SFLDrifters June6th Practice Video

• Thread starter epic
  • 12 comments
It's a cool video.But I Think if you guys have drifted in the dry ,it would have shown more skill,than drifting in the wet.
Over all it was a good video,the drifting wasn't the best in the world,but it was good start.

BTW--What's up with all the beaters in that video??? :crazy:

You honestly think its easier to drift in the rain then the dry? I can tell that you've never been drifting before. It takes a lot more skill to drift in the rain, you have to have very good throttle control and steering work... in the dry weather, you can just floor it around the corner and turn the wheel every now and then... we have other videos of past practices and events in the dry. Haha, beaters are the way to go, these are all the daily driver drift cars man... keep in mind, were just a group of people who love to go out drifting, not sponsered or in Formula D. Thanks for the input though.

I have buddy,try drifting and controling a damn 977hp R33,then we can talk
ghostrider_h4h.gif

As for the beaters,they are a hell of a daily driver's :sly:

Bahbo
Gran Turismo 4 is alot different then real life.

I liked the corolla trying to drift 👍

OH I SEE YOU GOT JOKES?????
Another damn RICER talking ****

OK SMARTASS,here are some pictures taken 2 years ago
ghostrider_h4h.gif

MyR33-2.jpg

MyR33-1.jpg

MyR33-3.jpg

Looks like fun! GJ Epic.

hell raiser

and you weren't?

hell raiser
But I Think if you guys have drifted in the dry ,it would have shown more skill,than drifting in the wet

and all we have seen from you is talk and three pictures of a parked car.

hell raiser
BTW--What's up with all the beaters in that video???

:rolleyes:

hell raiser
BTW--What's up with all the beaters in that video???

I dunno, last year a 1986 Toyota Corolla did win the D1GP championship....Just because it's not as expensive and as fast or exotic doesn't make a difference....

Hell Raiser
OH I SEE YOU GOT JOKES?????

OK SMARTASS,here are some pictures taken 2 years ago
ghostrider_h4h.gif

Why over-react so badly? If you really own the car, why would it matter to you if someone you don't even know believes you or not?

The only thing anyone would ask is just to take a picture of you holding a piece of paper with your name on it in front of the car. Quickest way to prove you own it.

I think getting a car sideways on dry pavement is a lot harder then wet pavement. I can slide my truck all over when it's wet out and yes I can hold it sideways. If I did that on dry pavement....well I don't think I could without flipping over or owning my tires.

My brother is really into drifting, why my former Saturn is no longer with us (long story but it ended with some crappy car sliding into it), so I'm helping him get his newer vehicle set up to drift. He got a 98 S-10 4 banger with 5 speed. Sometime this weekend we are going to do a 5/7 drop on it which will help. And any of you who think trucks can't drift need to go out an try it. I think trucks are some of the best vehicles to drift with.

Any way enough about me, I thought the video was decent although the camera stuff was iffy. You need to get a tripod to do that sort of stuff as well as in car mounting stuff. I assume you will be doing a lot of videos. Also get a good video editing program...don't use Windows Movie Maker (I don't know if you did). Sorry I'm pretty big on doing videos and stuff.

I didn't edit or take the videos, just participated in them. So I have no idea what he used to do the video with.

oh yea, heres in an in-car of me, yea yea i spun out the first attempt but i also tried entering at 50mph in the wet... not the best, but neither am I.

http://weaponxracing.com/vids/Alchemist In Car.wmv

and heres a GranTurismo style 360 I did lol

http://weaponxracing.com/vids/Alchemist Spinout.wmv

and no clutchkicking was involved btw in case you were under the impression of one.

My Biscayne is about the size of a small truck, and I can get it sideways by slamming the brakes, and locking them up. Not something I enjoy doing. I actually think you could Drift a Peterbuilt If you tried hard enough. If there's a will, there's a way...

Back