Share your GTS car setups, List on post #1

• Thread starter diesel97
  • 1,242 comments
Dan
Could someone help me out with the 650S GT3? For the most part, it's amazing around the Nurburgring. However, I am having some oversteer issues in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear. The car feels like it has too much torque while accelerating, and I want to eliminate this problem so it will be more stable coming out of turns. I'm not that good at tuning, so if anyone can give me some advice or recommended settings, I would greatly appreciate it.

This video blows me away. You're as precise as a laser through those corners and have the consistency of a professional driver! Hats off to you, man.
Hmm, the old LSD thing of something like 15/10/10 or even 15/10/20 seems to be working OK for these sorts of issues. Basically, a lower accel number than the initial torque evens things out when you go to mash it. Not sure if you are using TCS?

Past that, having rear springs and ARB above the front will help, and of course having the ride height even, if not up in the front.

EDK
Hmm, the old LSD thing of something like 15/10/10 or even 15/10/20 seems to be working OK for these sorts of issues. Basically, a lower accel number than the initial torque evens things out when you go to mash it. Not sure if you are using TCS?

Past that, having rear springs and ARB above the front will help, and of course having the ride height even, if not up in the front.

Yes, I'm still using TCS. :( In GT6, I felt much faster and in control of the car without it, but in GTS, it's the complete opposite. I'll be sure to try your settings when I get home. When you say to make the ride height even, should I have the car try to sit as low as I can, high up, or somewhere in the middle?

Dan
Yes, I'm still using TCS. :( In GT6, I felt much faster and in control of the car without it, but in GTS, it's the complete opposite. I'll be sure to try your settings when I get home. When you say to make the ride height even, should I have the car try to sit as low as I can, high up, or somewhere in the middle?
I've been doing middle, but it certainly depends on the track. Anything bumpier like nurb will require more travel, the other tracks, you might be able to get away with less travel and a lower car. But if the car is already oversteering, bottoming out is going to make it worse. That would be the basic principle. Lowest you can get away with, but not any lower.

EDK
I've been doing middle, but it certainly depends on the track. Anything bumpier like nurb will require more travel, the other tracks, you might be able to get away with less travel and a lower car. But if the car is already oversteering, bottoming out is going to make it worse. That would be the basic principle. Lowest you can get away with, but not any lower.

Ok, thank you. One question about the Nurburgring, on the last corner right before the back straight (can't remember the name), is it safer to stay on the outside of the turn? When I hug the inside line, the ground is extremely uneven there and it feels like my car bounces up 45 degrees.

Dan
Ok, thank you. One question about the Nurburgring, on the last corner right before the back straight (can't remember the name), is it safer to stay on the outside of the turn? When I hug the inside line, the ground is extremely uneven there and it feels like my car bounces up 45 degrees.
The 2 Caurosel turns are a matter of debate. With TC 1 in the c7, I have been taking them inside. But outside is safer and likely more consistent in race. People don't seem to pass me if I take high and they take low.

The gr.3 cars are really tough over the bumps at Nurburgring. I'll try to raise the ride height the next time that event is going on. Right now it's trying to control the oversteer on turn 2-3 at Seaside.

EDK
The 2 Caurosel turns are a matter of debate. With TC 1 in the c7, I have been taking them inside. But outside is safer and likely more consistent in race. People don't seem to pass me if I take high and they take low.

Sorry, I meant the turn after the second carousel before the straight, but I see what you mean.

Dan
It is an in-out-in corner but the entry has the difficult bump. Especially in slipstream I would avoid the entry kerb so that the is on ground. Also in that spot you don't have to be too close to the leading car because the slipstream is on your side on the next straight. As always, good setup makes things easier also in this corner

All Gt3 are very difficult on low speed corners on Nurburgring, Hyundai is best car on trc 0, other need 1, but then under steer more..i mean stock setup, my best 7.08 and i drive very carefully.High speed sectors are amazing good. Still hate impossible suspension tune 0.5 camper etc. and car is faster ? DirtRally we have online:no tuning, no restart, it is fair.
And where is psvr, we don't live stone age anymore.

Last edited:
Dan
Sorry, I meant the turn after the second carousel before the straight, but I see what you mean.
It's all about corner exit to maximise speed for the beginning of the straight. So a bit of compromise on corner entry is perfectly acceptable to ensure the corner exit. You can take the corner exit at a very high speed if you get it right. As @GordonS says it's an in-out-in corner. You need to try and stay out as far as possible through the middle part of the corner to ensure you get the quickest exit out of the corner.

My onboard lap with toyota FT-1 at nurburgring + setup. Hope you like it ^^

Igor gets it's spot on in this vid. He stays as far to the left as possible through the middle of the corner meaning he can maximise his exit speed. It's probably one of my favourite corners of the track because it's tricky to get right but when you do it feels like you have cheated the track and taken the corner faster than is possible.

It's all about corner exit to maximise speed for the beginning of the straight. So a bit of compromise on corner entry is perfectly acceptable to ensure the corner exit. You can take the corner exit at a very high speed if you get it right. As @GordonS says it's an in-out-in corner. You need to try and stay out as far as possible through the middle part of the corner to ensure you get the quickest exit out of the corner.

Thanks! 👍

Any updated GT-R Gr.4 Setups? Currently on a 1.51.318 which i think is ok but i dont think many people are gunning for it on that track, i'll share setup when i figure out how to lol.

Brake Balance 5
RH 63-109
SR 18.53-1982
Sta 5-5
Comp 3-7
Rebound 4-2
Camber 1.6 1.4
Toe -0.05 0.05
FW 250 RW 460
LSD 5/40/5 5/30/5

Gearing, all the way right with Final Gear 5.000, then Max Speed 124, then take Final Gear to 4.121 then set the rest as follows
1st 3.209/42
2nd 1.954/69
3rd 1.565/86
4th 1.300/104
5th 1.106/122
6th 0.938/148

Good luck, any feedback is appreciated, i am also on a pad atm using square an x as my R2 isnt applying full throttle.

Thanks for the tune, just had a quick go on BHI after finally getting the GR.4 GTR, i managed a 0:51.7XX with TC and ABS off. It works a treat.:D

18033111_1567652153318885_3356117586903930475_n.jpg

I just need a tune for the 4C GR.3 at Dragons Trail then i'm all set for tonight races.

Igor gets it's spot on in this vid. He stays as far to the left as possible through the middle of the corner meaning he can maximise his exit speed. It's probably one of my favourite corners of the track because it's tricky to get right but when you do it feels like you have cheated the track and taken the corner faster than is possible.
I find I'm almost always in 4th gear approaching that corner, but taking the corner in 4th can be too risky. Generally my rule is to approach on the outside, downshift to 3rd, cut in over the bump, then immediately jump back into 4th once I get the revs. That way you can really shoot out of that corner and on to the straight. It's a fairly sharp corner, so cutting in puts you pretty much dead center in the road on exit. Seems to work well enough

Ok - it a day of firsts today. This is the very first tune I have ever shared in these years of being a GTP member.:embarrassed:

Its the GR.3 Ferrari 458 Italia GT3. Started to tune it my self because i like everything about the car - looks, sounds everything, and couldnt find a tune. Started at the Gr.3 Green Hell the other day, and now fine tuning at Drago Trail. Its not by far perfect, but i thought to throw it here if some of the tuning wizard can polish it.:cheers:

Its quite neutral tune - atleast I like it with my driving style. Driving with no aids. Just lift a little when accelerating from a curve and shifting to 3rd gear - thats where it bites you.:lol:

I manage quite comfortable 1.42 at Dragon Trail optimal being now at 1.41.8 - and im no where near the talent of the top10 guys.:D

Last edited:
All Gt3 are very difficult on low speed corners on Nurburgring, Hyundai is best car on trc 0, other need 1, but then under steer more..i mean stock setup, my best 7.08 and i drive very carefully.High speed sectors are amazing good. Still hate impossible suspension tune 0.5 camper etc. and car is faster ? DirtRally we have online:no tuning, no restart, it is fair.
And where is psvr, we don't live stone age anymore.
Do simple trick to all stock setups when using them as BoP applied, adjust same percentage on springs what BoP changes your car weight, most stock cars are decent after that, without BoP adjusted springs you'll suffer traction losses.

Edit: don't use directly showed percentage amount, count accurate percentage from informed stock weight and weight after BoP, use enough numbers after decimal comma.

Dan
Oh. I am double apexing that, just like the markers show. So inside for that first right apex after braking, and the second apex I can usually manage with just a lift and then I hammer down.

So, yestarday the event at Brands Hatch Indy with N300 brought me to the first position with 0:53.776, and later to the second position for a tenth. I was expecting that the event would last something like 2 days, and this morning i saw a new event, N300 Nurburgring Nordschleife. I made a setup yestarday fot the Brands Hatch and i've already used it for the Ring, with some little changes.

Here it is:

https://flic.kr/p/Tu3SvQ

https://flic.kr/p/Tu3ToG

Any suggests for improve it?

EDIT: Well, i don't know why the URL are broken and doesn't works, so i insert the direct link for make it easy

Last edited:
So, yestarday the event at Brands Hatch Indy with N300 brought me to the first position with 0:53.776, and later to the second position for a tenth. I was expecting that the event would last something like 2 days, and this morning i saw a new event, N300 Nurburgring Nordschleife. I made a setup yestarday fot the Brands Hatch and i've already used it for the Ring, with some little changes.

Here it is:

Tu3ToG

Tu3SvQ

Any suggests for improve it?
Your images are not showing up for me.

Suggest uploading them using the "Upload a File" feature on the bottom right if they are saved on your device, and imbed using the [ IMG] Tag if they are from a URL.

EDIT: I tried to edit your post to make the image URL's work, but they are still broken. Try using the upload feature instead. Also, you should ikely be using direct link URL's, as those have a bunch of extra crap in them.

EDK
Your images are not showing up for me.

Suggest uploading them using the "Upload a File" feature on the bottom right if they are saved on your device, and imbed using the [ IMG] Tag if they are from a URL.

Yeah, now i try

Ok - it a day of firsts today. This is the very first tune I have ever shared in these years of being a GTP member.:embarrassed:

Its the GR.3 Ferrari 458 Italia GT3. Started to tune it my self because i like everything about the car - looks, sounds everything, and couldnt find a tune. Started at the Gr.3 Green Hell the other day, and now fine tuning at Drago Trail. Its not by far perfect, but i thought to throw it here if some of the tuning wizard can polish it.:cheers:

Its quite neutral tune - atleast I like it with my driving style. Driving with no aids. Just lift a little when accelerating from a curve and shifting to 3rd gear - thats where it bites you.:lol:

I manage quite comfortable 1.42 at Dragon Trail optimal being now at 1.41.8 - and im no where near the talent of the top10 guys.:D

I want this Ferrari so bad :drool:

Trying my hardest to get the RS01 to a top 10 time around any track, didnt work for nurb, but getting close on dragontail, about 1 second off the top 10 time right (1:41.xxx) now with my current setup, but could improve with a better setup, anyone got a good one? I'll share mine hoping it's fixable
e27QrfC.jpg

nyKiCeH.jpg

I just think I stink at the Ring. I have used your setups inGT6 and on all other tracks and do great for me. But the Ring is just abtrack I SUCK at apparently. I was doing everything I could to break 8:50 on a 3 lap try with this setup. Car feels great I think I just don't know the best places to break or something.

I just think I stink at the Ring. I have used your setups inGT6 and on all other tracks and do great for me. But the Ring is just abtrack I SUCK at apparently. I was doing everything I could to break 8:50 on a 3 lap try with this setup. Car feels great I think I just don't know the best places to break or something.
Nordschleife need a lot of practice, i can´t figure how many km i have on this track, for sure more than 500.000km. Anyway , there is a lot of braking points to memorize and try to not brake your builded speed, mostly with N300 cars.

Going to chose another toy to set right now.

Latest Posts

Back