Setup's Question? Help... Stuck...

• Thread starter Okami
  • 7 comments
I'm having a problem, I am not able to enter a race , its part of a tournament. It says I eccided horse power limit, How do I remove parts, and put back basic parts, BEFORE the race? and how do your setups save, instead of reseting all the time?

Go to a race that you can enter with that hp. Go to settings. Adjust parts until you have the hp that will allow you in the series you want. Exit the race, and then go the series you want to enter. ENJOY and good luck.

Actually, you're better off going to any one of the "Machine Test" tracks and doing the settings adjustments there.

If you go to a regular track to do the adjustments, you either have to do the race (at a big disadvantage, as you've just dropped your HP, and seriously risk losing), or quit the race (and get credited with a loss anyway). It's bad either way. The test tracks have no such liability - you can quit with no penalty.

The test tracks are accessed via the main menu - the same one with the East, West, etc., cities.

Good luck

GKP

Originally posted by Fogelhund
Go to a race that you can enter with that hp. Go to settings. Adjust parts until you have the hp that will allow you in the series you want. Exit the race, and then go the series you want to enter. ENJOY and good luck.

Thats what I do. I usually go to either the clubman cup or the sunday cup. No restrictions.

You're still far better off doing your detuning someplace where it won't ultimately count against you, and the safest place to do it is at one of the three machine test tracks.

GKP

buy all the parts that give ya HP. drop the HP at the Machine Test and go to the race. You can then equip the vehicle with the parts that'll give you the most HP

EX.
allowed hp: 591
Max you can go AFAIK(as far as i know): 600hp

buying all the parts helps in situations like these.

bye bye! :D

If you go to a regular track to do the adjustments, you either have to do the race (at a big disadvantage, as you've just dropped your HP, and seriously risk losing), or quit the race (and get credited with a loss anyway

D'OH!
I was wondering if doing that counted against you....:eek: Man! I've probably killed my wins ratio by now!!

Originally posted by Trailer01
I was wondering if doing that counted against you...

It's easy enough to check.

1) Save your game.
2) Go to the statistics screen and check the number of races entered and number of races won values.
3) Enter, then quit a race.
4) Go back to the statistics screen and check the number of races entered and number of races won values.

You should see that the number of races entered has incremented, but the number of races won is unchanged, and - Congratulations! - your 'wins' ratio and finishing position average are now worse too!

optional:
5) Go to the opening menu and restore your game.

GKP

Back