Shaky Camera Bug?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RedOak
  • 23 comments
  • 3,088 views
Messages
1,261
Messages
Dry Tarmak
Inquiry to see if anyone else has that problem.

I just started playing (did a few races.. sunday cup and all) with a Mazda RX-7 '95. Words beautifully... except that on specific tracks (Laguna Seca is a good exemple) i get a lot of Camera shakiness.

Actually, its more of a jag then a shake. My only explanation for it is the 'camera blur' you get when you hit walls and stuff, which kind of extrapolate on poor suspensions or pumps on the road...

Anyone else gets this? Its really hard to see as the screen becomes really jaggy and it really doesn't feel normal... it seems its a very big Camera bug to me. I'd flag it at work, that's for sure.

Anyone?
 
I've been having the same problem - it has nothing to do with whats going on w/ your car or the race - it seems that the screen goes into a slight "blur" every once in a while - it kinda shakes a couple centimeters, then goes back to normal.

I also noticed this at my friends house when we were playing it over there, so I know its not my TV or PS2.

Anyone have any ideas? Is this a software glitch?
 
I always figured it did it when the frame rate started to slow down so that the frame rate wouldn't slow down that much. It never does it to me while I'm driving tho....jit only does it during a rolling start for me.
 
you mean the interlacing problem everyone is having?

its in a thread thats pretty open all the time, no one has been able to figure out how to fix it yet, except lowering GT4's brightness down to 0 helps a tad.

or is this a _different_ type of blur?
 
my guess to this would be that PD, has finally over done themselves with the graphics that the ps2 can barely handle it >_> sorry if its a stupid guess but i guess its my sort of theory..
 
i thought this was already mentioned.
i dunno, i thought this would be mentioned in the GT4 Bug Thread..

and yes. this happenes to me also.
at first i thought it was my TV that's crappy.
and i played it at my friend's house, and the same thing happened.
 
not sure,it happens to me also,maybe some kind of data still loading? :)
 
I got the same problem when I hit the wall or something
 
Well it seems that it doesn't happen when i'm on 'roof' cam mode... I've been racing like that for the past 2 days and have had no jitter so far... ?!
 
boa129
I got the same problem when I hit the wall or something
Yeah, I notice it when you hit a wall too, but it's no big problem. Usually when I press L1, it goes away and most of the time it goes away on its own.
 
I don't want to insult your intelligence if you were thinking of something else, but the jittered camera effect when you hit a wall is intentional. It seems there's a shaky effect that is a bug in the game. I just hit pause and then continue the game and it works ok.
 
I set my brightness to 0 and the problem is 90% gone.

Doesn't work for everyone unfortunately.
 
98cobra
Yeah, I notice it when you hit a wall too, but it's no big problem. Usually when I press L1, it goes away and most of the time it goes away on its own.
Thats not the screen jitter glitch. What you experiance when you hit a wall is whiplash. In real life you would see about the same thing if you hit a wall in the same way. GT4 does this to add more realism I guess. But its not a glitch, its suppose to make it hard for people to wall bang. If everything is all blured you wont be able to see what you need to do next to keep on cheating.



The real screen glitch doesnt blurr the screen. It just jumps up and down some for a second or two.
 
I've always had the screen glitch during the rolling start on Special Stage in Sunday Cup and once it kept going for like 6 more seconds when I started racing. It pisses me off cuz I can't make out details.
 
I deleted all the songs from the Race playlist and that cured most of it for me.
 
I say we give this glitch a name. Splinter sounds appropriate to me. What do you guys think?

P.S. I race in hood cam view and I still get the problem quite a bit, especially on New York.
 
I get this glitch on some of the starts but its not a big prob. hardly ever happens.
 
It's a framerate issue, I'm certain of that after yesterday. I was doing a lot of b-spec yesterday and noticed the flicker on the external camera, and it would disappear when a car left the screen. In other words, when a 5000 polygon model was no longer being rendered, the flickering stopped. This was on multiple occasions, so I would bet a kidney it's the framerate.
 
I got the problem too... had it once real bad while driving on the night course (forgot which one Tokyo route?) Bothered the hell outta me I was about to throw the TV... but it was only for a splite second just hate game glitches. O well still kick ass game !
 
Try shaking your tv at the same rate as the screen is shaking.
 
Back