Setting up a rubbish car for online.

• Thread starter garybee
  • 7 comments
GTP_garybee
Could do with a bit of advice with this one.

If you intend to race one of the lower end cars online how can you set it up? As the performance of the cars are equalised during the race the poorer cars will have much more power/grip while racing then they will in the TT part of the game. So if you set the car up based on it's performance 'offline' then you will be sat on the limiter on the straights when 'online'.

What's the best way round this?

I think it depends on the mode. If I'm doing a 3 lap quick race I use the engineer's presets. If it is a long mode, you can tinker a bit, but I'm not sure about using your full-on setups you've developed. I take it you've tried your setup online and it didn't behave as you expected?

The speeds in the Lotus/Virgin etc are so different between online and offline modes that if you use the engineer's setup you spend a good portion of the straights sat on the limiter. I haven't bothered making my own setups, this is just using the defaults. In practice it means that there is still a handicap the 'lower' teams.

Try time trials in a redbull Mclaren and save your quickest setups. I save mine with the name of car it's designed for. I.E. Redbull dry.

If cars are set to equal performance just put that setup onto your lotus etc.

I'm not sure on this tbh. Because cars are physically different by nature. Wheelbase being one of them. It's something I would like to know more about for sure.

I'll have to check and get back to you. I'm waiting for the real race to start lol.

Same here, just passing time while they faff about deciding when to start. I don't think you can anyway. Tried another car yesterday and a previously saved setup wasn't available :-(

Back