Series Races Glitch?

• Thread starter Cj13411
  • 9 comments
United States
United States
I have a serious problem. I'm going trough Gran Turismo 3 for the first time and I cannot finish any series races when I choose them. When I choose a series race it just takes me to the next race. For example, The TVR Tuscan Professional race always starts me off with Trial Mountain II when I click on "Series Race". I have all of the races finished in gold except the series race!! I can't win the cars I need to get me through the game. I need the Speed 12 because no car I build can beat the 787B's top speed on any of the test course races. The speed 12 appears to go over 220mph. Every car I build goes to 207mph and I can't win those test course races. Do I need to complete all of the races in order and then it takes me to the series race last when I don't skip any races? Can't get in a single series race. Please help... This glitch happens on any championship that starts with a series race. I cannot progress.. Has anyone has this problem, and do I need to trash this save and start all over?

Last edited:
The TVR Tuscan Professional race always starts me off with Trial Mountain II when I click on "Series Race". I have all of the races finished in gold except the series race!!
Selecting the series race does all of the races, one after the other, in a championship format. Once you finish one race, it will take you straight to the next one. You need to complete this in order to win the series.

So I can do all these races again in order even after finishing them and I'll get a trophy for the series race and get my car then?

Basically, you're supposed to do the championship rather than the individual races. They won't award you anything by themselves iirc. They're here so that if you don't gold one during the championship, you can do them individually without having to replay the others.

Surely you can't have gotten to the Professional league without having done any championships as a series and winning the trophies for them in the lower categories?

Is it just this championship that's acting oddly or have you tried others?

Surely you can't have gotten to the Professional league without having done any championships as a series and winning the trophies for them in the lower categories?

Is it just this championship that's acting oddly or have you tried others?

I kept winning the Amateur Skyline GTR race over and over again to gain money relatively easy and fast to build cars for handling the professional championships. No, I have gone most of the game not doing championships yet. This is my first playthrough. That's why I wanted to ask someone if something was wrong, I wasn't sure. Have a better and faster way to make money in GT3? I'd like to know. Thank you!

I kept winning the Amateur Skyline GTR race over and over again to gain money relatively easy and fast to build cars for handling the professional championships. No, I have gone most of the game not doing championships yet. This is my first playthrough. That's why I wanted to ask someone if something was wrong, I wasn't sure. Have a better and faster way to make money in GT3? I'd like to know. Thank you!

Ah I see, you haven't done any championships yet. That wasn't explained. But yes, if you go to the "Series Race" icon and click on that the game will take you to each of the races one after the other like a championship. Just give it a shot in the Beginners Hall.

The slight drawback is you then have to go through all of them until you have finished, you can't stop after two races say and go and do another race or change car and then come back and continue with your championship. This can be a bit daunting in some of the longer championships in the Professional Hall but you do get a bonus cash prize for completing the championship too.

I can't remember if you can even save before or after a race and postpone the championship by switching off the PS to give yourself a break if you need it, not that you will, or was that system only introduced for GT4? It's been a long time since I've had GT3 on.

Hope this helps you and good luck with it.

Ah I see, you haven't done any championships yet. That wasn't explained. But yes, if you go to the "Series Race" icon and click on that the game will take you to each of the races one after the other like a championship. Just give it a shot in the Beginners Hall.

The slight drawback is you then have to go through all of them until you have finished, you can't stop after two races say and go and do another race or change car and then come back and continue with your championship. This can be a bit daunting in some of the longer championships in the Professional Hall but you do get a bonus cash prize for completing the championship too.

I can't remember if you can even save before or after a race and postpone the championship by switching off the PS to give yourself a break if you need it, not that you will, or was that system only introduced for GT4? It's been a long time since I've had GT3 on.

Hope this helps you and good luck with it.

You can suspend races on the screen after the race is over, and you can continue the championship another time

You can suspend races on the screen after the race is over, and you can continue the championship another time

Thanks for confirming that for me. 👍

Not something I would have used at the time I was playing GT3 seeing as I was 12-14. I had time for doing a championship all in one go! Now sometimes I 'm luck to get one race done!:lol:

Back