Shaking (vibrating) lines

• Thread starter mmou
  • 11 comments
Croatia
Croatia
m_mou
Having this problem lately. Whenever I play GT5, I get a lot of vibrating lines/textures. For example, white lines on the road, fences around the tracks etc. The problem is most noticeable on Premium cars, I supouse because of the sharper edges/more pixels. Did any of you had this problem? Thanks in advance

Eks
Could it be because there isn't much Anti-Aliasing in GT5?

I'm affraid that's not the case. I'm aware of screen tearing aswell. And it was all ok until about week or two ago. I suspect the problem could be HDD. However, don't have any other game to try if the problem occurs with other ones. When I watch TV (built in DTV receiver) or through USB port, there is no problem. One more detail, in this case Standard cars actually look better than Premiums since there is no vibrating/shaking lines on them.

Is the problem online or offline?

Online I've noticed poor video in crowded rooms or a room with users known to have connection problems.

Rough edges and stuttering/tearing.

Never any problems offline.

GUMP07
Is the problem online or offline?

Online I've noticed poor video in crowded rooms or a room with users known to have connection problems.

Rough edges and stuttering/tearing.

Never any problems offline.

Online and offline.

Does it happen immediately or only after the PS3 has been on for a bit? It could be an overheating issue. A small fan blowing on the console could help. PS3s do get a lot of dust inside of them after a while and that really affects cooling a great deal. It could also be corrupted install data or cache. The cache can be cleared out in the settings menu. I think it's the last option at the bottom. If it's game data you could back up your save game data, delete the installed GT5, and then reinstall it and restore your save game. Could also be that your PS3 is getting ready to kick the bucket. Good luck!

Sark

The problem just got worse. Now I get shaking on DTV input also. That means my TV is broken. Not sure if that is good or bad news. Anyway, thanks everyone for their input.
Cheers!

Back