SharePlay and how it could work with GT7

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
Not sure how many are aware of the fairly new feature on the PS4 called SharePlay which allows a "host" (person who owns a game) to share with "guests" (those who don't own the game) through the PS4's party chat feature.

Now, I could see this being implemented for GT7, as it's up to the developer's discretion as to whether or not they allow the feature to be used with their game. The best possible scenario with SharePlay with GT7 would be the ability to do endurances races with a group through SharePlay since the host has the ability to "pass on" the controller to another person that's viewing the SharePlay. The only downside is that the SharePlay feature is 60 minute time limits, so every hour, the host would have to restart it. That would pretty much leave it at being good for offline events only in it's current form.

Of course, there's also the ability to pass on the controller to someone who can assist you if you're stuck on something, like tuning or a race/event that you might be struggling to win.

From what I have heard SharePlay is locked to 720p at 30 FPS. I don't know how well that would work out with a game like Gran Turismo.

I don't see how fps and resolution can be a huge problem for this? I like the endurance idea. Wanted to do this for quite some time anyway.

I don't see how fps and resolution can be a huge problem for this? I like the endurance idea. Wanted to do this for quite some time anyway.
720p and 30fps on a 55" tv would be like going back 10 years in gaming...kind of like including cars from the PS3 era...oh wait..:lol:

From what I have heard SharePlay is locked to 720p at 30 FPS. I don't know how well that would work out with a game like Gran Turismo.
It's locked to that for the user who is having it streamed to them. The host has it at full resolution and frame rate depending on the game.

720p and 30fps on a 55" tv would be like going back 10 years in gaming...kind of like including cars from the PS3 era...oh wait..:lol:
I have a 52" 3D Smart TV and 720p and 30fps doesn't look too bad, but of course from a distance of 2,2m from me to the screen, I certainly prefer 1080p, and 60fps do look silky smooth when compared, but it isn't a problem for me.

It's locked to that for the user who is having it streamed to them. The host has it at full resolution and frame rate depending on the game.
Yeah now I kinda see why it would be a problem. Kinda like Rocksmith 2014 on PS4. Now that it has native 1080p and 60fps, it has made the sounds weird in some way, since on PS3 it wasn't 60fps nor 1080p. Same stuff, just ported and optimized for PS4, but not when it comes to sounds. I hope they fix that. But oh sorry, back to topic! :P

Latest Posts

Back