Settings for Soarer 2.5 GT-T VVT

• Thread starter 2thDr
  • 1 comments
United States
Clarksville, TN
I am on another GT1 streak and am stuck on controlling this car enough to win the hard tuned series. Has anyone done this? Does anyone have any insight onto how to control this thing? I get close, but can never really achieve any fun driving with it. It lumbers around and spins a lot if not controlled well. It jerks back and forth during turning. It doesn't turn very well. It has too much power in the low gears, yet lacks acceleration. I have thought about backing off my max turbo to control it better, but it gets even less acceleration when I do that. I went to Sports Wagons' logs and found nothing on this car. I may have incorrectly named the car also, there may be an i in there, can't remember, but anyone with insight on this knows which car I am talking about. Any insight is appreciated and attempts will be made to utilize the info well. Cheers.

In order to shed some light on where I am at, I wanted to clarify my previous post. First, my current settings:

SR- 11.6, 4.8
Ride Height- 118, 120
Damper- 5, 7
Camber- 1.2, 2.0
St- 5(h), 3(m)
Brakes- 14, 12

Gears:

4.027, 2.060, 1.290, .943, .714, 4.380

These have been fluctuating alot based on max speed needed and tweaks here and there. The gears were set on the 1000m test track. The car seems to be able to drift well sometimes and other times it will lose traction in the lower gears and pull to the side on exit. It definitely does not handle uneven track and terrain well. I have been playing with ride height a lot, whether to have the rear higher or lower than the front has been boggling me. I switch the tires from H,S to S,S to see how that works out. If I spin out, it has some turbo lag that can be a challenge. I have tied for 2nd on the HT series. I can win HSR and GVS, but I get tripped up in 2nd and 3rd places on AR and CSR5. I am definitely tanking on SSR11 though with only 5th place losses sealing my fate in the series. Sometimes when I drift into a turn it starts and then the front end kicks back and steers to the outside making the loss of traction on exit even worse and slowing it down a lot. I will no doubt continue working on this, my other side project has been the v-special roadster (miada), which drives nice, yet lacks the power to beat the sports cars in the tougher series. Cheers!

Latest Posts

Back