• 28 comments

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
Gran Turismo has always had great road feel FX, & I've just bought Assetto which which does also. However, the road in P CARS feels dead flat, the bumps just don't register through the wheels FFB.

Are there any settings that can bring them out?

That's not going to do it.. Well not for me it, Jack spades, didn't work for road "surface" feel. Seems only the few laser scanned tracks in the game have the road feel. Least that's what I've observed.

For road feel: You should increase Fz settings while holding others constant.

Fx: acceleration/braking feel
Fy: Cornering force feel
Fz: vertical force ( bumps, kerbs etc) which is road feel

To get even more road feel, increase to tire pressure a bit which is similar to real life.

For the in game settings, I use the classic FFB settings.
Adding the per car FFB in these files makes the difference for me.

Thrustmaster T300RS with the F1 wheel and G29 pedals.
Oh...duh. It is in your sig.

But interesting to know that. I use the exact same wheel and rim. I have these files loaded and I am trying to figure out if they're good for me or not.

Last night I drove the Lotus 40 with a couple of guys from our group and the steering on mine was so heavy I could hardly turn the wheel. Then we drove the Merc Sauber C9 and it was so light I could hardly feel anything. No one else there really felt anything unusual with either car.

My only complaint about driving that Audi R8 LMP is that the FFB is so light it can be difficult to feel what the front tires are doing. By comparison, driving the BMW LMR feels much heavier and gives me a better sense of where the front tires are and what they are doing.

I plan on tinkering with my FFB this evening and was curious to know what your experience is. Particularly with that Lotus 40 and Merc C9. The Lotus 40's FFB is so strong it was undriveable for me last night.

I change the FFB master spindle for every car until it feels right for me.
Like you said, some cars are heavy and others light, so I make adjustments per car until I'm happy.

After almost 2 years of playing PCARS, I've found these FFB settings, that are the best feel I've ever had.

Controls - Configuration
Steering Deadzone = 0
Steering Sensitivity = 50
Throttle Deadzone = 0
Throttle Sensitivity = 50
Brake Deadzone = 0
Brake Sensitivity = 35
Clutch Deadzone = 5
Clutch Sensitivity = 35
Speed Sensitivity = 0
Controller Filter Sensitivity = 0
Damper Saturation = 0
Force Feedback = 100
RPM/ Gear Display = Yes
Controller Input Mode = 3
Advanced = Off

FFB Calibration

Tire Force = 65
Per Wheel Movement = 0.00
Wheel Position Smoothing = 0.04
Deadzone Removal Range = 0.02
Deadzone Removal Falloff = 0.01
Linkage Scale = 0.00
Linkage Stiffness = 1.00
Linkage Damping = 1.00
Relative Adjust Gain = 1.20
Relative Adjust Bleed = 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp = 1.10
Scoop Knee = 0.72
Scoop Reduction = 0.35
Soft Clipping (Half Input) = 0.80
Soft Clipping (Full Input) = 1.29
Menu Spring Strength = 0.10
Low Speed Spring Coefficient = 0.50
Low Speed Spring Saturation = 0.75
Steering Gain = 0.75

Then adjust each car's spindle master to the strength you want.

I've been using the 66% settings from (I think) Jack Spades. I got it from Nova who is around here and the AC board. Those settings are for the individual cars but what you posted is the basic settings that fit everything.

I wonder if changing those settings but leaving the other stuff that I have will make a big difference.

Finally got around to having a fiddle with the per car FFB settings & managed to tease some feel out of the road. Was in the BMW M3 GT on Brands hatch, & got it feeling similar to GT & AC. Going to have a fiddle with the main wheel settings later on & see if I can coax some more feel out of it. It's only took me two years to sit down & do it.

VBR
Finally got around to having a fiddle with the per car FFB settings & managed to tease some feel out of the road. Was in the BMW M3 GT on Brands hatch, & got it feeling similar to GT & AC. Going to have a fiddle with the main wheel settings later on & see if I can coax some more feel out of it. It's only took me two years to sit down & do it.

Hi VBR..Can you give any little tips/settings as after playing GT6/AC lately like yourself and now going back to Project cars (I do really like the immersion)T300RS I also can't feel the road too well on the wheel. Any advice appreciated :cheers:

Edit: At last I just found some DS4-deadzone/sensitivity settings that work for me :D

Last edited:
Hi VBR..Can you give any little tips/settings as after playing GT6/AC lately like yourself and now going back to Project cars (which I do really like the immersion) it feels so different in all areas. I have struggled for a while now finding the right settings on DS4 (I have tried every set I come across and these vary from everyone so much, I would like a nice slow input like a GT6/Forza feeling) and on T300RS I also can't feel the road too well on the wheel. Any advice appreciated :cheers:

I don't play at all with a DS4 so can't help you there, although I seem to remember that @Scaff had some settings posted somewhere on here. As for the wheel, mine is tuned for the G29 which is way weaker than the T300RS, yours is a much better wheel & would need different settings. I'll post my settings here soon, & you can try them, but you will have to up the cars Master setting to get the most out of your wheel.

What I found after testing is that all the FFB options in the main menu are completely useless & add nothing to the experience, so they should be left on default. The only ones that are worth fiddling with are the per car FFB settings in the tuning menu.

Last edited:
VBR
I don't play at all with a DS4 so can't help you there, although I seem to remember that @Scaff had some settings posted somewhere on here. As for the wheel, mine is tuned for the G29 which is way weaker than the T300RS, yours is a much better wheel & would need different settings. I'll post my settings here soon, & you can try them, but you will have to up the tire force to get the most out of your wheel.

What I found after testing is that all the FFB options in the main menu are completely useless & add nothing to the experience, so they should be left on default. The only ones that are worth fiddling with are the per car FFB settings in the tuning menu.

Thanks VBR for the prompt reply 👍 I have now sorted the DS4 settings this morning (for the odd pick up and play game). I forgot you had the G29 :dunce:..I won't touch all the settings then! I am getting a bit frustrated with it all and keep coming out of the game to adjust, but it is very immersive and I enjoy it along side playing Assetto Corsa especially the brilliant Helmet cam and the Ginetta GT4 :cheers:

Thanks VBR for the prompt reply 👍 I have now sorted the DS4 settings this morning (for the odd pick up and play game). I forgot you had the G29 :dunce:..I won't touch all the settings then! I am getting a bit frustrated with it all and keep coming out of the game to adjust, but it is very immersive and I enjoy it along side playing Assetto Corsa especially the brilliant Helmet cam and the Ginetta GT4 :cheers:

Don't like helmet cam, & I hate the depth blur effect. My fav view is incar with the wheel removed.

Leave the main FFB settings on default, & just tune each car instead. This is the best advice given below:

For road feel: You should increase Fz settings while holding others constant.

Fx: acceleration/braking feel
Fy: Cornering force feel
Fz: vertical force ( bumps, kerbs etc) which is road feel

To get even more road feel, increase to tire pressure a bit which is similar to real life.

FX is longitudinal forces, FX is lateral forces, & FZ is vertical forces. So to get more bump feel, increase FZ, to get more resistance when turning increase FY. FX makes little difference in a stiff race car so I leave it. Once you have it set up, gradually increase or decrease the Master setting & go back on track & check the clipping meter, if the wave form readout is hitting the top & flattening out your wheel is clipping, turn it up or down until there is either absolutely no clipping or no discerible clipping. The default Master setting for each car is way too strong for the G29, all you get is clipping & thus no road feel. I had to lower that to 14 for the BMW M3 GT on my G29. And remember; most tracks haven't been laser scanned & have no bumps anyway, the only ones where you can really feel them is Brands & Oulton. Good luck!

Last edited:
I use helmet cam for something different really but I do turn off all blur effect and DOF..so I see clearly:sly: .>Thanks for this info I will get back to it later! :cheers:

@torque99 - Here are my settings. All you'll have to do is adjust the Master setting up until your T300RS wheel starts to clip, & then bring it down a notch. Clipping Meter is top left.

My G29 settings for the BMW M3 GT @ Brands Hatch GP (works well on Oulton Park too).

SPINDLE

Master = 14

FX = 100

FY = 126

FZ = 174

MZ = 126

FX Smoothing = 0

FY Smoothing = 10

FZ Smoothing = 30

MZ Smoothing = 10

Arm Angle = 4500

The car is totally untuned, & I've left the Body & SOP settings alone for now. As long as the main FFB Calibrtation options are on Default, it should work OK.

:D

Last edited:
@VBR I am still 'tweaking' my T300RS settings and I have had some success in getting the FFB I am looking for :sly:.. Some good advice there ^^ One track I have found that is good and has some good road Feedback is Sakitto Sprint. I was just messing around with the Merc AMG GT3 in helmet cam but if you look at the cars in front you can see the gradients in the road (Or shall I say bumps/crests as you do slam in the them). I am sure you have tried this track for testing as well as Brands/Oulton but I thought I would mention anyway 👍 (I took a video to show the bumps - 0.19s 0.33s 1.08-1.10s)

Last edited:
Not driven on Fauxzuka yet, or on most of the tracks in the game. Only started getting into it recently after I got my FFB working how I like it. Too many bugs to take the game seriously, but have had one or two good quick races at Brands Hatch GP in the BMW M3 GT. Glad your FFB is getting sorted too.

Last edited:
@torque99, try this...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=233037&d=1463175423

If that link doesn't work try this one, go to the bottom of GrimeyDogs post and open the PDF file he attached. These are the global settings I use and they work great for me. Sometimes I have to adjust spindle master scale per car up or down but this was a great help for me when I got started. Let me know if you need help. I'm using T300 on PS4.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38744-Lets-talk-FFB-PC-PS4-XBox1

After almost 2 years of playing PCARS, I've found these FFB settings, that are the best feel I've ever had.

Controls - Configuration
Steering Deadzone = 0
Steering Sensitivity = 50
Throttle Deadzone = 0
Throttle Sensitivity = 50
Brake Deadzone = 0
Brake Sensitivity = 35
Clutch Deadzone = 5
Clutch Sensitivity = 35
Speed Sensitivity = 0
Controller Filter Sensitivity = 0
Damper Saturation = 0
Force Feedback = 100
RPM/ Gear Display = Yes
Controller Input Mode = 3
Advanced = Off

FFB Calibration

Tire Force = 65
Wheel Position Smoothing = 0.04
Deadzone Removal Range = 0.02
Deadzone Removal Falloff = 0.01
Linkage Scale = 0.00
Linkage Stiffness = 1.00
Linkage Damping = 1.00
Relative Adjust Gain = 1.20
Relative Adjust Bleed = 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp = 1.10
Scoop Knee = 0.72
Scoop Reduction = 0.35
Soft Clipping (Half Input) = 0.80
Soft Clipping (Full Input) = 1.29
Menu Spring Strength = 0.10
Low Speed Spring Coefficient = 0.50
Low Speed Spring Saturation = 0.75
Steering Gain = 0.75

Then adjust each car's spindle master to the strength you want.

I'm happy I posted this and found it again.

I installed the original game on my new PC for some fun career racing.
I can run it on much higher settings than before and with triple screens now it's like playing it from scratch.
Getting those same smile inducing moments that I got the 1st time I played it.

I'll give these a try , after watching scaffs video earlier comparing PC 1 , 2 and 3 I bought 1 again lol.
I had it on my old xbox and now downloaded it on the Pro, really looking forward to getting back into it.

Back