Setting up my PS4. What Wheel and Game/Sim to choose?PS4 

• Thread starter Oobs
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hey hey,

Always been into racing games but never had a wheel and never raced online, but now it’s time to join in.

I have a PS4 so want to use this.

Wheel:
First step is choosing a wheel. Not sure what wheel to go for. Logitech G29 seems common and better than both the Thrustmaster T150 & T300. Any thoughts here? Don’t really want to be spending more than £250.

Game/Sim:
It seems the tie up is between, GT Sport, PC2 and AC. I have the first PC and enjoy the range of cars and races. I’ve been luck enough to go to Le Mans a few times so do enjoy the endurance series, especially the Le Mans night race. However I’m really keen to get into regular online races and not sure if there is any difference in number of people on the different versions? Don’t want to buy one to find out no one plays it anymore. Not sure if it’s asking too much but it would be good to have a nice breadth of cars and tracks too. Any thoughts here?

All help appreciate!

AC is a good game but relatively dead on consoles. PC2 still has a half decent public scene and a vibrant league/private room scene. GT Sport is doing very well as you'd expect.

As for wheels. It's all about budget in many ways - the T300 is functionally a much better wheel than the G29 but I find it hard to recommend due to so many reports of it shoddily built (I have one). I generally recommend a G29 (or 920 equivalent for Xbox) for any new racer interested in a first wheel as really you can't go wrong. They hold their value fairly well also so can easily be sold later if and when you decide to upgrade.

AC is a good game but relatively dead on consoles. PC2 still has a half decent public scene and a vibrant league/private room scene. GT Sport is doing very well as you'd expect.

As for wheels. It's all about budget in many ways - the T300 is functionally a much better wheel than the G29 but I find it hard to recommend due to so many reports of it shoddily built (I have one). I generally recommend a G29 (or 920 equivalent for Xbox) for any new racer interested in a first wheel as really you can't go wrong. They hold their value fairly well also so can easily be sold later if and when you decide to upgrade.

Amazing thank you very much! Sounds like I'll stick to GT Sport and the G29.

Back