Set up problems.

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 10 comments

McLaren

Premium
United States
Texas
Sorry for posting a n00b post. :nervous:

Anyways, I am trying to set-up my DFP to the comp.
I did this...

1) Downloaded the program from Logitech from Darin's thread to make it work on the PC.
2) Ran program and hooked up the DFP USB to USB port.
3) Finished program, no problems found.
4)Started GTR
5)Set to Wheel
And then the problems came.

The wheel works fine along with X for Up Shift
and Square for DownShift.

But the pedals do not work. Nothing on the wheel controls the throttle or brake.
I hope someone can help walk me through the process.
Thank you GTPers. :)

RSCosworth
Did you set up the proper buttons (pedals) for i.e. throttle and brake in GTR? If not, do that first.
It shows Y+, Y-, X+. X-, and then JOYxxx.
If I click something, it switces to JOYB11 automatically, and the full throttle or brake comes up all the way.... :indiff:

In the Wingman software, have you set the pedals on different axis?
(Sorry, I have the Finnish version so not sure about the translations but I'll give it a shot)
Preferences->General Preferences (Same place where you can change the FF settings, and the steering lock)

Then, untick the box that says "Combine the pedals on the same axis."

After that, try setting up the wheel on GTR again.

RSCosworth
In the Wingman software, have you set the pedals on different axis?
(Sorry, I have the Finnish version so not sure about the translations but I'll give it a shot)
Preferences->General Preferences (Same place where you can change the FF settings, and the steering lock)

Then, untick the box that says "Combine the pedals on the same axis."

After that, try setting up the wheel on GTR again.

So all I need to do is download the Wingman program, and edited the axis' there?
Will do... :)

You can download it here .
It's quite a lot better than the software that's available for download at Logitech. This software identyfies the wheel as a DFP instead of the old DF, and you can adjust the steering lock with this.

RSCosworth
You can download it here .
It's quite a lot better than the software that's available for download at Logitech. This software identyfies the wheel as a DFP instead of the old DF, and you can adjust the steering lock with this.
Alright thanks! :dopey:

EDIT: I already have downloaded and went through the whole calibrate and detect and insert things.

Now, how do I open it up after closing it? Cause if I go and open up the W Icon in the Profiler, I get DF wheel.... :indiff:

Was it that particular software? That newer software detects the wheel as DFP and not as a DF so you need to update/replace the older software with that in the link.

And I'm not quite sure what's your problem now, as you're asking how to open the software and on the next sentence you're saying your succesfully opened it :D If you want it to show up as a DFP, you need to install that newer software.

And I just noticed that there's almost a 12 hour difference between the posts, because we're never online at the same time :D

Well, we rarely are.

Anyways, it said it was uninstalling old software, then installed it. Next, came the insert device, detected it, told me to move the wheel and that and said Completed with Device Is Ready in that small Grey and White Box.

Now, how do I make it so that I can edit the Axis'?

I made a pic for the Wingman software, I've got the Finnish version but it should be the same.

After you're done that, go to GTR and recalibrate/set up the keys again and see if it works.

Oh, and do you have this problem only with GTR? Have you tried other games?

RSCosworth
I made a pic for the Wingman software, I've got the Finnish version but it should be the same.

After you're done that, go to GTR and recalibrate/set up the keys again and see if it works.

Oh, and do you have this problem only with GTR? Have you tried other games?
Well, believe it or not, but with the DF in Profiler, it says, Play Real War now or even MS Flight Simulator 2004.

Where the hell am I going to use a wheel in a strategy War game or flying a plane? :lol:

Thanks for that. I'll check it out ASAP and let you know how it went. :)
Edit: It works!
But leaves 1 problem on the brake. The brake still appears to be down.... :crazy: Its not that problem encountered with GT4 as it still works in GT4....but the set-up recognizes the brake as implied...but thank for your help! :) :) :cheers:

Back