Sharing cars between GT5 and GT6

Greece
Greece
lord_thyra7
I personally believe that there should be an option that i could transfer all my cars from gt5 to gt6 because some of the cars i bought from the online dealership or even the x1 (naked carbon color) is very difficult to be found in the normal used car dealership or to be won again .

What do you think everybody??

Kakarot
I strongly disagree with this. I dont want any of GT5s garbage data to touch my GT6.

Lol.that is funny.

Like get your filthy data off of my new GT6.
And you can take your hoovers with ya.

I think you should be able to port over one car that meets certain criteria, such as being premium, not a car from the Gran Turismo dealership, under a certain cost, and under a certain performance figure.

I would like to be able to import my garage from GT5 into GT6, however I won't complain if I can't if the GT6 upgrades are sufficient to make the GT5 settings incompatible.

I agree with Kakarot. I hope the car modeling is completely revamped to not even make this a possibility. It would just give PD an excuse to spend less effort improving and modeling new cars. For example recycling cars from GT4 into GT5 is a lazy lackluster effort. Would not want the same mistake in GT6. As far as hard to obtain cars from challenges, I'd rather win them again. It would make no sense to port an X1 from GT5 if there was an X1 challenge in GT6. Win it again, it's a new game, difficult is the point.

I always say that each GT should be a new experience, so I wouldn't be real cool in having my GT5 cars in GT6. I want to go from economy cars to the fastest sports cars and race cars without having to put my GT5 collection in GT6. And besides- it would be insane to have 1000 cars (like in GT5 to get that PSN Trophy) in GT6!

I think it would be nice to import your cars, but it will spoil the game a bit (starting with 700+ hp cars in your garage would make the game too easy). Maybe it should give us a cash bonus like they did in GT4 if you had a GT3 Save Game.

I'd like to have an import feature because I like some of my cars a lot and have spent hours and hours tuning them to my liking. It's a feature that deserves to be in GT6 and if you do not want to import your garage, then don't.

If you do that, tell me what is the point to play a totally new game with cars that we don´t even know which cars is going to have????

And what about if it is for PS4...what about quality...etc...no man.
No sense to me...

Remember when they said GT5:P players and GTPSP owners could transfer their cars to GT5? It would probably be nothing more than an Arcade mode transfer. I just don't think they'll allow it for their "career" mode.

I hope the car modeling is completely revamped to not even make this a possibility.
That's impossible. Even if GT5 and 6 share no single line of code, as long as they have enough of their car lists in common, you can transfer cars. If a GT5 save has a Viper ACR, then GT6 would just insert a Viper ACR into the garage.

It would make no sense to port an X1 from GT5 if there was an X1 challenge in GT6. Win it again, it's a new game, difficult is the point.

It would make perfect sense.

Without transfer:
Get X1, go to X1 challenge, race against other X1's

With transfer:
Go to X1 challenge, race against other X1's

The difficulty is the same in either case.

That's impossible. Even if GT5 and 6 share no single line of code, as long as they have enough of their car lists in common, you can transfer cars. If a GT5 save has a Viper ACR, then GT6 would just insert a Viper ACR into the garage.

My point is I don't want GT4 modeled cars with choppy polygons in my GT6.

It would make perfect sense.

Without transfer:
Get X1, go to X1 challenge, race against other X1's

With transfer:
Go to X1 challenge, race against other X1's

The difficulty is the same in either case.

It would make sense if what your proposing is what the GT6 X1 challenge would consist of. (Racing against other X1's)
But I'm under the assumption it would be a solo challenge like GT5.

I agree with Kakarot. I hope the car modeling is completely revamped to not even make this a possibility.

I'm almost 100% positive you'll see the GT5 Premium cars ported over to GT6. They're pretty much future proof at this point.

Latest Posts

Back