1 second than hit a car). You can put the driving line on, it is even easier that way when you drive the track for the first time.

Last edited:
We did a lap race test with @Disqualp and @go6... The laps last between 11 and 12 minutes and I think we were all in the same situation:

0-2 mins: We know what we are doing (more or less)
3-4 mins: We start to watch the map regularly to know if next turn is left or right
5-7 mins: We watch the map before each turn to know how it looks
8-10 mins: We are totally lost ! Every turn we do not end in grass, sand or wall is a victory
11-12 mins: Where is the finish line ?!!!?????

:D:D:D

I'll be using a front wheel drive Honda Fit 2010 rs. I have already equipped it and tested the suspension and gear ratios. I can now achieve a lap time of 11:30:006!

go6
I'll be using a front wheel drive Honda Fit 2010 rs. I have already equipped it and tested the suspension and gear ratios. I can now achieve a lap time of 11:30:006!
Much better than the 12:06:××× that we did during our 1 lap race ! :lol:

I think we are far away from what can be done...

I agree, as a matter of fact its going to take a long time to get this course down. Nurburgring was interesting trying to get consistent lap times, lets see how consistent we can be on this 16 mile course!

edit: I have posted some information leading into 2015 for (Category 3 Racing). I think you will fancy one of the MR race cars very much. The specs are listed, everything else on the cars may be tuned. I need some colors and Driver number before January so I can update the Stats sheet respectively. Their is also an entire schedule laid out already, some nice long courses but many many more short courses to make the traffic interesting.

I'm still not 100% if I'll be able to make it. I'm going to try my darnedest, but not super sure yet. The wife took the day off work to do some running around, so that means that I need to go running around too.

Been getting in a few laps with my little Garaiya - actually starting to like this track... it has some nice flowing corners that, when taken reasonably well, feel fun to tackle. Still a way to go before 'knowing' it, but edging closer to being able to recognise certain parts of it.

Not sure the car I have is competitive enough to make a race of it as it's quite underpowered compared to most 400-500PP cars, but I've managed to get it feeling fun to drive, which has been the main goal this week.

See you soon 👍

Hey guys.

Sorry to bail out like that, but I just felt that the race was becoming tiresome. Perhaps it should have been run as an actual practise session instead, but nm. I think that it was lacking the 'fun' part and was perhaps a little too 'competitive', for such an event on such a track - just my thoughts.

Well done, I'm sure, to Kefran, who seemed the best prepped for tonight's event. Perhaps once I know the track a little better I'll join for another race, if planned.

Hey guys.

Sorry to bail out like that, but I just felt that the race was becoming tiresome. Perhaps it should have been run as an actual practise session instead, but nm. I think that it was lacking the 'fun' part and was perhaps a little too 'competitive', for such an event on such a track - just my thoughts.

Well done, I'm sure, to Kefran, who seemed the best prepped for tonight's event. Perhaps once I know the track a little better I'll join for another race, if planned.

My mistakes... :rolleyes:

1/ We should have done multiple 1 lap races (3 or 4) with no qualifiers instead, it would have been more fun.
2/ My car was definitely too fast. Sorry for that, It was not my objective to be in this situation. The MR2 is just the latest 400pp car I tuned for my garage so I drove it. As I had not really done laps without crashing before the race, I had not measured how good it was on Sierra (I still crashed 3 times during qualifiers :rolleyes:). By the way, the tune is in my garage right now... enjoy (Thionville Performance Center).

... but anyway we had 4 finishers: Congrats guys :bowdown:

15281994275_89c5e02033_z.jpg

15095236539_2fc881b1e2_z.jpg

Best lap in 10'47.xxx :eek: :lol:

Last edited:
Back