Share your GTS car setups, List on post #1

• Thread starter diesel97
  • 1,242 comments
EDK
I did some FR tuning last night, but it's very early for me on this front. I have the Ferrari and want to go after setting it up. Don't have the game available right now.

I would try these approaches, directionally.

Ride Height - Front even with or potentially slightly higher than rear.
Stiffen rear ARB relative to front
Stiffen Rear Springs and/or soften front springs
Same with Dampers

Camber, I would use a range of 1.0-2.0 in both front and rear, try different combinations to balance the car.

Toe, I would zero the front and then set rear anywhere between -0.10 to +0.10. Try different settings and see the effect they have.

LSD is going to be very important, ride height and LSD will get you a good portion of the way there.

I was running 20/45/15 on the Corvette C7 Gr.3 list night to have it at a point of manageable.
Thanks for that. Want to try it later. If only the events would come back online

Was hoping you were one of the players in the top 10 giving setups. Seems the fastest players are keeping it to themselves which is fair enough. Good that you're on C already. I would be too but had a string of dirty races today with bad results. Complete contrast to my first couple of days.

I'm on a 6.51.245 at Nur with Merc 16. Will be sub 50 tomorrow. 1.53.202 at Dragon with GTR and a disappointing 1.31.461 at Willow with Impreza.

EDK
Where?

I am level C now, with a high 40's SR.

Brands Indy, I managed a 54.5 in my N300 Audi.

Big Willow in the Scirocco, I was in the low 1:22's.

Not a lot of Practice yet with my GT-R at Dragon Trail, and it's a new track to me. Had a low 1:54 for qualifying but I think with more practice and some tweaks to my base tune to suit the track I would be in the 1:52's.

I honestly can't recall full lap times at full Brands in the Gr.4 cars.

I got a 6:57 in my Gr.3 Vette at Nurb with minor tweaks.

Was hoping you were one of the players in the top 10 giving setups. Seems the fastest players are keeping it to themselves which is fair enough. Good that you're on C already. I would be too but had a string of dirty races today with bad results. Complete contrast to my first couple of days.

I'm on a 6.51.245 at Nur with Merc 16. Will be sub 50 tomorrow. 1.53.202 at Dragon with GTR and a disappointing 1.31.461 at Willow with Impreza.
What I've found over time though is that the tunes being used by the very fastest players don't necessarily suit everyone.

And that's not even to say my style will suit everyone, but my tunes do tend to be a bit more on the stable side than some of those guys, so a wider range of abilities can handle them.

I've seen some tunes from faster guys posted in other places, and I think I can tell what they are doing, but in some cases it's far from the direction I would take.

I want car to be quick but easily controllable, so my compromise will be toward control, while theirs might be toward pace alone.

1.22 at Willow? You cutting the last corner?

EDK
Where?

I am level C now, with a high 40's SR.

Brands Indy, I managed a 54.5 in my N300 Audi.

Big Willow in the Scirocco, I was in the low 1:22's.

Not a lot of Practice yet with my GT-R at Dragon Trail, and it's a new track to me. Had a low 1:54 for qualifying but I think with more practice and some tweaks to my base tune to suit the track I would be in the 1:52's.

I honestly can't recall full lap times at full Brands in the Gr.4 cars.

I got a 6:57 in my Gr.3 Vette at Nurb with minor tweaks.

1.22 at Willow? You cutting the last corner?
No, that was in the Gr.4 Scirocco that I linked the tune for, I had not set a time in the N300.

I'm certainly not here to cheat. Quite the opposite, I like to keep others from doing it as well.

I find that Priano setups are like that, too stable for me. Better with a fast setup if you want to go fast.

EDK
What I've found over time though is that the tunes being used by the very fastest players don't necessarily suit everyone.

And that's not even to say my style will suit everyone, but my tunes do tend to be a bit more on the stable side than some of those guys, so a wider range of abilities can handle them.

I've seen some tunes from faster guys posted in other places, and I think I can tell what they are doing, but in some cases it's far from the direction I would take.

I want car to be quick but easily controllable, so my compromise will be toward control, while theirs might be toward pace alone.

Apologies I didnt know there was a GR4 race at Willow. I've only seen the N300 race at Willow.

Yeah the corner cutting sucks but it's PD's fault for not making the event properly. Some people will always take advantage of that situation.

EDK
No, that was in the Gr.4 Scirocco that I linked the tune for, I had not set a time in the N300.

I'm certainly not here to cheat. Quite the opposite, I like to keep others from doing it as well.
EDK

Did anyone post an Astok Martin V12 Vantage GT3 tune? It feels quick and responsive stock but I feel like tuning it a little. Too tired right now to work on a tune my own, I should get back to bed. :lol:

EDK
Here's the setup I am using on the Scirocco Gr.4 at Big Willow. I imagine it would work fine at the other tracks with some minor tweaks.

View attachment 640277 View attachment 640278
This worked well on Dragon Trail, although I'm using a DS4 so I needed to put the traction control on 2. It got me a 1.55.200 time though, .6 quicker than my previous setup.

Just unlocked a Ford Mustang for this class, which is FR so still no AWD for me but it does have more power.

LSD in combination with all the rest is very effective in GTsport. A master key really.
Is there any general way to adjust tunes like yours for use with a DS4 controller? Like the Ford Mustang GR.4 tune, it's very tail-happy in corners to the point it's nearly drifting all the time. Going out of corners I have to counter steer to keep it straight. Even with traction control at 3 and feathering the trottle (for as much that is possible with the R2-button :/ ). Turning on the stability thing (ABS?) on helps but destroys the speed so I'd rather have it off. I can barely get a time under 1.58.x on Dragon Trail with it.

Perhaps in this case that's just what FR cars do, but I just wonder if there's a way to make it a little easier to handle with a DS4 controller in general.

Is there any general way to adjust tunes like yours for use with a DS4 controller? Like the Ford Mustang GR.4 tune, it's very tail-happy in corners to the point it's nearly drifting all the time. Going out of corners I have to counter steer to keep it straight. Even with traction control at 3 and feathering the trottle (for as much that is possible with the R2-button :/ ). Turning on the stability thing (ABS?) on helps but destroys the speed so I'd rather have it off. I can barely get a time under 1.58.x on Dragon Trail with it.

Perhaps in this case that's just what FR cars do, but I just wonder if there's a way to make it a little easier to handle with a DS4 controller in general.
Sorry i don´t have any idea about DS4 driving behaviors. I can´t even drive a decent lap with it after 7 years of G27 &29 , Perhaps a DS4 user or tuner can give you the solution... Sorry again.

Not sure if it works for the controller but lower the rear ride height (a lot) to counter the power oversteer. Also brake earlier so you have more time to straighten the car on a corner exit making it easier to apply throttle.

Does anyone know what setup is used to do a 1:09 lap at Willow with a N300 TTS?
This it the current top of the leaderboard.

I've just managed a 1:32 with my Megane. What is happening?

Just managed to get 1:31:6xx with new setup , but those with 1:09.xxx are crazy and i really think they are not making these lap times under the rules..
they are not for sure. i managed something around 1:29.5 or so with Evora, with OP cars like evo i think 1:26 could be possible

Any updated GT-R Gr.4 Setups? Currently on a 1.51.318 which i think is ok but i dont think many people are gunning for it on that track, i'll share setup when i figure out how to lol.

Brake Balance 5
RH 63-109
SR 18.53-1982
Sta 5-5
Comp 3-7
Rebound 4-2
Camber 1.6 1.4
Toe -0.05 0.05
FW 250 RW 460
LSD 5/40/5 5/30/5

Gearing, all the way right with Final Gear 5.000, then Max Speed 124, then take Final Gear to 4.121 then set the rest as follows
1st 3.209/42
2nd 1.954/69
3rd 1.565/86
4th 1.300/104
5th 1.106/122
6th 0.938/148

Good luck, any feedback is appreciated, i am also on a pad atm using square an x as my R2 isnt applying full throttle.

Last edited:
Any updated GT-R Gr.4 Setups? Currently on a 1.51.318 which i think is ok but i dont think many people are gunning for it on that track, i'll share setup when i figure out how to lol.

Brake Balance 5
RH 63-109
SR 18.53-1982
Sta 5-5
Comp 3-7
Rebound 4-2
Camber 1.6 1.4
Toe -0.05 0.05
FW 250 RW 460
LSD 5/40/5 5/30/5

Gearing, all the way right with Final Gear 5.000, then Max Speed 124, then take Final Gear to 4.121 then set the rest as follows
1st 3.209/42
2nd 1.954/69
3rd 1.565/86
4th 1.300/104
5th 1.106/122
6th 0.938/148

Good luck, any feedback is appreciated, i am also on a pad atm using square an x as my R2 isnt applying full throttle.

i wonder if it works with Crovette c7 Gr.4 ?

Latest Posts

Back