Servers shutdown prediction

Poland
Poland
So Gran Turismo 7 is finally released and here comes the question - when will GT Sport servers be shutdown? Well, let's analyze when did the server shutdowns for the PS3 Gran Turismos happen. GT5 servers were shut down May 30th, 2014, over 6 months after the release of GT6 which was December 6th, 2013. GT6 servers were shut down March 28th, 2018, over 6 months after the release of GT Sport which was October 17th, 2017.

So based on that knowledge, GT Sport servers will probably be shut down 6 months after the release of GT7 and if GT7 released on March 4th, the servers closure for GT Sport would probably happen in September 2022.

And now the question is, will Polyphony leave GT Sport unplayable after the servers shutdown or will they release an update that makes the game functional offline?

And when will daily races disappear from GT Sport?

Last edited:
Depends how sensitive PD are to the criticism being aimed at GT7 online and whether/how they react to it. Doing nothing will lose them a large number of GTS players who may not transit to GT7 should they close GTS.

My guess is that it may well be the end of the year at the earliest. That said, it is worth noting that next weeks races do seem to be published later since GT7 launched.

Servers are back but I have been experiencing glitches in the lobby....after practice the race starts but the screen stays black....no way out of it but exit app...not good.

Personally I can't wait to see when they do shut the servers down only to see the internet reaction. Will there be a backlash? Will PD do anything to preserve the SP part of the game? I'm guessing no to both, and so the cycle of always online continues. But that's fine we have the next shiny game to move on to.

Last edited:
Personally I can't wait to see when they do shut the servers down only to see the internet reaction. Will there be a backlash? Will PD do anything to preserve the SP part of the game? I'm guessing no to both, and so the cycle of always online continues. But that's fine we have the next shiny game to move on to.
If they don't patch it to allow for offline saves for campaign mode, than I will boycott the series and never support it again. Screw that nonsense....I'm personally back to playing GT Sport since GT7 is a fail and I don't plan to play it. Sold my copy.

Last edited:
I think the Gran Turismo Sport will shutdown over until 2023 since

The Gran Turismo 5 shutdown in 2014 because Gran Turismo 6 was released in 2013 and that means this will be next year after Gran Turismo 6 is released

Then Gran Turismo Sport was released in 2017 and when in 2018 or maybe in the previous year after the Gran Turismo Sport is released that makes Gran Turismo 6 shut down the servers.

So I think this will be in 2023 but not maybe 2022 because that's maybe a wrong answer to me.

Last edited:
Back