• Thread starter Slash
  • 19 comments

Slash

POWER BY FORD
Premium
United States
Indian Falls, NY
slashfan7964
After getting some peer pressure to post this, and me putting it off, I figured I should "introduce" myself (even though you all know me :lol:). Better late than never I suppose.

• How did you find GTPlanet?
Google, quite literally. I was scanning the internet around '05 or so since GT4 had just come out. I think I was looking for help tuning or how to win a specific race. I was having a hell of a time winning a race against a Viper at Seattle Circuit in an SVT Cobra R. I ended up lurking for quite a few years, and never signed up and started posting regularly. By that point, I was pretty familiar with the big name members.

• Where are you from?
I am from a little town in New York, about 30 miles east of Buffalo. No, I've never been to New York City, and don't plan to. There's not much here though, it's in the middle of nowhere. You have to go about 12 miles to get to stores etc. It's nothing but a creeks, ponds, cornfields and forest. Yes, I have been to Lake Ontario, though I haven't been to Niagara Falls which is about 45 minutes away.

• When did you start playing the Gran Turismo games?
Around '05 or so, just after the release of GT4. It hadn't been out that long. It was actually given to me for my birthday from my aunt. For a while I neglected it because the cover made it look boring, but once I gave it a chance, I found myself frequently questioning why I haven't played it more since at the time, it was the most realistic racing game I'd ever seen.

• Do you play with a steering wheel?
For years I played with a standard Dualshock controller, but about 2 years ago I picked up a brand new Driving Force GT wheel off Amazon for a small fortune. I like it much better than the controller, but I'm still not perfect. and would rather do track days than actually race.

• What other games do you enjoy?
I lost interest in cars around late 2007 and really got into the Guitar Hero and Rock Band scenes. Those eventually phased out and I got back into cars. I also like Battlefield as well as Madden and especially Grand Theft Auto. Lately however, I have sort of lost interest in gaming in general, and would rather actually do things in games myself (like racing for example).

• What are you most looking forward to doing in the community, now that you're a part of this site?
Becoming a valuable asset, basically. Other than that, not really sure.

Late welcome,

image.jpg

:gtpflag:

You have to remember, @Slash used to be "Slashfan" then when some jackass bought him lifetime premo for no good reason, he "slashed" that part of his username off.
I was "slashfan7964" before that :lol:

Go away! Leave GTP! :mad:

No, seriously, congratulations on being a true post whore! :lol:
:bowdown:

:gtpflag:

Seriously? 25000????

I joined September 2010, and I've only just popped over 1000! How did... what... when... why...wow...

Congratulations!

I probably post the most on this board of all the boards I am on, and that's a lot :lol:

Back