Sharing pictures on social media

France
Nantes
P308R
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right place but I wanted to know which social media you guys use for sharing your pictures taken in DRIVECLUB.

Many use Flickr or ImgURL for posting pictures and then sharing it on GTP. There are even a few groups in Flickr, but does anyone of you use Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter or Google+ to present your work to a larger audience?

I started with Tumblr but I have the feeling it's much less effective than for example Google+ Community or Collections.

Regards,
doblo

Evolution Studios retweet lots of shared photos. Just tweet @DRIVECLUB while using #PS4share and you could have your work shared with over 30,000 followers.

Thanks @Scuderia Paul

I know that is the way one can go. But I was more talking about the people in here that take pictures within driveclub. Are the ones in here using more social media than just Twitter.

As said I don't have the feeling that many use other "tools" beside the usual suspects "Flickr and ImgURL". There are a few that use Twitter but that's is.

I am just wondering the reason behind? No interest, not for them or just not familiar with? There aren't that many that express their creativeness outside GTP.

Or am I completely wrong?

Thanks @Scuderia Paul

I know that is the way one can go. But I was more talking about the people in here that take pictures within driveclub. Are the ones in here using more social media than just Twitter.

As said I don't have the feeling that many use other "tools" beside the usual suspects "Flickr and ImgURL". There are a few that use Twitter but that's is.

I am just wondering the reason behind? No interest, not for them or just not familiar with? There aren't that many that express their creativeness outside GTP.

Or am I completely wrong?
I think Twitter is the main one alright, possibly due to FaceBook's wonky search parameters (apparently) plus, Evolution tend to be more active on Twitter - that is after all what the tool is for.

As for image hosting, I've seen different ones used, but you are right, the majority are the 'usual suspects'.

Personally, I don't invest too much time via Imgur, by that I mean linking my gallery or specific images to the main page and such. Most of these hosting communities seem to me, to be a focus for little else than egos. They all seem to be interested in just posting their own images and getting praise for them, without paying attention to others. This is why I post more regularly here, there is an actual community of like minded people (for the most part.) I mean, we do get the few who post only their pictures, using the sub-forum as a vehicle without interacting - but most here do interact and that makes it special.

There have been other places that posted DC images regularly, such as NeoGaf and PS Forums, but they seem a lot quieter these days from what I can tell. Even Reddit has less DC related activity than here and anyway, some of the posters there are here too.

GTP used to get some flak for the amount of images chosen by Evolution, so we must be doing something right :)

I have only used Flickr since the max size allowed was reduced back in March. It takes longer but to share the pics I feel they are best viewed in full hd size so I link the pics for people to follow and it gives me a library saved without too many USB or files everywhere when I know it's uploaded etc so it works for me. I tried twitter and ps forum in the past as I see a few from here on there but I am quite old school and don't really get it or have my pics retweeted so gave up. I don't share them anywhere else so if they are used they must be seen from here. So I will carry on posting just here as @MeanElf says at least here there is discussion and the regulars are getting to know how each work and if evo check them out that is a bonus 👍

Thanks for your answers so far 👍

Photomodes excist since GT4 on PS2 era but up until today it really hasn't taken off on the web. The new generation consoles offer much more diversity and the quality is really high. More and more games start to include photomodes into games and presumably over the next few years we could see more and more virtual photographers showing of their work.

I use the mobile application from Flickr a lot and I like to browse through the pictures of the persons I follow. Most of them I know from here at it's just nice to see so much creativity.

The problem I have with browsing the forums (any) for pictures is that you need to go to several places to see pictures and it's not all in one place. Discussions on photomode take place in GT, Forza, Driveclub and pCARS forums which many times discuss similar topics.

Could it be that in fact we are still in the early days of photomodes? Is the demand getting higher for those modes? Are virtual photographers still a niche within gaming?

I wondered who GJV was ;)👍

I think since PC's/xone/ PS4 graphically things have stepped up, the pictures have become more and more life like and real. I have taken pics on previous generations but they look like shots from the game with rough aliasing edges, Out of all the photomodes I have got used to DC more than PCars, and Forza (from what I have tried on friends and mine when I had it) and I don't have a gaming PC. I think it is still a niche as I bet quite a percentage don't bother with the photo mode and just race.(more so on consoles)

I think it helps if you have a passion for photography or cars this then is just the next natural step and even if not this is much easier as a little hobby/enjoyment than learning an advanced camera and standing in the hot/cold for hours just for the right shot to then miss it when someone talks to you or the car goes too damn quick or you mess up the exposure/speed (been there too).
So it has changed by:
1/ The graphics and abilities available now since next gen (free roam/filters/detail of scenery/cars/interiors etc)
2/ social media and the devs sharing them more and being more interactive with the community when before every one just did it for their own screensaver and you never heard from the developers!. I like the way especially Evolution has started something here.

I would like to see more advanced photomodes and them put in every game (well racers anyway) and maybe in the future they might have an art exhibition by the developer with a gallery with best printed on the walls to view :lol: 👍

I wondered who GJV was ;)👍

I think since PC's/xone/ PS4 graphically things have stepped up, the pictures have become more and more life like and real. I have taken pics on previous generations but they look like shots from the game with rough aliasing edges, Out of all the photomodes I have got used to DC more than PCars, and Forza (from what I have tried on friends and mine when I had it) and I don't have a gaming PC. I think it is still a niche as I bet quite a percentage don't bother with the photo mode and just race.(more so on consoles)

I think it helps if you have a passion for photography or cars this then is just the next natural step and even if not this is much easier as a little hobby/enjoyment than learning an advanced camera and standing in the hot/cold for hours just for the right shot to then miss it when someone talks to you or the car goes too damn quick or you mess up the exposure/speed (been there too).
So it has changed by:
1/ The graphics and abilities available now since next gen (free roam/filters/detail of scenery/cars/interiors etc)
2/ social media and the devs sharing them more and being more interactive with the community when before every one just did it for their own screensaver and you never heard from the developers!. I like the way especially Evolution has started something here.

I would like to see more advanced photomodes and them put in every game (well racers anyway) and maybe in the future they might have an art exhibition by the developer with a gallery with best printed on the walls to view :lol: 👍
Driveclub's photomode is second to none, I wish I spent more time enjoying it rather than chasing quick times. When I look at some of the results my jaw has to be picked up off the floor!!!

^^ You should give it a go but it will stop you mid race and effect your awesome times!! So maybe a little at a time as you might get addicted like the rest of us on it.

^^ You should give it a go but it will stop you mid race and effect your awesome times!! So maybe a little at a time as you might get addicted like the rest of us on it.
Lol, "my awesome times", I wish!! To be honest that is one of the best benefits of the replay mode. You can go back, review from any angle at any time and find the best pictures. How are you getting on at BHR2 for dynamic weather world records?? What about trying any other tracks??

Some interesting questions you pose @doblocruiser - philosophical some would say.

Mr @torque99 is of course quite correct in his observation that it seems to have taken off more since the current-gen kicked off. I know that I've been hammering on across various forums about games not including any form of photomode since the PS3 had that facility, it really surprised me that game developers hadn't realised how beneficial it all could be.

I have galleries from seventeen games across three generations - I could have a lot more, if I had bothered with a capture card for the PS3 and got around to the games I have on PS4 that still sit there on the shelf due to 'certain other games' hogging my time. I also wished that Nintendo allowed the transfer of images from games from the WiiU because I could have some great action shots from a few games there too. I also wish I could capture images from games that have nothing set up in that regard, like Brink; Enslaved: Odyssey to the West; Killzone 2 or 3; Dead Island and the earlier Infamous games.

Being a tad broke still I haven't really followed the development of the pCars photomode situation - I mean, has it improved from the rather basic thing that shipped with the game? If not, that seems rather indicative to me of how so few developers realise what a brilliant tool they have there at their disposal.

Maybe not all of them are interested in what it could bring out into the world, but I hope that more of them do. Gaming has stepped out of the bounds it originally occupied years ago, and game art was recognised in Japan a while ago with an exhibit of GT6 footage...so maybe, just maybe gaming photos will get their day (hell, someone fooled Nissan US :D)

Last edited:
Lol, "my awesome times", I wish!! To be honest that is one of the best benefits of the replay mode. You can go back, review from any angle at any time and find the best pictures. How are you getting on at BHR2 for dynamic weather world records?? What about trying any other tracks??

You do have awesome times as they are no1 globally!!:bowdown: I have been busy at work suddenly so been on saved replays for photos when I have the odd hour or too spare and then posting them on here takes time etc so I haven't had much time to carry on with beating the top spot. I got a couple further up the board but when I have more time spare soon I will work on the other race tracks probably India and Japan next as they have great corners and chicanes in the wet, also Wester ross is great in the wet. Point to point I am not that good on if honest and need more practice as you can't quickly restart if you crash right at the end and takes more time to get good times.

....So photo mode takes over again ;) half way through the point to point! Even the tour like you is not priority for me as well and I work on the odd one when I have a min. I have great admiration for guys that stick at getting all 945 stars! :bowdown: or elite 65 driving positions.. I'm only on level 53 I think now.

@MeanElf I agree I hope more games introduce and work on photo mode as it is an enjoyable part of the game for me just to stop and see the graphics in fine detail any where in the game engine is still awe inspiring to me having come so far from atari 2d graphics!

I started taking pictures with GT4 but I was never that good at it because I didn't invest lots of time. My focus that time was more on racing.

Took quite a few pics in GT5 and really started to enjoy it in GT6. I have learned a lot from the forum members and I have come to a point that taking pictures interest me much more that the actual racing around. Maybe this has come with my age or having less time to really play games. You can do a photomode session in 20 minutes, which is almost impossible while racing. My focus has shifted so to say.

@MeanElf My question wheren't really meant to be that philosophical. I was solely thinking about it and then I thought, strange that this really hasn't take off that big.

I believe as well that with this generation of consoles graphics and possibilities really open up and developers understand that players when enthusiastic can also be a great valuable marketing tool.

Take Driveclub, I never read to much about it, I knew it excisted and due to all the great pictures in here it got me interested.

@torque99 Strange thing is that I thought exactly that an Exhibition! How cool would that be 👍

Well I really hope that more and more games start to include photomode because I think it is an absolutely fantastic tool.

Édit...for fun...and how to get creative...
I found someone creative with GTA5 on Flickr. Don't know the guy but pics are very nice. His name : Tom le Chat (profile pic with white cat). Check it out if you have some spare time!

Last edited:
I've not even used it yet, but judging by the comments and some of the results that can be created I think it's time to dip my toes in

Back