Shelby Cobra drift tune(s)?

United States
United States
KNIGHTFURY
I bought a "Shelby Cobra 427 S/C Chrome Line" to be exact and im trying to get it to drift but im not a good tuner.

Tunes, tips and tricks will be greatly appreciated. (Btw- Im using a wheel)

Well I haven't drifted a Cobra 427 so I can't give you a precise tune, but I can give you a few tips.
I usually start of by dropping it to lowest height and start of with 2.5 of camber, and stiffen it up by the dampers etc.
Also for the transmission I keep it at around mid-speed depending on how much BHP.
Hope this helped!

Edit: I use a controller btw, so I'm not too sure if it'll be the same for the wheel.

I bought a "Shelby Cobra 427 S/C Chrome Line" to be exact and im trying to get it to drift but im not a good tuner.
Depends on how experienced a drifter you are but I wouldn't really recommend the cobra unless you are experienced. Its got too much power and a really short wheelbase that makes it kind of unstable.

I would severely discourage setting anything to the lowest ride height, particularly on old soft cars as you will just bottom out the shocks constantly and cause odd handling characteristics. A bit of camber on the front wheels can be useful to smooth out transitions but setting it to anything other than 0.0 to start with is inadvisable.

I might have a look later as I have one sitting in my garage

The method I use to tune my cars on the wheel is the following: I start by diff: 60/60/60
Then tranny upgrade to : six or five speed
Then power : max everything out
Then ajust the car to get a weight of 1240-1250kg
Make the car have a weight distribution of: 55:45 (Use ballast) and (ballast position)
Afterwards I tackle the suspension : try front height 125 rear height 85
Then springs you want front to be 2:00kg harder then the rear.

For dampers: dampers a just to your liking

For camber :I give 3.00-3.5 front camber 0 at rear and
Then toe :-0.05 front 0.20 rear
Brake balance 5:5 racing brakes

Try that to begin with then ajust dampers and springs to your liking..

I've had a look and frankly I couldn't recommend this car unless you are an experienced drifter, even then you're gonna struggle. I've got it working but its still a complete handful, far too much torque for a car that small. I'll post the tune up tomorrow

I've had a look and frankly I couldn't recommend this car unless you are an experienced drifter, even then you're gonna struggle. I've got it working but its still a complete handful, far too much torque for a car that small. I'll post the tune up tomorrow
I beg to differ.

It is actually a great starter car. Even in GT5 with very little tuning it was a great car. Not very fast but it is very smooth.

I used it when I had a DFGT by the way.

I beg to differ.

It is actually a great starter car. Even in GT5 with very little tuning it was a great car. Not very fast but it is very smooth.

I used it when I had a DFGT by the way.
In Gt5 big power was less of a problem and the proportions of a car had less influence on its characteristics. I'm not saying its unusable but its just not a lot of fun because its so damn twitchy and it struggles to hold angle

The method I use to tune my cars on the wheel is the following: I start by diff: 60/60/60
Then tranny upgrade to : six or five speed
Then power : max everything out
Then ajust the car to get a weight of 1240-1250kg
Make the car have a weight distribution of: 55:45 (Use ballast) and (ballast position)
Afterwards I tackle the suspension : try front height 125 rear height 85
Then springs you want front to be 2:00kg harder then the rear.

For dampers: dampers a just to your liking

For camber :I give 3.00-3.5 front camber 0 at rear and
Then toe :-0.05 front 0.20 rear
Brake balance 5:5 racing brakes

Try that to begin with then ajust dampers and springs to your liking..
I take it you use ABS.

In Gt5 big power was less of a problem and the proportions of a car had less influence on its characteristics. I'm not saying its unusable but its just not a lot of fun because its so damn twitchy and it struggles to hold angle

I run a 940HP GTO no problem, on wheel too. I don't see why the cobra would be an issue.

Back