Set Up Help

• Thread starter BRP17
  • 6 comments
TeamBRP
I'm trying to learn how to set my cars up instead of relying on other sets.
I had a set for Lime Rock in the Legends that got me into the 59's.
Took the Road Race set and lowered the ride height as far as I could.
That set did not work at all @ Charlotte.
I'm working on Okayama and have dropped tire pressure to 20 all the way around. Temps are in the 170 range.

This can be a daunting task, learning to setup a car. I used others for 1 1/2 years and slowly modified them for myself. I run the Riley DP. One thing I can tell you is don't worry about it. What is fast for one driver is crap for me. My driving style affects how I setup a car. Best advice is use the baseline and tweak it it until you're happy with it.

This can be a daunting task, learning to setup a car. I used others for 1 1/2 years and slowly modified them for myself. I run the Riley DP. One thing I can tell you is don't worry about it. What is fast for one driver is crap for me. My driving style affects how I setup a car. Best advice is use the baseline and tweak it it until you're happy with it.

Especially with the FW-31, hardest car to set up.. Yet every change iRacing makes breaks all the old setups, making it hard for me to run it..

That's what I have been doing for the most part.
The majority of the sets on the forum are way to loose for me.
I just thought getting a car as low as possible without dragging would be the way to start.
Then play with tire temps. I'm clueless when it comes to cast and camber, I'll be working on that next.
I really wish the Tire Temp info was live instead of having to hit ESC or pit to check.

I'm clueless when it comes to cast and camber, I'll be working on that next.
The best way to combat this is to read the description carefully when hovering the cursor over the camber/castor. Then only very minimal changes, maybe adjust the front camber from 2.1 to 2.2. Do some laps and see if it makes a improvement or not.

Do this for all changes your unsure about. This takes a very long time, maybe a whole online practice session but at the end of it you'll have a set that is perfect to you.

Back