Shelby Daytona Coupe am I missing something here?

• Thread starter shadow0460
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
First off, good car, classic feel, etc. The cockpit is CRAMPED though.
What I came to ask is does it go over 700PP, if so, how? If not, where does it shine? I've seen favorable posts about it.
I can win 800PP races on easy with 675PP, but the front down force not registering is a killer for me. I can see the hood vent. Is its down force not shown? Did Carrol Shelby block it? I mean heck even my F-150 has a tad of down force via grille and hood ducts.
If there are hints on tuning the Shelby Daytona Coupe, I'm interested. I appreciate the time put into posted tunes, but would like to work something out all my own.
I've won that race with the Trans Am and several road cars with road going engines. I'm sure I can win with the Shelby as well at least once.

I can see the hood vent. Is its down force not shown? Did Carrol Shelby block it? I mean heck even my F-150 has a tad of down force via grille and hood ducts.
You don't get downforce from the vent in the bonnet. There's a radiator in the way.

radiatorducting2f.jpg

Last edited:
I have posted a tune for this car, check it here on “The Doc’s Classic Car Tunes Emporium”. I am sure it only has rear downforce ,the Lamborghini Mura also has no tuneable front spoiler.

Last edited:
Back