Server problems still?

  • Thread starter Thread starter marinerman3
  • 28 comments
  • 1,982 views
Messages
36
Messages
marinerman3
Is Sony still having problems with the North American servers? I have not been able to get on since I first purchased game. I can gift a car to a friend, receive my birthday car, which is today. Since they are down will I even get a birthday car?

Thanks.
 
I've no problems with the european server since the update. Don't know about the American servers.
 
Yeah, this sucks, I am on the network, but its still the same problem with the game trying to connect. If its Sony's issue still, I will wait it out, but I would like to know if I have missed my shot at the birthday car if I can not get on today.
 
yeh i am getting the same connection issue on game start.

i got the 2 gift cars from pre ordering the game at gamestop and because of this issue those 2 gift cars are not being available in my garage.

I would like to drive my stealth mclaren at some point this weekend.

💡
 
Oh hey, I can't get online either but in terms of the Gamestop pre-order cars

Go to PSN Store, Redeem Codes, enter the code you got (BTW, GAMESTOP SUCKS, So if they didn't give you a code you need to go back and force it out of a cashier, preferably with a baseball bat) and you'll download two cars, the NASCAR and the Stealth McLaren. Next time you go into the game they will be in your garage.

But,... I can't get into online lobbies either even though my GT5 online features are working.
 
I've never once been able to connect.

"A connection to the server could not be established."

It's a bit galling to say the least when I read everyone else's comments about the online side of GT5. How can they connect but I can't? :grumpy:
 
Fatkev I feel the same way man

I put my PS3 on a DMZ and I'm now able to use the online features (Send cars, profiles, exc), but I cannot see any lobbies/join a game.

I'm sorry I'm a huge GT fan but a console game should work when you slip in the disk. The average joe is not going to know how to Port Forward and DMZ exc...
 
Bearcut:

I saw the earlier discussion where you were advised to set up DMZ, so I did it too. Can log into PSN no problem, but still no GT5 connection.

As sucky things go, it's fairly sucky. :irked:
 
It's just plain weird, I am just hoping it get some kind of fix and soon. I ran out of options messing with my router... I might try the direct modem connection again but it's such a pain I have to reset my entire five device network everytime I do that.
 
To be honest mate, going to such extremes shouldn't be necessary.
 
I was having a huge amount of trouble connecting to the game servers as well until i switched to wired net connection.
I don't know if this is really a fix, or my wireless just sucks, but after the switch not only did my psn and dmz still work normally but in addition gt5 went online and i could access all the community features and race in friends lobbies which was hanging before.
Might be worth noting for those on a wireless connection.
 
Really...hmmm...haven't checked online after the update, but played online before 1.02 and everything was smooth like butter. Had some major fun karting on Autumn Mini.
 
I was having a huge amount of trouble connecting to the game servers as well until i switched to wired net connection.
I don't know if this is really a fix, or my wireless just sucks, but after the switch not only did my psn and dmz still work normally but in addition gt5 went online and i could access all the community features and race in friends lobbies which was hanging before.
Might be worth noting for those on a wireless connection.

I'm on a wireless connection.

But why would that matter when I can access GT5:Prologue's online facility easily? Indeed, why would it matter when I can easily log into PSN?
 
I'm on a wireless connection.

But why would that matter when I can access GT5:Prologue's online facility easily? Indeed, why would it matter when I can easily log into PSN?

It's completely beyond me why it made a difference for my setup. I've had good connections with other games like COD but with GT5 wireless wasn't cutting it even though i was connected to PSN. :confused:
 
I'm having the same trouble here in the UK, it was working but now it doesn't display any of my friends who are online. I have read that It might be an issue at peak times which is when I play, it should be resolved soon.
 
I was having a huge amount of trouble connecting to the game servers as well until i switched to wired net connection.
I don't know if this is really a fix, or my wireless just sucks, but after the switch not only did my psn and dmz still work normally but in addition gt5 went online and i could access all the community features and race in friends lobbies which was hanging before.
Might be worth noting for those on a wireless connection.

Took your advice and hooked up a CAT5 to my router. Logged into PSN no problems, went to load up GT and guess what. . . ?

Nada. Nicht. Nul. Niet. Zero.

"A connection to the server could not be established."
 
I GOT ONLINE!!! :D

Here's what I did:

I checked my router and noted that the MTU was set for 1492. This didn't match the 1500 that the PS3 is set to, so I dropped the PS3's MTU to 1492 and it connected!

Now, maybe there was some sort of server update that coincided, but give it a try folks if you still can't get online.
 
Ever since release, I could never establish a connection to the servers, even after the 1.02 update. So I can't do the birthday gift car thing, or connect online. I'm double checking my ports, but they worked fine with prologue. I'm also going to check out that MTU thing
 
I don't know how to do all that router stuff.

I have no problems with GT5P and other games online but have never connected to the server with GT5. I'm not too worried about online at the moment, I'm just sick of waiting for 3x2minutes every time I start the game.
 
I don't know how to do all that router stuff.

I have no problems with GT5P and other games online but have never connected to the server with GT5. I'm not too worried about online at the moment, I'm just sick of waiting for 3x2minutes every time I start the game.

I usually sign out of PSN right away, so I don't have to wait for it.
 
My game is usa and' dont have any problems , i played from Brazil!
 
Did the MTU thing work?

I'm still trying to find where it's located on my router's web interface. Nothing showed up on its configuration file, when finding 'MTU'. Otherwise, I might start with 1460 and work my way up on the PS3.
 
Yep, that's the way I would do it. I believe as long as the PS3's MTU is set lower or equal to the router's MTU it should work. It's all about fine-tuning for stability then.

Good luck man. :)
 
Thanks for the tips Kev. I'm not sure if the PS3's MTU is the cause of my problem because I was playing online fine until yesterday, but I'll try it anyway :)
 
I would like to make my first post and add that I also have not been able to connect since game was released.

I am in the US and network is NAT2 same setup as GT5P.
I have cleared network cache in GT5 setup menu and verified my ports and IPs are all setup the same. I have no problems with any other games.

I don't understand why there are not tons of threads like this???
This is driving me freaking crazy!!! I want to see the online stuff!

-JB
 
Back